• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What one legendary would represent you?

Years
  • Tempted to go with Kyurem, but I think I'll go with Ice Rider Calyrex instead because Glastrier is amazing and the rider forms of Calyrex are pretty dang strong.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Definitely Reshiram! A beautiful Pokémon that only concerns itself with the truth. When it comes to the truth, I can definitely relate to Reshiram. It's the main reason Reshiram is my favorite legendary because its lore regarding the truth is great.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Are Mythical Pokémon allowed to get in on the action?

I'm going to go yes and refer to Deoxys' original RS Pokédex entries
    The DNA of a space virus underwent a sudden mutation upon exposure to a laser beam and resulted in Deoxys. The crystalline organ on this Pokémon's chest appears to be its brain.
    Deoxys emerged from a virus that came from space. It is highly intelligent and wields psychokinetic powers. This Pokémon shoots lasers from the crystalline organ on its chest.

So not only is it objectively cool - a shape-shifting Psychic alien who across multiple strands of the franchise does battle with Rayquaza aka the coolest dragon and a being so powerful it can put Groudon and Kyogre on the naughty step - but it's so confident in its abilities it leaves its brain exposed…except oh wait BRAIN LASERS MWAHAHA

In PokéSpe it inpales Mewtwo with its tentacles, (and I think maybe also does it's own form of Carbonite freeze-ray) so in my head Psycho Boost is a metal finishing move where it impales it's opponent, hoists them into the area whilst flexing (because cinema), then blasts them with the Death Star in its chest.

Yeah, for the legendary-mythical Battle Royale, Deoxys is my - the best - pick.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Selects Lugia. Simply likes the design. Presumes flight to be handy too.

With mythicals in the mix: Victini. Views its design favorably. Brings something potentially handy to the table: Victory Star. Helps all of its allies out.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Selects Lugia. Simply likes the design. Presumes flight to be handy too.

With mythicals in the mix: Victini. Views its design favorably. Brings something potentially handy to the table: Victory Star. Helps all of its allies out.

I'm quite sure you also love how annoying Lugia is as a staller too? lol

Victini is awfully cute. V-Create is such a great and powerful move.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    I'm quite sure you also love how annoying Lugia is as a staller too? lol

Victini is awfully cute. V-Create is such a great and powerful move.

Never actually used Lugia in a game, minus maybe an odd fight here or there. Cares less for the suggested Toxic stall strategy, as a Player versus Environment player. Could certainly make good use of Calm Mind and Roost, though. (Hm. How long would stat boosts/drops last in a battle like this?)

Would probably not be effective as a staller in a large-scale battle, however. Sees good potential as a weather Pokemon, depending on your army. Learns lots of good weather moves (Thunder, Blizzard, Hurricane, and Weather Ball). Protects your army with both screens, if desired. Potentially abducts an entire ship of enemy reinforcements too (see: Pokemon XD).

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Never actually used Lugia in a game, minus maybe an odd fight here or there. Cares less for the suggested Toxic stall strategy, as a Player versus Environment player. Could certainly make good use of Calm Mind and Roost, though. (Hm. How long would stat boosts/drops last in a battle like this?)

Would probably not be effective as a staller in a large-scale battle, however. Sees good potential as a weather Pokemon, depending on your army. Learns lots of good weather moves (Thunder, Blizzard, Hurricane, and Weather Ball). Protects your army with both screens, if desired. Potentially abducts an entire ship of enemy reinforcements too (see: Pokemon XD).

If Lugia doesn't switch out, then its stat boosts/drops could last the entire battle.

Lugia is definitely one of the best stallers ever, if not the best staller ever if (major) legendaries are allowed. Lugia's defensive stats are off the charts (106 HP, 130 Defense, and 154 Special Defense), has the hidden ability Multiscale that halves any damage taken when at full health, and can learn Recover, which ensures it never dies and can reactivate Multiscale if it reaches full health again. Calm Mind also makes it more specially bulky. Give it a Kee Berry and its physical defense would raise a stage when hit by a physical attack. Its 110 Speed also makes it much faster than your typical staller, making it more likely to attack first sometimes when it needs to. For a major legendary, Lugia's offensive stats aren't the best (both Attack and Special Attack at 90), which is why it is almost never used purely offensively. Its counterpart, Ho-Oh, on the other hand, is mainly used as the bulky attacker because, despite having similar defensive stats to Lugia (106 HP, 90 Defense, and 154 Special Defense), it has 130 Attack. Pokémon such as Venasaur (Sun), Ludicolo (Rain), Seismitoad (Rain), Excadrill (Sand), Alolan Ninetales (Hail), and so on are better options for weather teams. Of course, Groudon and Kyorge are the best options for setting the Sun and Rain respectively if major legendaries are allowed, but if not, then Torkoal and Pelipper are great options too. Tyranitar is the best Sand setter and Alolan Ninetales is the best Hail setter.

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I'm picking Victini.
    If dex entries don't matter then Kyurem, and I'm gonna try to team up with the other dragons.
    If I can't do that, then I pick Arceus.
    If all else fails, then I'm bringing Mewtwo, teleporting outta there, and vibing with the god cat.

dewitlykefire

Dew It Lyke Me
    Years
  • I would say the legendary Pokemon that would represent me is Moltres. It may be the first Fire-type legendary Pokemon, which will always be a classic.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Tempted to go with Kyurem, but I think I'll go with Ice Rider Calyrex instead because Glastrier is amazing and the rider forms of Calyrex are pretty dang strong.

Not surprised to see you chose ice-types, love! <3

As for myself, it's certainly not an easy question to answer, as there are a plethora of legendaries that come to mind. Overall, I would have to say Giratina. Giratina is certainly an imposing Pokémon whom would not be easily beatable by any means. Via Giratina's signature move, Shadow Force, it could vanish and remain momentarily undetectable from opponents until it strikes, which is most advantageous. If all else fails, we can escape to the reverse world.

If mythical are considered, Cresselia, for the reason being that she is simply my favourite.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Wo-Chien, because I'm silly and goofy and slow and weird and I would probably die to anything trying to make a u-turn.

Back