• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [M] Persona: Memory's Edge

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
.​
OOC //
Persona: Memory's Edge

I am thou, and thou art I...

The city of Havencross, North Carolina has been going through some rapid changes the past few years. The mountain city is currently one of the epicenters of a pharmaceutical boom, and with it came the massive draw of people and money into the once-struggling city. Synocrine Industries, the company largely responsible for the boom has even designated Havencross as the new headquarters for their new offshoot Mnemo Pharmaceuticals, created to advance research into the newly discovered field of memory therapy. Alongside this move is the construction of the nation's first fully independent Memory Therapy clinic, offering memory alterations free from a hospital setting.

Memory Therapy has taken off in populated cities, allowing victims to remove traumatic memories or replace them with something more pleasant. Helping to fund further research is the option of implanting memories for wealthy clients looking for certain experiences without having to take the time to experience itself, or dangerous situations minus the danger. Although Mnemo is a new company, its start has been marred by controversy. Aside from the obvious reactions to memory alteration, a new disease has started to spread. Sudden Retrograde Amnesia Disorder (SRAD) has been the subject of large scale investigation, but so far evidence towards it having anything to do with Mnemo or Memory Therapy in general has been inconclusive at best. There has also been a small string of disappearances in Havencross, which the police have been all to quick to dismiss as a consequence of the population boom.

But none of this concerns you... yet. For now you are just a student in the newly built private school St. Dominic High School with occasionally odd dreams. Whether you come from wealth and privately funded your tuition or you're a scholarship student with a lot to prove, you made the cut for the first class through its doors. Things aren't likely to be that simple forever though.

Ultimately it will fall to you to find the truth behind the mysteries surrounding Mnemo, SRAD, and the missing people. unlikely as it sounds. You will be assisted in this task through your access to the Mirrored World. It seems your dreams has conferred more than just unease to you, as you soon gain the ability to fall through glass surfaces and enter a twisted version of the world within. This land is influences by the memories and desires of mankind, and largely inhabited by monsters formed from the darkest of humanity's thoughts call Shadows. You can defeat the shadows yourself, but you are not alone in fighting them. Deep within you is the power of Persona, an extenstion of your own will made manifest through your Anchor to the Past, a memory you can never forget so powerful it has guided you into who you are today.

Your Persona is a part of you, for better or worse. It reacts to your will and is only summon-able by you. You will only have one Persona for this RP, although those with the power to call multiple Personas do exist. A Persona most often takes the form of a mythological figure, beast, or a real person who's deeds have taken on a mystic quality (e.g. Caesar, Blackbeard, etc).

Your Persona has fantastic abilities in addition to their fantastic appearance. They often possess supernatural strength, destructive magic, and the ability to heal wounds. The type of abilities they have are listed below (they can have two, hover over the text for descriptions).​

Fire||Ice|| Lightning||Wind||Physical||Gun||Nuclear||Psi||Blessed||Cursed||Healing||Support||Debuff||Almighty.

It is inside this other world where you will need to piece together the truth, literally. The fragmented pieces of lost memories rest in here, and are the key to making sense of anything that happened here. The shadows are not willing to give them up without a fight, however, and some powerful ones have started appearing in the shape of people.​

Persona and their masters fall into one of 23 arcana, each symbolizing specific traits about your character as a whole. The arcana descriptions are given in hovertext over each image. Your arcana doesn't have to match your character as they start 100%, as working to embody your arcana is part of the growth process for characters.​

tZ9Bwvj.png
uLkno5P.png
YeiBTRV.png
seWsChc.png
GNIboV7.png
Kdtgp43.png
foG82Lb.png
f6pvrGA.png
jyG4nGC.png
984GYJQ.png
v13lVpP.png
oXu9Bvy.png
pIGoPNo.png
su6u1DV.png
kUPfpLB.png
PyM8C4g.png
4JAarxd.png
1mikPkO.png
2sF40tc.png
oGRvFHC.png

UNAVAILABLE ARCANA
These Arcana are part of the major arcana in real life, but represent much more in the games. Because of these gameplay reasons, they have been cut but explained.​

zOrw1bW.png
ug5hsxX.png
j9Bujko.png

Havencross

The City of Havencross was once an important trade stop for people headed out west, and has maintained a presence in the overland shipping industry due to it's location at the foot of a clear valley passage through the Appalachian Mountains. While medicine has changed the face of downtown and new city expansions, the old city is still firmly dedicated to transport. St Dominic's is located in the city center known as "Midtown", a reasonably affordable place to live for most residents but not too far from the neighboring districts of Downtown, Regency Park, Satin Heights, and even some poorer students can make the journey from the industrial center of Moreno Cross.

Some important areas of the city are:

Midtown: Home to St. Dominics as well as many of the white collar offices. Famously home to the old local Synocrine office, before the Mnemo headquarters was built downtown. It and the Memory Therapy clinic falls in the south of this district, near the border of the Downtown area.

Gabbro Plaza: The street home to both the old Synocrine building and the Memory Therapy clinic. While Synocrine used to own the entire building, several floors have yet to be rented out. The Clinic is notably only a two story building, and not as large as the hubbub makes it sound. Only a handful of patients seem like they would even be able to use the facility at the same time.

Regency Park: Most of this district is made up of houses and parks, a notably new district too. Housing here is varies in price, depending on exact distance to the parks and rising in price greatly near Satin Heights.

Elk Ridge Park: The largest park within the district. Famous for having a thriving natural pond, mostly untouched by the city. The prior own infamously refused to sell the land the park sat on until his deathbed, and his will turned possession of the land over to the city's park services much to the frustration of businessmen everywhere.

Satin Heights: Located north of Midtown, this area of the city is notably lavish and wealthy. Buying a home here means you have made it in the world.

Downtown: The center of white collar business and entertainment in the city. Home to Mnemo and approximately everything you'd actually want to do in the city. Recent renovations have installed a public tram system to help combat the traffic issue.

Slate Ave: Technically several streets, but the main street is the most known. This area is where Mnemo and really all of the important businesses sit. Also home to several high class restaurants in some of the buildings.

Little Broadway: Theatre has always had a loyal following in Havencross, and over time it all condensed into a single street. Shows, music, and freakshows abound.

Moreno Cross: Much of the old city lies here, home of steelyards, trainyards, and various transportation companies. The smell of fuel is heavy in some areas, and a general sense of griminess lingers.

The Abandoned Street: For some reason all the businesses on this street went under, and no replacements have managed to establish a foothold. Local rumors say there's a curse here. Curse or not, it's not a place many want to hang out.

Deadman's Land: The eastern area of the city everyone forgot. Poverty is rampant here, as is crime. Most residents will go to great lengths to avoid this district.

Lilycrest City: A suburb of Havencross located south of the city. While the outskirts of the city are still somewhat rural, the growth of Havencross has caused a similar growth in Lilycrest.​

Gameplay will be spent between free sessions where the players live as normal high school students and freely work to solve minor issues in the Mirror World (some memories of SRAD victims are held in "bubbles" where larger shadows are unable to detect them, making them easy to gather and repair). Progress with the main plot is tracked by "Arcs". Arcs represent a large goal players work towards, such as recovery of memory fragments from a particularly well defended area of the Mirror world or significant events in the real world (Midterms, vacations, etc). Smaller events are managed by "Phases", which is a cue that certain actions need to be done, or announcing free time.​

tS0I6j7.png

Examples of a Phase would be instructions to "Have normal School time", "Explore Location X", or "Defeat Shadows X, Y, and Z".

Simply put, Phases are there to help guide the narrative and prevent stagnation by providing specific cues without delegating to a mission style system. Players are free to make their own choices in regards to how they approach the phase, but still have an objective.

Memory Fragments are held inside elaborate dungeons by powerful shadows and their lesser minions. Collecting these fragments involves not only finding where they are being held, but navigating the dungeon over time to actually finding them. Players will not be able to recover a major fragment with one exploration or combat, but it is a build up to recovery.​

Rules and General Persona Intro

So, aside from all the standard RPT rules and basic warnings I do have a few basics.

I will try and move on roughly every two weeks. There will most likely be exceptions to this (and if you need one just let me know), but this is to give people enough time to write as well as keep action moving forward. These first few phases may be a little short to capitalize on new RP enthusiasm as well as get right to the nitty-gritty of the plot.

Please try to avoid death by Joint Post. Joint posts are inevitable, but try not to kill your enthusiasm and progress by making everything a JP and being stuck in a stagnant project. JPs have their advantage, but for general interaction such as conversation, several short posts back and forth can be better than one long one, both for efficiency and activity.

Respect Common Decency. I don't expect this to come up, but I'll post it just in case. Persona deals often with heavy and sometimes dark issues. Traumatic situations and sexuality come up, but please don't make everyone uncomfortable.

As for what I actually look for in an SU, I focus largely on the following:

Creativity/Uniqueness: This doesn't mean having a super-special character with a wildly implausible life, I look for interesting characters. Even old tropes can be interesting with certain twists or unique applications.

Character Combinations: Uniqueness comes into play here as well. 5 isolated loners aren't interesting, diverse personalities and backgrounds make for more interesting interactions. I'm only accepting one person per Arcana (and a max 8 in total), as it also helps diversify the cast. If you do have a great idea that is somewhat similar to another sign up with a different arcana, don't worry. Not everyone is entirely unique, there are always similarities between people in a school.

Finally, Technical Skill plays a very small part. I'm not the best author, this OOC probably will show that. This just covers SUs I have trouble even reading. I am much more likely to accept a character I like and feel has great potential but some minor writing issues over a completely bland and generic character but the author writes with a golden quill.

