• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Shiny Tapu Koko distribution for Europe and Australia (Update: North America, too!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Aye, finally its a benefit living in Australia
    And also, my first ever event Pokemon not received from a trade!

Years
  • WOW not even the US yet????

lucky bastards in australia and europe >:(

That was exactly what I was thinking as well. While my region did get this event, I was surprised that the US didn't.

Edit: Oh wait, this event is now live in North America as well!

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • A free Shiny is always nice and Shiny Tapu Koko does have a great colour scheme. It's a shame Legendary Pokemon are Shiny locked these days but that's a discussion for another time.

Now we need an Ash Hat Pikachu distribution.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Got mine. Got two of them. One has Alert To Sounds and the other has Michievous characteristics. Timid is a locked nature. Already maxed special attack and speed on one of them through ev training. Planning to get it to level 100.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Nice freebie and Timid to boot (took me ages of soft resetting to get my in game Timid Tapu). Now to level to 100 for hyper training.

Years
  • A free Shiny is always nice and Shiny Tapu Koko does have a great colour scheme. It's a shame Legendary Pokemon are Shiny locked these days but that's a discussion for another time.

When you think about it, the legendaries being shiny-locked was likely done for cutscene purposes.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • When you think about it, the legendaries being shiny-locked was likely done for cutscene purposes.

But past gens still had sprite cutscenes and legendaries were able to be shiny?

Anyway, totally going to RNG one with HP Fire and one with HP Ice, then RNG a save file so that I can nickname them whatever I want :3

I realllyyy hope we (as in the world, I'm cool with just Japan) get the other shiny Tapus, but I'm not sure of the likelihood.

Last edited:
    Years
  • But past gens still had sprite cutscenes and legendaries were able to be shiny?

5th Gen was the first generation to have 3D-rendered cutscenes, and considering how complex they would have been to make, you can see why that generation started the tradition of shiny-locked legendaries in-game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • 5th Gen was the first generation to have 3D-rendered cutscenes, and considering how complex they would have been to make, you can see why that generation started the tradition of shiny-locked legendaries in-game.

But I don't see why. It's essentially the same thing. The model doesn't have to look the same, they established that in earlier games. The model for cutscene and model for battle are not connected at all. The cutscene and overworld happens then the game generates a new legendary when the player presses A at a certain point then the game pulls up the model for battles. Completely separate.

I don't really remember properly, but were there even cutscenes for Tapus other than Koko?

edit: There's no excuse, really, because shiny starters are also possible in this game.

Last edited:

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • Honestly I think one of main reasons for shiny locks on certain legendary's is just so if they choose to do a shiny event everyone will be after it.

I can only hope that the'll do the rest of Tapus.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • It's really nice to get a free Shiny Legendary. Pretty much Battle Tree ready too.

Is it bad though that I prefer his bright yellow regular colour scheme to his more subdued black and orange Shiny form?

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
  • FINALLY! I'm so happy to get my hands on this guy! He's my favorite guardian pokemon.
    Here's to more cool events, my American friends.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thank Arceus this Tapu Koko is locked into Timid. All that's left is SRing for HP Ice, which I already did in Sun. I'll do the same for Moon later.

Corrusion

DARTH MEGATRON 3000
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    In my first match using the Tapu Koko with hidden power ice I encountered a Marshadow lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't really play S/M anymore, but I went and got this just now, it might be useful in the future. Can't (legally) get a shiny Koko anywhere else either right now, so there's that too. Very fortunate that the nature is always Timid, made it easy to SR for a Hidden Power Ice one (It's nice to get the HP type I want for once)....even came with 31 Speed IVs too.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Timid nature is great bc I wasn't prepared for catching Tapu Koko in the game, so mine doesn't have a good nature.

Back