As for the newcomers to the Persona series, welcome! I hope this can encourage you to try out this awesome series (I recommend 4 and 5. 3 is rough in the gameplay department, and I can't recommend 1 and 2 in good conscious since they are so dated, no matter how good 2 is story wise). I wanted to make some general tips for creating a character, and to clear up a few things on the coming SU. This RP will mostly follow the style of "Modern" Persona, which is 3 onwards. The plots of the games are entirely separate aside from a few nods to each other. Even major aspects of the world changes between game, such as how you summon the persona and the exact threat. What does stay largely the same are the basics: highschool, strange other world, and supernatural figures call Persona.

While this SU isn't a roleplaying scene, it takes place in a scene you'd see in each Modern game. You are going to experience your first encounter with the Velvet Room. This is an otherworldly place only those who have been invited to are allowed to enter. The residents of this room dabble in fate and power, and this is the primary place you would work with Personas outside of combat. For now this will just seem like an odd dream, but you will take a major first step here.

You need to sign your contract. This contract binds your character to the events going on as well as sets the seed for awakening your Persona. While you won't be able to summon your Persona immediately after signing the contract, it is necessary to enlist the help of the Velvet Room, begin gathering power, and ultimately take control of your own destiny.

I will continue to explain more about Persona as we reach relevant areas in the RP, but feel free to ask me any questions regarding it in relation to the RP.​

There is a sudden flash to blue as your eyes close, and you find yourself in a strange room. A library, it seems. Large shelves dominate the room, each lined with books as blue as the wallpaper and carpet. Strangely enough the books appear to be chained to the bookshelf itself, each with a massive, golden lock. It's almost as if speaking would break the tranquility of the room, but it's not as if this dream would let you speak anyways. At the left of the room is a lady whom you suspect to be the librarian. She appears to be slightly older than you with short, curly hair that is so blonde it almost appears white. She is dressed in a lady's suit colored blue, of course, and a pair of thick glasses. For a moment she seems surprised to see you, but only for a second before a look of familiarity crosses her face.

"I wasn't expecting you quite yet," she says, her voice soft but confidant, "but I guess I deal in all kinds of surprises. My name is Susan... ah, no need to speak, for I already know yours, dear guest. The master will be gone for quite some time, so it falls to me to guide you.

"One of these diaries should have your name on the spine."
She motions to the closest shelf. "The lock will come undone for you. Inside is a copy of your story; memories dear and painful are contained in the pages inside. Don't worry, the book wouldn't open for me even if I tried. Most importantly, however, the first page contains the contract. Just agree to the terms and we can get started."

Sure enough one of the diaries on the middle shelf has your name engraved into the spine. The lock clicks open and falls away as soon as you reach for it, leaving the book free from the chain and with no sign it was ever locked away. The pages seem well worn from the outside, as if someone has cherished it and read it often. The cover opens by itself, taking you to the first page, the contract.

(SIgn Up. Note that this doesn't have to actually be written in character.)
Name:
Date of Birth: (This RP takes place in 2029, age limit is 16-18)
Grade and Class: (Generally 16 = 10, 17 = 11, 18 = 12 without being moved up or being held back. All students are in class B of their respective year)
Tell Me About Yourself: (Personality)
How can I identify you: (appearance)
What is your history: (history)
Who is your most precious person?:
Is it better to have had something and had it taken away or not to have had it at all?

I swear that the past is unchangeable and I will do all in my power to remember:
x____________________.

(The rest of the SU is not contained within the contract, but is necessary for the SU)

Persona: (remember, the most common ones are Deities, mythological beasts and heroes, and real world people with a certain mysticism about them. For canon ones (which are allowed) just googling Persona 3, 4, or 5 and "Persona List" will bring up the SMT wiki with a list of canon personas per game and their arcana).

Arcana: (from the list above)

Persona description: (what your persona looks like. Remember most human and humanoid personas will tower above the average person. Beasts will vary in size. Personas don't have much of a personality, since they are extensions of you).

Persona Types: (two from the list above).

Anchor to the Past: (This is your character's most important memory, and fuels the Persona summoning. This memory has greatly shaped your character in some way or another. Both trauma and profound joy shape us in special ways, and even events that seem unimportant at the time may cause great ripples in our lives.)

As soon as you sign your name, the book vanishes into thin air.

"Surprised? Don't worry, it's not gone forever. It'll reappear when you need it. Now, unfortunately we're short on time. As much as I'd love for us to continue on, there are still things you need to do to set the stage for our next encounter. Don't worry, you'll see me again soon."

And just like that you slipped back into sleep, as if nothing here was real.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
(I have probably done something wrong or have fucked something up, please, let me know!)

Name: Rodger Herberts
Date of Birth: 18 years old, 10 October 20??
Grade and Class: 12, class b.
Tell Me About Yourself: Rodger is one of those 'i'm better than you' types. He thinks himself way better than other people, and talks in an 'eccentric' way. He thinks of himself as some asian hero, hence his appearance. He has one very big weakness however, which is cute animals. He has 4 hamsters that he keeps with him at all times, and calls them his '4 dark devas of destruction.' This love comes from when he was a child and receiving a gift rabbit for his 6th birthday. He cared for it everyday, until it died. He has had several pets over the years, but his current one are the 4 hamsters, they are called Melvin, Keith, Corina and Davida. His eccentricness is especially in the way he speaks. He constantly calls other people 'mortals' and his hamsters 'Dark Devas of Destruction.' He thinks he can do anything with his pets, which people take advantage of. He also likes to make strange handgestures. He really thinks he is a Japanese Action hero.
How can I identify you: Rodger dresses himself like a Japanese hero. He also has his Hamsters with him at all times. He wears a scarf around his neck for added effect. He also has a scar over one of his eyes, caused by a childhood event.
301.png

What is your history: Gundham always loved watching action-hero shows. It doesn't matter what kind, all of them will do. Since he got bullied at school, he didn't play outside with other kids much. Instead, he spent all the time behind the tv or with his pets. This led to him acting like a superhero who thinks he is superior to others. He also gained a real weakness to animals, who he basically treats as his sidekick. He still lives with his parents. They have gotten used to his behaviour, but still think they should help him to get along with other people more. One of the more serious moments bullying has gone wrong is when an older boy slashed his face with a pencil, causing him to always go blind. The doctors nearly saved him, but a scar was left over that he will never get away from. He remembers this moment well, and he would rather not talk about his past, seeing as it is a tough subject for him. His parents have tried various things to improve his social skills. They once went to a psychiatrist with him, but the psyciatrist didn't help at all. Instead, she made things much worse. Rodger began to think his parents didn't like him the way he was. That they didn't accept his hobbies. This made Rodger go off to his own world more, ignoring all the serious problems the world really has, and just doing what he wants.
Who is your most precious person?: His 4 dark devas of destruction (His hamsters), or if that doesn't work, his mother.
Is it better to have had something and had it taken away or not to have had it at all?:
Have it and have it taken away.
I swear that the past is unchangeable and I will do all in my power to remember:
What I need to do to make my animals the happiest they can be!

Persona: King Frost.
latest.png

Arcana: The Emperor.
latest.png

Persona description: Big, white, crowned, robed, everything you would expect of a king that reigns above all people!

Persona Types: Ice, support.

Anchor to the Past: Rodger's first pet rabbit dying made a huge impact on him, as he began to doubt his ability to raise animals. He remembers being devistated about his loss for days, until he decided to raise more animals. Rodger can't be easily defeated!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

fTDvinv.jpg

Claire Auron / 16 Years Old / 10-B

Date Of Birth​

August 8, 2013​

"How can I identify you?"

"What...? Is there something wrong with your own eyes? Well, whatever. I'm about 5'0" tall... and don't you even think about cracking any short jokes, either. I like to keep myself trim, something that I guess I can thank to my gymnastics classes. My hair is obviously brown. I've tried the short look before, but I've always liked it better nice and long, usually keeping it to just the middle of my back. Any longer and I have to get it a quick trim, otherwise it will just get in the way. My grandmother tells me I have my mother's eyes, but I've never really seen her so I couldn't say for sure.

As for clothes, I usually just go for whatever's comfortable. I do like to wear skirts, be they cotton or denim, pleated or otherwise. I usually mix and match the style accordingly, wearing tank tops and t-shirts when casual or wearing blouses and collared shirts when the affair calls for more formal attire. I guess if you really wanted to you could call this a weird tick of sorts. I have two things that I always find myself wearing no matter what. The first is jacket. There's no real reason to this one. It's comfortable and helps if it gets chilly, and if it's too warm for it, I'll just tie it around my waste. Simple as that. As for the other item I can't go without. That's the necklace from my grandfather. It means a lot to me... not that any of this is your business, though."

"Tell me about yourself..."

"That's... pretty demanding, really. I don't see why you need to know so much about me... I'm a pretty studious and down to earth sort of girl, you could say. I was raised that way, making sure to always put my academic-related activities and goals before those related to personal pleasure or play. I was taught from an early age that if anything is truly worth having, you need to be ready to bust your butt to actually achieve it. As a result, I always make sure to spend plenty of time studying to guarantee that I pass any exam or test that comes my way. Of course, I don't just sit around with my face in a book every chance I get. I'm also an active member on the school's gymnastic team. It's a good source of exercise and it serves as a pretty good reliever when I need a break from studying. Outside of gymnastics and schoolwork, I do have an interest in dogs. They're so friendly and cute. I kind of wish grandmother would let me have a puppy, but she always refuses when I ask...

Of course, I have friends. Stop giving me that stupid look like I'm sort of overworked loner. There's a group of girls I do hang out with a lot, usually on the weekend when things aren't as hectic or busy. They describe me as a bit assertive, and that I'm one to never really hold back. They tell me I'm not afraid to speak my mind and let someone know just what I'm thinking... But can you believe that? I'm pretty reserved, I thought... but whatever. It's not like it matters what you think of me, anyways. Now bring on the next question you obviously have, creeper."

"What is your history...?"

"What business is it of yours? We just met... I don't even know your name! Oh, stop giving me that look... Fine...

I moved to Havencross when I was about five or six years old. I used to live in Salem, a small city located in Virginia, with my mother. As best as I can remember, it was always just the two of us when I lived there. I never really knew who my father was. I never saw him and to the best of my memory, mom never talked about him anyways. If I was to be so bold, I guess that he either abandoned her shortly after I was born or I was the result of a... one night stand. Not that it matters, though. It never really bothered me that I didn't have a father then and it doesn't now.

Anyway, from what I can remember we never really had a lot of money back then. Mom worked at a local super market, often pulling double shifts to make ends meet. I didn't really have to stay on my own for that. I was barely tall enough to reach the bathroom sink on my own without a booster step, after all. I usually found myself staying over at the neighbor's house back then. I don't really remember too much about all that, though. I thought we were happy, despite how stressful life was for my mom. I now know that there was more going on behind the scenes. Mom... she was suffering from extreme depression. I was too young to know all the details about it... too young to help. In the end, she ended up taking her own life and next thing I knew, I was alone.

I didn't know what I was supposed to do or what was going to happen to me. I thought at first that maybe the lady who used to watch me next door was going to take me in, but that was quickly ruled out. She and her husband had three kids of their own to take care of after all. I remember there being talks about foster care. At the time I really didn't know what all that entailed, but at the end of the day I'm glad that really didn't work out. I've heard some pretty nasty stories about the whole thing, after all. In the end, the social workers managed to contact my grandparents, Richard and Beverly Auron.

I had never really had many encounters and interactions with them before. I had seen them once or twice, usually around the holidays or on my birthday, so I wouldn't exactly say I was thrilled or excited to suddenly find myself living with them. They weren't outright strangers to me, but I wouldn't exactly say we were much more than acquaintances. Regardless, I soon found myself being shipped off to the city of Havencross, North Carolina... and with it, an entirely different way of life as well.

My grandparents... life with them was much more structured and grounded. For starters, they were both fairly wealthy. My grandfather made his living as an attorney early in life and was responsible for running his own law firm when I moved in. As for my grandmother, she made her living working as a pediatrician at a local hospital. One would have probably expected the duo to spoil me. After all, they were my grandparents. However, it was the exact opposite that happened. Both of them went above and beyond, treating me was if I was their own daughter. There were rules and expectations. There were curfews and punishments. Sure, we bumped heads at times, but... I respect them and I'm thankful for all they did and how they pushed me. Don't get me wrong, I respect my mother for having raised me for those first few years. But I shudder to think where my life may have been right now if things would have continued back in Salem as opposed to where I am now."

"Who is your most precious person?"

"Is it okay to have more than one? Well, I will do so anyways. My most precious people are my grandparents. They saved me when I was young, gave me a second chance at life, and I intend to show them how much I appreciate their efforts."

"Is it better to have had something and had it taken away or not to have had it at all?"

"...This is pretty philosophical compared to your last questions. Did something happen between then and now? Well, whatever... I think it's better to have had and lost, honestly. Like I said, I love my mother from what I can remember about her and now that I know that she committed suicide, it still hurts a bit to think about. But having lost her gave me this chance at a better life... I think I'm better for it."

Arcana​

Kdtgp43.png

Lovers

Persona​

lJdFRed.jpg

Ishtar

Persona Type​

Healing And Electric

Anchor To The Past​

"You're really nosy, aren't you? As if you couldn't tell by this point, it's my grandfather. Don't get me wrong, both my grandparents are great! But the way he truly stepped up to more or less be my father..."

I swear that the past is unchangeable and I will do all in my power to remember: XClaire Auron

Last edited:

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Name: Kiro Irakuza
Date of Birth: 3/1/2013
Grade and Class: 10

Tell Me About Yourself: A kid constantly looking for enjoyment in a world he sees miserable and boring, often dissatisfied with his normal life. Though of a relaxed nature, Kiro isn't exactly nice when it comes to social interaction, not directly mean, just... uncaring. Generally apathetic and insensitive, occasionally teasing for his own amusement, sometimes outright annoying acquaintances for their reactions and often warming up to those who decide to just 'deal with it.' Occasionally when his apathy peaks, he will retreat into a state where he becomes as minimally social as possible. Responding with only the slightest of gestures and fewest of words or simply ignoring everything around him. His selfish and self-centered nature stops him from helping others, often avoiding the situation entirely. It's the same with his few friends, helping them is often too much of a bother, especially when it doesn't involve him.

If he manages to start having fun, you'll find that he's very much like a child, cheerful and rash, never wanting to stop and charging head first into the activity with unparalleled energy, wishing it would last forever. Unfortunately, whenever he manages a mere taste of this pure joy, something eventually kicks him back to where he began; however, it is this taste that keeps him coming back. This seemingly endless cycle of disappointment in his fruitless pursuit of eternal happiness, is like an addict chasing a high that can never truly be achieved; each time the cycle repeats, it only drags him deeper into the pit of dispair that he keeps trying to escape. Due to the nature of his pursuit, particularly enjoyable moments are hard to come by for Kiro, and when taken away by someone, or angered enough because of another's actions, he makes use of a side of himself that he hides within his bottled up feelings and turns quite fiendish as he bottles those feelings up and unleashs them anonymously, secretly causing misfortune for the person he feels responsible, as long as it won't be detrimental to himself, and reveling in the sweet taste of merciless revenge. As a result, all of this leaves him a jaded or bitter pessimist when his emotions mellow out.

Usually good at something if he puts his mind to it. Effortlessly aces his schoolwork, if he bothers to put in the effort to do it that is, as he finds it excruciatingly boring. He often reveals his true colors when playing video games. This escape method introduced him to his knack with technology, occasionally making mods to both software and the hardware containing it. He happens to enjoy anime and manga when he feels inclined to partake in them. His inate cleverness, combined with his intuition, also comes with an affinity for jokes, puns, references, and the like, especially when he's having fun which is as useless as it is annoying, however entertaining he finds it to be.

How can I identify you: Darkish skinned and 5 feet 10 inches tall. With a young looking face, and fragile body that's light on muscle, he has straightened super dark red hair that appears as a nearly black, very dark brown that is just like his eyes. There's also a streak of dark red dye in front that drapes slightly over his left eye. Kiro is generally seen wearing black or dark colors. Normally jeans any shirt and his favorite black designer hoodie, as he feels most comfortable wearing it, and even when he's not, he still almost always wears a hoodie and jeans.

What is your history: Kiro was happy and sociable during his rather uneventful childhood until reaching his anchor. Afterwards he seemed to quickly lose all of his positivity enthusiasm and began slogging through the rest of school with minimal effort and social interaction with his only motivation being his own happiness. Despite this, he was accepted into the St. Dominic via scholarship due to his excellent test scores and moved to Havencross against his will with his mother over the summer. He has spent his time in Havencross emotionally jaded whilst trying his hardest to avoid interacting with others and has nearly lost his voice as a result.

Who is your most precious person?: Himself
Is it better to have had something and had it taken away or not to have had it at all?: Depends on what it is and how attached you get to it.

x
The joy and ignorance of his childhood before he accepted reality.

Persona: Magatsu-Izanagi

Arcana: Devil-XV (oh Hunger, how I wish I could use you... I can still make this work)

Persona Types: Physical and Almighty

Anchor to the Past: The day he lost the innocence of childhood and realized the world's myriad of problems.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
This is a WIP, hoping to finish ASAP!

*Misty Washington*

Silk hiding steel, grace under fire

8b98cca5cb55b28ba390063ba2a78701.jpg

Date of Birth: September 10th 2012

Grade and Class: 17 years old as of September 10th, in grade 11

Tell Me About Yourself:

If someone brought homemade cookies or bruschetta to the student council meeting, it was almost certainly Misty. She'd also remember that the treasurer was diabetic, and bring him an appropriate snack as well. When it comes to details she deems significant, the curly-haired teen has a pretty sharp memory, especially if it concerns other people. Although Misty isn't a total extrovert, the well-being of those around her is important, and she does actively try to improve things for her peers. This is what lead her to run for student council, actions do speak louder then words, after all. Power is a privilege, and should be exerted to best serve those under your wing, Misty believes. As such, she takes very poorly to those who abuse their authority, which can trigger dormant feels of rebellion.

Overall, this Afro-American teen is pretty feminine and enjoys several domestic activities such as sewing, crocheting, and cooking. Cleaning is less of strong suit, however, and Misty has been know to have messy lockers, desks, and personal spaces. Despite this, she does have a few ticks which involving things being in proper order, such as picture frames being straight. And yes, bugs do kind of freak her out, though it's big dogs that she's really afraid of. Although she's made progress on this front, they still make her quite uncomfortable. Despite typically being calm under fire should she suspect a big dog might be readying to attack her, Misty will flip out.

The normal way the girl handles demanding situations is by pushing her fears to the side and charging in, fixing the problem, or getting the unpleasant thing finished is the primary focus. She'll also be the one comforting others and giving words of encouragement if appropriate. However, this does quickly deplete her energy reserves, and her emotions usually come out once the event is past. This has lead to more then a few occasions where she's been found crying into her pillow following a tough day, or writing angry comics after experiencing discrimination. And yes, discrimination is another trigger of hers, most notably racism and sexism. Animal abuse is also an issue she feels strongly about, and has a soft spot for cats, bunnies, and small dogs.

It usually does take a fair bit for Misty to get truly upset with another person, especially if they're close to her. However, should someone land in her bad books, this girl can get rather scary. She'll very rarely erupt like a volcano, rather, her rage is more of a cold, tranquil fury…

How can I identify you: I'm told my grey eyes inspired my name...

The first thing many people remark about Misty is her bushy hair, which she jokes has a mind of its own. These locks are usually left natural and loose, though she will straighten them on rare occasions. In terms of length, her darkest brown hair reaches a little below her shoulder blades when curled. Misty's bangs are most often clipped leftward, avoiding her slate grey eyes altogether. Her face is usually only lightly made up, and the teenage girl usually chooses natural shades for her cosmetics. Don't expect to see her all dolled up, however, unless there's a fancy event she needs to attend.

Clothing-wise, Misty likes what she considers "feminine" and finds herself pairing ruffled dresses and skirts with tights. When the weather is cooler, she will add a cardigan or blazer to her outfits, but opts for a woolly double-breasted skirted peacoat should the temperatures dip too low. On the other hand, during the hot summer months, Misty doesn't add the tights to her ensemble, but does wear biker shorts under her dresses. It's not hard to see that this girl clothes herself rather modestly, which she picked up from her Nan. As for footwear, Misty tends to wear comfortable flats, but also owns a pair of black rider boots which she wears on autumn and winter days.

The curly haired girl almost always carries her purse, which is dark blue and faux suede. On the zipper, one will find a keychain of an orange cat, which looks a little used. Her other distinctive accessory is a faux white rose barrette, which she almost always wearing on the right of her head.

It is also worth noting that Misty has begun experimenting with simple Lolita styles as she enjoys the aesthetic. Her focus is currently on country and Gothic, and does sometimes wear the former on a casual day.

What is your history: I've always lived in Havencross with my mother, though things were quite different when I was little...

Although her parents were engaged at the time of her birth, Misty has no memory of her father. She never learned the whole story, but was told that her father was growing increasingly controlling and possessive of his fiancé. The situation came to end after an "incident", which was bad enough for her mother to break the engagement and the relationship entirely.

Being a single black mother with without a degree is not an enviable position, but unlike many others in her circumstance, was able to get familial support. For most of Misty's life, she lived with her Nan; a feisty but traditional woman. Although money was often pretty tight, the young girl didn't go hungry, and learned to use her imagination to keep herself entertained. Once she was old enough, Misty started creating small comics of her stories, sharing them with her kitten, Daisy.

Daisy was a stray kitten that Misty discovered one day, after having started the first grade. The idea of leaving him alone and hungry was unimaginable, and she fought hard to keep him. Noting that she was responsible with her library books and never forgot her lunch, Misty's mother and Nan agreed to let Daisy stay. He quickly became a huge part of the girl's life, and despite her constant doting, the feline reciprocated the attachment.

It was about at this time that her Nan started teaching Misty how to cook and sew. She was a traditional woman, and teaching her granddaughter "the essentials" was quite important to matriarch. Though she was a tough teacher, she was also fair, and earning her praise was always an achievement. Eventually, Misty got good enough to make meals for herself and others, which lead her to making her mother lunches every morning.

It a humble life, but a good one considering her circumstances. However, things took a turn for the worse when Misty reached the third grade; her mother was arrested for having tried to break up a fight. She was suspected of having taken part in the brawl, as a witness had misidentified the situation. The judge wasn't too sympathetic and issued her a notably high bail, one that couldn't be met.

Misty's first brush with injustice was painful, which was only made worse when the witness admitted he only deemed her mother guilty because she was black and that "those people can't stay out of trouble". Needless to say, she was found innocent, but the situation had taken its toll on the family. Yet, her mother was able to sue the "witness" for a little money, which she used to go back to school and finish her degree.

Interestingly enough, a neglectful dog owner allowed his animal to roam, and it attacked Misty on her way home from school one afternoon. Despite his big mutt having mauled her rather aggressively, he was given a slap on the wrist. Misty's Nan believes this was a race issue, although her mother was quick to dismiss the notion…

Despite what life through at her, the woman was able to finish her degree and land a good job as a nurse. It was during one of her shifts that she treated a certain Justin White, a civil engineer who had been hurt on the job. They quickly became friends, and then began dating, which Misty didn't appreciate. However, with time, she began warming up to Dr. White (it was the first time she'd heard of non-medical doctor), and was won over by his terrible puns and nerdy jokes. A year later, when they announced their engagement, Misty was fully approving of the relationship.

Continuing middle school in Doc White's neighbourhood proved challenging; the girl was one of the few black kids around, and the only one not born into money. At first, Misty tried to change herself in order to fit in, but that only caused her more discontentment. Getting past this hurdle was a long journey, and the girl will rarely being these times up when talking about herself.

By high school, with the help of her family and step-sister, Misty was feeling much better. Although she was far from popular, the ninth grader was fairly well liked (who can hate the kid that shares homemade cookies on a regular basis?). Her Nan's influence is starting to show, and the teenager is becoming quite maternal in her approach. She even got elected student council secretary, and things were going along smoothly...

That is until her father came around. Meeting him was a very emotional ordeal, though it ended fairly pleasantly and stayed that way for several months. Her mother remained weary, and insisted they always connect in public spaces. The first time Misty insisted on visiting his house happened to be the last, her father's stepson tried to assault her. When she fought back, the blame was put on her and she was kicked to the curb, so to speak. Misty's mother threatened to sue, and not long after, Daisy was found dead. Although there is no proof tying her father or step-brother to the incident, her mother suspects that they were likely responsible. The situation was enough for Doc White to support moving, which they did. He had earned a promotion, so they could afford to live in a gated community anyway, as well as send her to private school. They were NOT taking any chances...

Who is your most precious person?: My mother, who has always guided me with the best of her ability. However, I must mention my Nan as well, I owe her so much...

Is it better to have had something and had it taken away or not to have had it at all? Losing my beloved cat, Daisy, was one of the most painful experiences of my life. However, the joy he brought me all those years override the sadness, I could never wish it away. I cannot imagine never having had him, and that is how I feel about most things.

x_Misty W._

Persona

Spoiler:

Hatshepsut - Empress

Persona Types: (two from the list above): Wind + Healing

Anchor to the Past: The swell of positive emotion she felt when her mother allowed Daisy to stay, and the heartbreak of losing him in such a senseless way.

Last edited:

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Name: Arden Trane
Date of Birth: April 13, 2012 (17)
Grade and Class: 11th Grade
Tell Me About Yourself: Arden doesn't talk much, and he never trusts anyone. He enjoys spending time alone and in the dark. He treats people rudely and doesn't care about them.
How can I identify you: Arden has spiky, dark blue hair, grey eyes, and a wolf head tattoo on his back. He is generally seen wearing an unzipped black hoodie and baggy-ish pants.
What is your history: Arden was orphaned at the age of 13, and soon after his parents were murdered, he went to live with his rich aunt and uncle. He grew up feeling out of place, being someone who was raised in poverty amongst the wealthier. His uncle thought it would do Arden some good to send him to school. Arden reluctantly agreed and ended up at St. Dominic High School.
Who is your most precious person?: Himself
xArden Trane.

Persona: Werewolf
Arcana: Moon
Persona description: Tall werewolf with silver-blue fur, long fangs and claws. Piercing blue eyes and a scar over the left eye.
Persona Types: Cursed, Physical
Anchor to the Past: Murder of his parents

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Making it prettier later.

Valeria Kylsey

I3ZQe0B.png

Date of Birth: October 3rd, 2013 (16)

Grade and Class: 10 B

Tell Me About Yourself: To an outsider Valeria seems like a model student. Kind, attentive, gets good grades, drums for the school jazz band, only flaw is she seems a bit quiet. Truth be told she is a firecracker of energy just waiting to go off. Nothing she does is half-assed, she is ready to throw herself into a particular task 100% at any given moment. People who pull her into a topic she's interested in suddenly find the quiet, studious girl is now speaking a million words a minute and has no sign of letting up. Her philosophy is simple, it should be larger, louder, faster, and generally more chaotic, no matter what it is. Because of this she often feels frustrated by the urge to engage in good old fashioned teenage rebellion, but lacks any reason or purpose to do so whatsoever. Despite this desire, she does know when to hold back and engage in calmer topics, even if she does get carried away from time to time.

Most of the predicaments she ends up with are her own doing, spurred on by energy, desire, and half-baked ideas. While promises to her parents keep her from acting out the dumber desires in school, she has gotten in trouble for bad habits of urban exploration, improvised drum concerts downtown, and reckless bike racing (even against herself, and of course she wonders why her parents fear her driving).

She is brash in her decisions, and stubbornly stick to her own opinion. While her heart is often in the right place, her fervor is more often off putting than not.

How can I identify you: Pale, freckled, and smaller in statue, it is easy to see her as meeker than she actually is. Her glasses don't help to dissuade this appearance either. Her hair is dark, but dyed red towards her face, being one of the few methods of self-expression allowed by the school and monetary restrictions preventing her from piercing and tattoos. Out of school is also a fan of band shirts of all kinds of genre and plain jeans, preferring them over most other styles.

What is your history: Valeria's grandfather managed to sneak his way across the Iron Curtain in his 20's with his pregnant wife in 1975, landing in America just in time for the birth of their son. Working in construction for many years, Grandpa Jozef had finally pinched enough pennies to open his own construction company with his son Artur. Once the business began flourishing it opened the door for Artur to finally go off the college and study to make the family business succeed. Eventually he married a girl he met there and had their first child, Justin (legally Justyn).

Kylsey and Son continued to expand and boom under Artur's guidance, while he began to raise Justin as his successor. A sudden surprise arrived when Justin was 9, as he gained a new sister, Valeria. The next few years were fine, until Justin became a teenager and began to act out against his parents. No matter how strict they became, they could not reel him in, and Valeria grew up seeing her father all but resent his son for all the problems he caused. Things came to a head when Justin ran away as soon as he came of age, leaving to fulfill his dream of leading a band. Her father wrote his son off as a failure, and swore his daughter would not also be a failure.

Valeria was raised with more leniency than her brother, but in a way the expectations on her were higher. She proved to be a hard working kid from a young age, much to the relief of her father. However, the same seed of rebellion emerged in her teenage years, and Valeria began to seek out her estranged brother. Her brother nurtured her rebellious side, but urged her not to cut all ties like he had. Now Valeria lies caught between doing the smart thing and following her parents, or going with her desires to break free and live.

Who is your most precious person?: My Older Brother.

Is it better to have had something and had it taken away or not to have had it at all?
The pain of what was once had is much worse than never knowing.

x_Valeria Kylsey___.

Uncta

5EoXJ2R.png

Arcana
oXu9Bvy.png

Hanged Man
The Kind Thief of the Sun's Flames (Choctaw)

Persona description: A woman with bronze skin wearing a shawl that extends into a web-like pattern. The shawl holds itself up, floating ethereally. Her eyes flicker like a burning flame. She holds a Dream-catcher in one hand and a small flame in the other.

Persona Types: Fire and Psi

Anchor to the Past: During a particularly tough Finals season, Valeria starting to come apart at the seams under the pressure to succeed. Her brother, seeing her frayed mental state, got in contact with his friend who ran a business picking up and recycling junk. Together the two had an entire afternoon of breaking the various electronics, furniture, and other scrap in increasingly creative ways.

Last edited:

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
Slowly realizing over the past week that I'm probably not going to have time for this :( Have fun everybody!

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years

ObRK0Mv.png

Joshua Rivers

Date of Birth: February 10th, 2012

Grade and Class: Grade 11, Class B

Tell me about yourself: "I've been told that I'm rude very often. Honestly, I don't see why."

Joshua has been told that he's "arrogant", "stuck up", and even "condescending" by plenty of his peers and even his family. Their thoughts are not without merit: Joshua tends to believe that everything is obvious. Questions from others are often met with sarcasm, or if he feels you are bothering him too much, he will just ignore your questions. This behavior extends to everyone—from friends, to family, to peers, and everyone in between. If confronted about his behavior, he will deny it, saying that he is not arrogant. Because of this, his reputation consists of him being a jerk.

Joshua genuinely does not mean to be as snide as he is, though. One thing he will agree with others on is the fact that he's pessimistic, as that he believes anything that can go wrong will go wrong—although he prefers "realist". He is quite serious to the point of being gullible sometimes, and will take most jokes at heart instead of seeing them for what they are—a joke. The result is that when someone responds to a jeer from Joshua, he is quite offended by it. Towards those he cares for, underneath his exterior lies a caring and perhaps even overprotective being. Joshua is also extremely apologetic, often apologizing for things he had no part in causing.

Joshua's reason for being the sarcastic and snide teenager he shows everyone instead of the worrywart he really is lies in his self-esteem and insecurity: if he doesn't show anyone his true self, then he cannot be taken advantage of. As having seen and experienced what being a "nice" person brings you, Joshua refuses to invite that kind of trouble to him.

Joshua's hobbies include hiking, which he uses to say that he stays fit, reading, and, of course, video games. He also spends a lot of time connected to the internet, as he has made quite a few friends on the internet. He wouldn't use the adjective "nerd" to describe himself despite those two hobbies, though. Even though accomplishing schoolwork comes quite easily to him, he finds it to be a chore, so he often finds himself procrastinating until the last minute.

How I can identify you: "I'm pretty tall. Although, for the longest time, it sure was looking like it wasn't going to turn out that way. I'm also my eyes remind people of the ocean."

Joshua is light brown in color and standing at 6 feet even, with curly brown hair that reaches to his neck. He has a slightly muscular build from spending his time hiking mountains. His eyes are a striking blue that's comparable to the ocean's tone. For clothing, Joshua prefers blue and black as colors, and, depending on the weather, can usually be seen wearing a plaid button-down shirt and jeans. He almost always wears a watch on his left wrist.

What is your history: "I've seen some things that no kid should ever have to see..."

Joshua is a native of Portland, Oregon, and is not originally from Havencross. The first memories of his life that he can recall were seemingly peaceful ones. However, when he was four, his parents could not reconcile their differences—Joshua's mom did not want to be the "stay-at-home mom", but his father disagreed--and got a divorce, with Joshua's dad, a lawyer, moving across the country and leaving Joshua and his mom, a medical school student, behind. Despite her original wishes, Joshua's mom shelved her dreams of becoming a doctor temporarily to focus on Joshua. The two traded the two story house they lived in with Joshua's father for an apartment on the other side of Portland.

The next few years after that was a juggle between school life with his mother and visiting his father occasionally. Joshua's mom often worked long hours all week, leaving Joshua to take care of himself. The boy's mother made sure that he kept up with his school work, and when the weekend came, she dedicated all of her time to him, occasionally taking him hiking in the nearby mountains that surround Portland. Not all of the time (or money) could be dedicated to taking trips though, so often the boy and his mom found themselves going to the library or exploring the city. He was also encouraged to get involved in after school clubs, or a sport, but Joshua didn't care for those. He focused on keeping excellent grades in school and then heading straight home. Deep down he understood the situation that they were in—Joshua's mom moved with his father from her home state of Michigan to Portland when she was pregnant with her—but what he wished for was more time with anyone, especially his mom.

Despite their divorce, Joshua's mom and father remained on quite good terms. Joshua came to associate "sumertime" with "Father time", where for two months, he lived with his father on the other side of the United States. The boy looked up to his father—a quiet, calculating man who seemed to know everything. Summer time with his father were much more exciting than the other seasons with his mother, and sometimes, he wished he could stay there with him. But, in a flash, it was August and once again Joshua would have to return to being alone at home until evenings when his mom came home from work.

By middle school, Joshua's mother was able to return to medical school. Joshua himself continued to press on with his school work. For reasons unknown, his father stopped seeing him every summer—a sentiment that he did not appreciate. Attempts to divulge information from the lawyer ended in frustration. The boy's mother tried her best to keep her son's mind focused where it needed to be as good grades would later be key to being successful; however, the rude remarks she made in private towards friends or family on the phone about his father revealed that she shared the same frustration. In his frustration, and perhaps under his mother's guidance, Joshua took on a snarky attitude towards most. This abrasiveness warded off people like the way a shell protects a hermit crab's soft insides from predators.

Around the seventh grade, Joshua's mom began dating she met while working. Suddenly when his mother came home in the evenings she was with someone else now, which was quite an unusual situation for the young teen. The man seemed decent enough and thought nothing about it as the three started to go on hikes and the like together. However, the man's facade was soon shed, with only Joshua noticing the signs of it. The man was quite charming and cunning, leaving Joshua's mom completely oblivious. The boy tried to warn his mom about his suspicions that perhaps her boyfriend is not what she thinks she is, but this was met with harsh remarks. Soon, the man became physically and emotionally abusive towards the woman. The feelings of hopelessness he felt from not being able to do anything to help his mom and the exasperation that Joshua's mother did not listen to him welled inside him like a geyser. The next two years is when he realized when he realized people will mistake your kindness for weakness and take advantage of it. It was quite a struggle for Joshua to maintain his grades, but no matter how hurt outside and inside his mother was, she would continue to push him to success.

At the start of the ninth grade, the man was finally arrested. Joshua and his mother were finally released from the oppressive shackles the mother's boyfriend had opposed upon them. However, the damage had already been done. Joshua had become an incredibly sarcastic person, to the point where some were a little intimidated by his attitude. To the ones he cared about though, he became quite overprotective, perhaps to the point of being slightly overbearing, asking whenever his mother was leaving what her destination was. It was around this time he began slacking in school as well, which--while it was to his mother's dismay--it did not surprise her either. Halfway through the school year he also learned that his father had remarried and moved to Havencross. He was also informed that he now had two stepsiblings, which greatly pleased him, as he had always wished for another sibling or two. Despite finally communicating with Joshua, his father continued to disallow visits to him during the summer.

At the end of tenth grade, Joshua's mother (who was finishing up medical school) told him that he would depart from his life in Portland to go live with his father in Havencross. Joshua's immediate answer to this was no; how could he leave his mother and friends behind? The woman did not give her son a choice, though, accurately predicting his answer. He will go to live with his father in Havencross for a while, and that's that. Soon the sixteen year old was on board an airplane en route to Havencross. In Havencross, Joshua would have to become accustomed to a new life with his father, stepmom, and stepsiblings, as well as attending the newly opened St. Dominic High School, courtesy of his father's wealth...

Who is your most precious person?: "I have a small bit of resentment towards my mother because of her ignorance, but at the same time, I can't help but care for her. I look up to my father too, but part of me feels like he ignored me when I needed him most."

Is it better to have had something and had it taken away or not to have had it at all?: "Even if you lose something, the experiences and memories you have of it can never be taken away. If you didn't have it at all, you would have never had those experiences, you know? ...I know, it's kind of pretentious sounding, sorry..."

x Joshua Rivers

VQBTuew.jpg

Persona: Morpheus

Arcana:
su6u1DV.png

Temperance (XIV)

The greek god of dreams has taken on a mythical appearance, draped in a bluish-purple shaman's robe with red frills, with a light blue halo hovering around its head. The "legs" and "arms" aren't actually part of the god of dreams—only the blue, wispy spirit "wearing" the robe is Morpheus.

Persona types: Ice/Debuff

Anchor to the Past: The hardship and feelings of hopelessness Joshua endured in his early teens as he could only watch a situation that he could not change unfold.

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Benjamin Paige
FJ53sIU.png

Date of Birth: September 7th, 2012

Grade and Class: Grade 11, Class B

Personality: Hardworking and headstrong, Benjamin goes about his life in a driven fashion. He doesn't take shortcuts in anything, and prefers to take some bumps and bruises if it means a better outcome in the end. This applies most directly to him when he's on the field, as his practice regimen is one he never cheats or skips, but it also pertains to all parts of his life. While the young man isn't the best in the classroom and soccer takes up most of the time that he should be studying, he always does his own work, even if it means he's spending three hours with his tutor trying to go over one problem. Around the house, he does all the housework and then some without a word, to help support his single mother. Ben is respectful to those in a position that demands his respect, and he tries to keep a courteous attitude to strangers.

On the other side of things, he has quite the temper, gaining him a kind of notoriety to those at Saint Dominic who have heard his name. A pass off its course, or a missed shot from a teammate, usually garners a glare or might even get them berated by the star player. Even seemingly small annoyances can set him off. Due to his reputation, many of his peers steer clear of the eternally angry young man, which has led to his circle of friends being quite small. Also, Ben's drive to achieve his goals isn't always necessarily a good thing, as his sole focus on doing so takes over his entire life. Anything that gets in the way of his ambitions, gets torn to shreds, including friends, relationships, and the occasional piece of homework.

Appearance: Standing at six-foot-four, Ben stands at least a couple inches over most of his peers. He's built up quite a bit of muscle on himself from years of training and his physique is in peak shape. He's built up quite a bit of muscle on himself from all the time that he spends in the sun, but true to his British heritage, the young man's complexion is as pale as ever. He likes keeping his shaggy blonde hair rather long, letting it grow out to the back of his neck, but he often ties it back when partaking in physical activities. Putting all his features together, he basically looks like the typical jock that one would see in high school.

As far as style goes, he is rather plain. Ben's closet is basically lined up with various numbers of long sleeve henleys, flannel shirts, and sports related t-shirts. When going out, his favorite outfit to wear is a gray henley, with a red and black checkered flannel on top, paired with some faded blue jeans and some boots to finish off the outfit.

History: Born in Doncaster, England, Benjamin came out the womb kicking, a precursor to what would become of his life. His father was a struggling footballer, playing for the Doncaster Rovers of the EFL League Two, the lowest division in professional British football. Addison Paige had been hailed as one of the brightest young stars in Europe, even spending some time on the youth teams of prestigious clubs such as Arsenal and Chelsea. However, after a series of injuries and disappointments, he was known as a bust and was relegated to playing for teams in Britain's lowest division.

Ben took after his father from the day he was born, flailing at a football before most children were even off all fours. His first memories were of watching his dad on the pitch, his first word was football, and as soon as he could make a conscious thought in his mind he wanted to be a professional footballer. As he grew up, he spent much of his time outside, scrapping on the pitch with the other children. He'd come home, covered in bruises, much to his mother's disdain, but which earned a nod of approval and a wink from his father. Headstrong and determined, he could be a handful to deal with at times, but his parents loved him all the same.

Six years after his son was born, Addison ended his stint with the Rovers. Frustrated with his constant toiling at the bottom of the football ladder in his homeland and conscious of the fact that his time on the pitch was limited, he and his family moved to America, where he was offered a rather well paying contract with Charlotte FC in the MLS.

It took some getting used to, but he adjusted fairly well, becoming a member of the starting lineup quickly. His son on the other hand didn't take the move nearly as well. Ben hated this place where he spoke differently from everyone else, and real football was tossed aside for a sport where people barely used their foot. However, his parents found a club team for him to join, and then it clicked. Even at such a young age, he could tear it up on the field and compete with the older kids. Everyday after coming home from school, he'd go out to practice, neglecting his schoolwork in the process.

Around the same time was when things started going too well for Addison. He went from just another starting player, to one of the best strikers in the MLS. The success got to his head, and his stints away from home increasing in both length and frequency. The arguments between the Paiges increased in both as well, with every trip home for Addison resulting in a shouting match between the couple. Eventually he left for good, heading off to "training camp" and never coming back.

His father's disappearance left Benjamin devastated. Though he would never show it, he felt as if Addison hadn't loved him enough to stay and that it was his fault that he had left. He would still see him on the television, scoring goals for Charlotte. The look of elation on his face becoming a constant reminder of that perception. After watching one his games, Ben made a resolution to make it to the big leagues of Europe and be successful where his father wasn't. He thought that if he did that, then it'd have to win his father back.

As he grew older, it was apparent that his natural talent and constant practice developed him into one of the best soccer players in the area, with his reputation spreading among the coaches in North Carolina. His aggressive, yet methodical style of play, resulted in Benjamin becoming the star of every team he played on.

Unfortunately as developing his skill was the only focus on his mind, school-life was severely neglected. He was always behind with schoolwork, and didn't have many friends, with the only peers he talked to on a regular basis being his teammates and his tutor. Ben didn't care though, all that mattered to him was the goal of making it in soccer. In his three years at Saint Dominic he had made a name for himself on the pitch, but he had to keep getting better if he was going to reach his ultimate goal.

Who Is Your Most Precious Person: As much as he resents his father for leaving, Addison is an idol to his son. Ben wants to hate his father, but finds himself unable to do so. Even when his mother has raised him all on his own, he can't help but put the man that left them on a pedestal.

Is it better to have had something and had it taken away or not to have had it at all? Have it taken away

xBenjamin Paige.

Persona: Leonidas

Y78Wtwm.png

Arcana: The Chariot

Persona Description:
Leonidas is a hulking figure, donning only the minimal amount of armour as per Spartan tradition. He wields the traditional Spartan combo of shield and spear.

Persona Types:
Physical + Lightning

Anchor to the Past: The day that Addison left Ben and his mother on their own and the residual pain that it brought.​

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
While I may have never tried out Persona myself, I'm still quite interested in the RP regardless. Hopefully my lack of knowledge on the franchise won't be too much of a hindrance?

9shstV9.jpg

Star Arcana
4JAarxd.png

Persona Types:
Gun & Blessed

Name:
Estelle Beatriz Santiago​

Date of Birth:
Dec • 25 • 2012​

Grade and Class:
11 B (Junior)​

Tell Me About Yourself:
The bilingual woman fears water for she cannot swim. Or heights. Large bugs as well. Oh, and the pitch black. Very tight spaces. Were she not too much of a coward then perhaps she wouldn't avoid conflict or be sitting on the fence the majority of the time instead of stating her true beliefs.

"It's like - I get too afraid to say what I think. On my own, in front of a mirror or something, eh maybe not a mirror but you know, I have so much to say. What I think might be right. I cry too easily, get hurt too easily so... yeah. Sometimes I can tho."

Fears aside, Estelle is a responsible young woman with a mind ready to be stimulated. Ambition and success drive her. Motivate her. When problems or tasks arise Estelle tackles them in that instant or as soon as they emerge, for she is fully aware of her horrid memory despite how well it serves her academically.

"I can memorize a five minute speech for an assignment if you give me two days, I remember I did one on sleep, but what's funny is I forget where I put my phone or books minutes after I moved them. Haha, I remember one time I asked where my phone was and it turns out I was holding it the whole time."

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" perfectly captures Estelle's essence; a tedious woman who had long become dull from the years of being worn. A routine per se, one she has grown accustomed to. With it she accepted stress and patience as good companions. However her social life suffered to the point of being nonexistent. Thus her family is all she believes she needs and as a result puts them above everything else. This has caused Estelle to come off as clingy, awkward, a worrywart, and not to forget jealous and envious. The girl is very self-conscious as well, with various aspects of her life.

"I know I get attached too easily so I try not to get too close. But it's hard! I just do. Especially with good friends or crushes."

Despite it all, Estelle carries a sense of optimism that allows her to keep going obstacle after obstacle. But do not let this demeanor fool you. Estelle is a fragile and sensitive woman who refuses to acknowledge such stress is present. Perhaps that might be why she speaks to her dolls and objects.

"I think stuff in life happens for a reason. Maybe if I didn't get into that car accident - not that I ever got into one, it's just an example - then I might not have met person A or done thing B."

Estelle enjoys baking and watching documentaries, the latter of which fuels her curiosity for the unknown. Much to the surprise of many however, Estelle carries a very childish aspect of her; teddy bears fill her bedroom, cartoons are bought over any other franchises, and belongings can appear to belong to that of a toddler.

"I know I like to watch scary movies because, uh, I just want to know what happens, but sometimes I get scared. That's why I always sleep with a night light. It's a cute one with some liquid and cute fishes inside."

How can I identify you:
Estelle stands at 5'5" with a weight of 130 lbs. She owns long, thick, ivory-dyed hair that's rarely let free save for the shower and rest. Never has she paused to learn to tinker with hairstyles, hence the messy ponytails and buns. However, her hair matches well with the light tuscan skin coating her body spotted by freckles. Baby blue eyes pop out as a result of her color palette, but can be described as rather dull in shine. Furthermore, her chestnut brown eyebrows provides the true color of her hair that she has colored over.

"I guess you can say I'm not tall... short? Well, no, I know somebody who's 4 feet and something so I'm not really that short, um... medium? I don't know. Wait no, I remember, 5 feet and 5 inches tall. Five and five, easy to remember."

The young adult's wardrobe consists of long sleeves, whether shirts or button ups, and denims. Either small boots or slip-on footwear she sports, although it's normally the latter due to their ease of use.

"Eh I kinda get too lazy to do my hair to be honest. I mean I take care of it at least, sorta."

What is your history:
Immigrants poured in from every corner of the globe into the Americas throughout the decades, and Estelle's parents were no exception. Both papa and mama Santiago ventured into the mythical land of opportunity from Mexico in their teens, hoping to find a more flourishing life for their eventual family. While the rumors may have been exaggerated, they were not disappointed. But the hard work was a given for the pair.

"I grew up in luxury compared to my parents. They had such a shitty life."

Out of their love came their first child and blessing, Estelle, into a world both parents had no experience in. In fact, she wasn't planned - mama was only in her wee early 20s when Estelle had been swimming in the womb. As such Estelle grew in an environment the Santiagos knew all too well - in poverty, migrating from state to state for new job prospects, all while raising a child and attempting to absorb an entirely new culture. That isn't to say their Hispanic roots were forgotten. Despite the living conditions, papa Santiago refused to let Estelle experience the hardship. He dedicated his being to working like a mule, earning any penny he could earn to put into his family. Meanwhile mama Santiago took the role of an endearing housewife who smothered Estelle in love and attention.

"Sometimes I wonder why they spoil me and protect me so much. I want to experience hardships too... maybe then I could develop better as a person and be more like my dad."

Unsurprisingly more siblings emerged - three more to be precise - throughout the years. With every child Estelle's given attention was diminishing, yet standards rising. The family had long settled into Havencross by the time the third child was conceived, papa Santiago having at last found citizenship and a stable income. Estelle's role as the eldest sibling was taken seriously. Her task was to carve a path to success for her siblings to follow behind, but easier said than done. With parents still learning the ropes and lacking the knowledge in the land's schooling, Estelle was on her own. Yes, she was pushed to succeed and papa Santiago rigorously spent hours on end harping her to achieve perfection, yet Estelle had to understand subjects on her own.

"I just love my dad to the moon and back. He just pushed me to succeed, even if at the time I didn't understand why. I do now, and I thank him for it."

Estelle's mind flourished. Intellectually she was growing by leaps and bounds, seeking both the attention and recognition from her papa that she had been deprived of. If it wasn't an achievement he paid her no heed. This resulted in Estelle's academic perfection, constantly showered by compliments and words of encouragement that kept her going. Unfortunately that's all Estelle was great at. Sports was a disaster for the fragile child, weak and prone to dizzy spells. Socially she was a wreck. Friends were rare and hard to keep with her schooling taking priority.

"Yeeeah, I faint a lot. I still do, especially on my periods, but not as much as before. I learned the signs and take care of myself a bit more now."

Estelle lacked comrades, but ironically threw herself into the world of romance and relationships. This woke a new side of her she wasn't aware she contained - she desired a family. And such caused her to grow more adept at house duties and helping her siblings grow. During this time she received an unexpected show of respect and attention from her parents due to her prior lack of initiative to help around the house. To lend a helping hand. No longer did she lock herself in her room to toggle between study and play, but the latter became nonexistent.

"I used to sneak out to see one of my exes because my parents were so strict... Well actually, not really, but I did it anyway since he asked me to. I really didn't want to lose him, so I did. Eventually I stopped because the paranoia was too much. "

Life was shining for Estelle. Ambition and energy were at an all-time high in addition to finally growing closer with her parents not as a daughter, but as a friend. But nothing compared to the joy that came with acquiring a well-known scholarship within the school she attended; it was like winning a lottery. Chosen from a sea of just as capable students, out of hundreds, for this generous scholarship. She didn't prepare, she didn't expect to win. But she won. And this only ignited a passion for more - it was the ambition to be better. Slightly cocky she had become, overconfident in her abilities despite coming off as mediocre, as she accumulated scholarships left and right.

"I still think I was just too lucky. My dad was soooo happy too. And so was ma! I... I don't know. I get all happy thinking about it. I felt like... like I could do anything."

The cherry to her cake was gaining entry into St. Dominic High School with the aid of her scholarships. It was just one of many accomplishments that brought color to her world.​

Who is your most precious person?:
"Aw... I love my entire family. It would seem unfair to choose one over the other for me.

...but my dad. If I had no choice. He made me who I am, so did my mom tho, but he's who I wish I could be like. Strong. Responsible. Resilient. Hard-working. Respected."

"Not have had it at all. Taking something away would make me feel hopeless and what if it took me so long to get it? Then it's like I wasted so much time that I could have been using or doing something else."

x Estelle Beatriz Santiago.

Anchor to the Past:
Miraculously winning a well-renowed scholarship brought her an overabundance of joy. Furthermore, it was the day Estelle began to believe in hope and miracles, always having been told it was only effort and sweat that determined her future.​

Persona: Asteria (Greek Mythology)

Titan Goddess of Fallen, Shooting
Stars. The floating goddess towers
above mortals with her long, flowing,
auburn hair and pale complexion.
Wing-like appendages decorate her
upper body, two of which frame the
side of her face. Her lower body is
nonexistent, instead one sees a
generous amount of ember-tinted
cloth acting as a dress. Gaps can be
seen at the site of the wrists and
abdomen, skin-colored shards
swimming in their place.​

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
OK I caved bc I have a character idea. I'll chip away at 'er as the week goes on.​

I SWEAR THAT THE PAST IS UNCHANGEABLE AND I WILL DO ALL IN MY POWER TO NEVERREMEMBER.
~ TORU MIKI
HER PERSONA:

The Todomeki, the Hundred-of-Eyes Demon, the long-limbed thief. Her misalignment and her stature are non-submissive, unruly, and thus unwanted— demonized. But it is of her own vice of greed, too, that she stands as desperate, vengeful, and no longer human. She used her long arms to steal constantly, and the soul of the money itself punished her for this, manifesting as perfect, red bird's-eyes all over her body. Some stay glued to her like blisters, others rise and wave like tendrils, making a flamboyant show. She is a hunched, clawed, towering, bruised and bandaged monster and caster, though beneath the mask and casing-like robes is thought to stand a beautiful, confident young woman.

With her demon magic, the Todomeki lays Curses without mercy, but she also has a penchant for Support castings. Her signature spell, HANNYA, has effects depending on the perceived angle of her mask; when tilted downward — mournful — damage is gradual, but when aligned straight ahead — angry — instantaneously, it may kill.

<< I. The Magician >>

AND HER:

She was born January 13th, 2011 (18 Years); placed in Class 12B of an American school faraway. She is a transfer student, there on scholarship money, and ultimately alone-- her family didn't come with her. But Miki hasn't changed to seem perturbed ... she goes by "Mickey" sometimes. Her appearance speaks for itself. She doesn't like to describe what people can already see, she says, but she is more immodest than that implies. ... Her eyes have a hypnotic, youthful quality. You would say ...

You are not a philosophical person, but Miki has incited interesting conversations with you, and that may have been the biggest reason for you maintaining this relationship. She is the sort to, at random, propose a conversation starter with no correct answer. … She believes it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. She could not bear to imagine a world where she has never met you, she said. But you do not know how well she is faring without you.

You do genuinely care for Miki-san, as a beloved ought to. But she has said you are the most important person in her life. She has called you a princess without imperfections, underestimated by everyone but herself, which you have always known. She says it is her fate to whisk you from your gilded cage and begin your adult lives with one another. In Japan, in America, anywhere, far away from or closeby to prying eyes, rich or poor-- it didn't matter, as long as she is with you. But you never said you wanted to be poor or anything, or alone with only one person. But this was her oath to you, her boyfriend. It has only been a year...

Will tag you when she's done, Pastel! Definitely straying from the games here, since it seems the Magician arcana characters look to typically be lighthearted "best friend" male characters. I'd also imagine Miki would make a good support character, like Ryse or the, uh, green-haired girl!

In the meantime, what are ya'll most excited about in terms of your characters? Just a general question in case we aren't all caught up in the sign-up process, haha.​

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
ySvOVKT.jpg

Aiko Winchester-Inoue

Date of Birth:
December 19, 2013

Grade and Class:
10-B

Personality:
If there's anything to be said about Aiko, it's that first impressions belie many things. At first glance, she seems like a typical popular girl. She talks about shopping at local high-end malls, going to some parties in Satin Heights and buying designer labels. However, unlike many of the fellow popular girls she hangs out with, she doesn't actually enjoy these activities or associate with fellow wealthy, popular girls. Aiko can't seem to connect with anyone else, and, by association of her parents, more or less fell into the group because no one else seemed bothered to hang out with her. Beneath flashy displays and appearing to be successful on the outside, Aiko is someone who in reality has many issues underlying a successful exterior.

Unfortunately, much of the heavy emphasis on keeping up appearances, despite not enjoying either the materialistic or social aspects that come with being the daughter to a wealthy family and being in the popular social circle, stems from an idea of getting self-worth from others in lieu of getting self-worth from within herself. Aiko, consequently, has little confidence in herself on her own merits. In fact, she has a streak of self-loathing in her. She hates how she wants so badly to express more of herself apart from this shallow popular girl facade. Aiko, above all else, wants to be seen as distinguished in more ways than the material objects she has. She wants to be loved and have prestige in not only the material items, but in a social and moral sense. By hanging around with other popular girls, she is given a facsimile of these traits, and is thus stuck in a cycle of dissatisfaction.

While highly self critical, she does have some positive aspects that Aiko tends to overlook in favor of all of her faults, real or otherwise. For instance, despite seeming to only do cheerleading for the sake of hanging out more with her popular "friends", she does legitimately get excited and passionate about it. If only for a little bit, she feels that she can be more of herself. She only wishes that she could do more of this instead of hanging around her "friends" bored half the time at a shopping mall.

Appearance
Standing in at about 5' 2" and sporting a lean musculature and little body fat from her time on the cheerleading team, Aiko can be described as pretty and cute, especially when she shows off a genuine smile that reveals a gap in her teeth. Her eyes are a dark grey, almond shaped and show the mix of European and Japanese heritage that Aiko has. Aiko's hair is also brown and wavy, done up in fancier braids, or just tied up quickly in a fountain style when there's no pressing need to look nice.

In terms of clothes, most of what she wears is higher end fashion labels clothes that will get the other girls to say how chic and pretty it is. However, she has been known to shake things up and wear simpler but equally high quality clothes such as sweatpants and tank tops.

History:
Hailing from a medium-sized, wealthy town in New Jersey an hour outside of New York City, life for Aiko was fairly self-explanatory and straightforward. Her mother is a Japanese-born woman, Fuyuko Inoue, who worked for a Japanese pharmaceutical conglomerate with a branch in New Jersey and ended up marrying and staying in New Jersey to be with her father, Zach Winchester. She was the only child, and growing up there was never a lack of anything. Her parents were well into the upper middle class, and successful at their job and loved her like any set of parents should.

The first major change of their lives came with Aiko's parents decided to move from New Jersey down to Havencross, North Carolina when Aiko was nine. This was coinciding with the beginning of the pharmaceutical boom that started taking place over there. Trusting in their experiences at the company (Zach with the business side of the company and Fuyuko with the medical research side of the company), Aiko's parents was promoted and sent to a budding branch down in Havencross. Of course, it was somewhat hard to leave behind old friends and her old home, but it wasn't the end of the world. Aiko was optimistic that things would go well, mom and dad would get an even bigger house and that maybe she'd find some new friends.

However, things took a turn for the worse when Aiko's father started to drink more than usual. Of course, this wasn't something that was readily apparent to young Aiko, who could only notice that her father seemed more moody and seemed more isolated from his family. When he wouldn't isolate himself, Zach was not a pleasant person to be around. Sure, he'd take Aiko shopping for stuff and maybe some other fun stuff and there would be some flashes of her "old" dad. But most of the time, he was controlling, demanding and downright mean to Aiko.

This, of course, was not something Aiko could pinpoint right away. After all, it's not as if Zach would drink in front of her. Of course, Fuyuko connected the dots fairly quickly. She saw the bills for liquor stores and bars. However, she saw it as a great shame to admit that her husband was an alcoholic. Consequently, Fuyuko wanted to push things under the rug and protect Aiko from these realities, even if that would not make things better in reality.

As the years went by, with Aiko growing up and the signs of alcoholism more apparent, the dilemmas she faced were frustratingly clear, but there seemed to be nothing that she could really do about it. The group of people she hung around with, who were just the kids of the other rich families in Havencross, didn't have much to offer beyond the superficial. Despite finding a passion in cheerleading coming into high school, many dilemmas still face Aiko, be it her degraded self esteem, an increasingly rocky home life and a lack of meaningful relationships in school.

Who is your most precious person?
My mother, without a doubt. I love my dad too, but things are complicated with him.

For me, I think it would be worse if I didn't have something and had it taken away then not having it at all.

X Aiko Winchester-Inoue

Hina

OXZ9QrI.jpg

Persona Description:
An elegant, toned figure, Hina wears a lei around her neck and traditional Hawaiian dress.

Arcana:
Moon

Persona Types:
Ice + Almighty

Anchor to the Past:
Aiko's leaving New Jersey for the first time to move to North Carolina; for Aiko, it marked the turning point that transitioned her life into the current cycle of unhappiness, insincerity and hidden duress.

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
In the meantime, what are ya'll most excited about in terms of your characters?

I'm excited to see how Joshua will interact with everyone else, as he's the type of person to put up walls to keep people out, but if you manage to break them down, you'll find a person who's pretty much the opposite inside of those walls.

I'm also curious to see how awakening his Persona and the like will work out. That's going to be pretty fun to write, I imagine.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
Oh goodie! So many entries, yet I'm loving the diversity that's being introduced. (:

In the meantime, what are ya'll most excited about in terms of your characters? Just a general question in case we aren't all caught up in the sign-up process, haha.​

Estelle was created with optimism and endurance in mind, yet I'm also excited to write about her in terms of being rather selfish, jealous/envious, and somewhat of a coward. With these flaws (and more) I gave her, and holes I left for me to fill later on, I intend to grow her as a character and enjoy the ride. (:

She's not suave either, if anything awkward, so interactions with others will be very fun for me to pull off as I envisioned her a woman of action rather than words.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'm excited to see how Joshua will interact with everyone else, as he's the type of person to put up walls to keep people out, but if you manage to break them down, you'll find a person who's pretty much the opposite inside of those walls.

I'm also curious to see how awakening his Persona and the like will work out. That's going to be pretty fun to write, I imagine.
I like that parallelism, and the concept of a character who's "hard to get"-- would really make interaction feel rewarding, and always in favor of his development.
Estelle was created with optimism and endurance in mind, yet I'm also excited to write about her in terms of being rather selfish, jealous/envious, and somewhat of a coward. With these flaws (and more) I gave her, and holes I left for me to fill later on, I intend to grow her as a character and enjoy the ride. (:

She's not suave either, if anything awkward, so interactions with others will be very fun for me to pull off as I envisioned her a woman of action rather than words.
Yo, I've always wanted to play an optimistic character. I suppose Miki would have a twisted sense of it where she'd refuse to believe someone would move on without her.

I can definitely agree with you on character flaws being fun, too! I've always found it super rewarding to make my characters hella tragic sometimes, the reactions are stronger.

But you also are excited for interaction. That's awesome! One of my favorite things about roleplaying are how characters bounce off of each other.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
OK

Misty is the first African-American character I've created in detail, and although I'm a bit worried about playing her correctly, I'm also excited to be trying something new. Trying to balance her mature, feminine qualities with her quirks and triggers is something I'm looking forward to as well.

Seeing how she'd bounce off the others would be fun as well; we have such a diverse cast!

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
In the meantime, what are ya'll most excited about in terms of your characters? Just a general question in case we aren't all caught up in the sign-up process, haha.

The idea I have for the Jester, as like a inverse social link with the bonds developing the Jester rather than the people they're made with, is probably be the most interesting character I could ever come up with, given the context of persona at least. As for the existing SUs I'd say... Probably yours depending on how Miki ends up straying from the usual Magician.

A couple questions:

When going against shadows will our personas be doing all of the fighting, or will our characters also have weapons of their own? And if characters are able to use weapons of their own, what would be the incentive to use Physical/Gun skills instead of their weapons or vice versa?

Do our character's personas have weaknesses/resistances?

How do you plan to make elemental resistances/weaknesses actually matter during combat? (because a knockdown 1 more likely doesn't translate well into this medium and playing them like pokemon seems slightly underwhelming)

Just to ease my anxiety, could you add Hunger/Lust and Jester to their respective places on the arcana list? I think Jester wouldn't cause much of a problem as long as the bonds between our characters isn't a major plot point, and even if it is, having a Jester eventually grow into a different arcana because of the bonds that they form with others seems like a really interesting way to make use of the reverse Fool. Meanwhile, Hunger/Lust is just a missed opportunity unless we're allowed to reverse our own arcana, but while potentially allowing for intresting character growth, that may end up more complicated than it's worth.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Misty is the first African-American character I've created in detail, and although I'm a bit worried about playing her correctly, I'm also excited to be trying something new. Trying to balance her mature, feminine qualities with her quirks and triggers is something I'm looking forward to as well.

Seeing how she'd bounce off the others would be fun as well; we have such a diverse cast!
I know I can't speak on behalf of every black girl, but I've found it's a lot easier to portray us than it isn't. Common tropes are just going to crop up when anyone writes any character, really; it's just an extension of how we perceive the world.

Misty's writin' her own hieroglyphs, though; I'm liking the looks of her.

But I always like playing with ethnicity and culture between my characters since it broadens what there is to explore about them, as well as broadens the cast of the roleplay.
The idea I have for the Jester, as like a inverse social link with the bonds developing the Jester rather than the people they're made with, is probably be the most interesting character I could ever come up with, given the context of persona at least. As for the existing SUs I'd say... Probably yours depending on how Miki ends up straying from the usual Magician.
Yeah, I remember the Jester Arcana twist, and applying it to a "protagonist" character would be rewarding but inevitably take a good deal of nuance for that same character to stand out as anything but villainous. I think this one time I thought about joining some RP with a Jester Arcana character, they were less of a bad guy to begin with and more susceptible to becoming corrupted in that sense; really, in that case, the Fool would work fine. I don't think the Arcana needs to transform, especially when the transformation is already anticipated; it becomes about the destination, not the journey the character goes through, which is what make a character interesting at all.

Ultimately, Arcanas ideally don't define the characters, more that their traits are reflected in the Arcana, right? Though I suppose that could get obscured when they're all already listed out, haha.

And thank you, I don't have much to show yet, but if Miki's already intriguing you by presentation alone, that can only be a good thing! The pic probably helps. (Her character and persona are literally defined by that picture, I love it.)

Back