• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 3, 2021
Hello!! I'm not sure if this hasn't already been brought to attention, but I think I found a bug...well, aside from the minor sprite glitches concerning Red. In the Safari Park, I found a Rest House with alot of revealing notes concerning the Laketoise and Vicreebell...and after trying to get out, am faced with one of those Plant Munching buggers.

Easy to defeat...but the sprite remains, and whenever I click it, the game freezes. XD

And I'm not sure if this is just the Emulator I'm using, but the Patch for the RTC isn't working either. Like some help here. X3

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
but do you have an estimated date when pt 2 will be released!
As I said in the special update post, there is currently no release date for the Beta 13 Part 2.
You know, the old man who likes to eat human meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY3fjkCREhw
The glitch is seen at 38:55
As I said right here yes, the issue was already reported and more than likely already fixed.
It's a simple behavior byte missing in the carpet tile, that's it.
I'm afraid there's nothing to check.
hJdkIaS.png

The main post says there's an IPS file? I can't find that one.
There is only a .ips patch for the Beta 11 and for the RTC Fix which is meant to be applied to a Beta 13 Part 1 ROM if you play on mGBA.

In any case, I'm glad you were able to apply it. Have fun :)
1) Yes, the issue with the house and the Victreebel was already reported a lot of times, don't worry.
2) The RTC Patch for the Beta 13 Part 1 will only work with mGBA, be it the Standalone Version or the RetroArch Core.

ON: Speaking about the Hospitality Chapter.. well.. enjoy?
Spoiler:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
It really depends on how modified the ROM Hack is. If you play Revamps/Overhauls, then PokéHex will surely read those just fine.

Already reported a lot of times.

ON: Freshly baked update, enjoy.
BETA_13_03.png
BETA_13_01.png
BETA_13_02.png

Man, Oh man. I am loving the new updates that are coming out. I haven't seen a person who is as dedicated as Athe, I know he will pull this of with an aplomb!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 3, 2021
Alright. Downloaded mGBA and a new Fire Red Rom File. It's Squirrel, and 1.0 USA. I've downloaded the Beta 13 Part 1 and patched it. Works. Done the same with the RTC Patch. Not so much. Is it depended on the mGBA's Version? Because I have 0.5.0

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Alright. Downloaded mGBA and a new Fire Red Rom File. It's Squirrel, and 1.0 USA. I've downloaded the Beta 13 Part 1 and patched it. Works. Done the same with the RTC Patch. Not so much. Is it depended on the mGBA's Version? Because I have 0.5.0
Yes. Please use the latest Nightly build which you can find in mgba.io, because the issue with the RTC on mGBA's end was fixed quite recently. Along the patch, the RTC should work correctly on it.

ON:
unknown.png
unknown.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 3, 2021
Alright, downloaded it 0.6.1 which I assume is the latest version, and it works...sort've. Clock's glitchen, and constantly switching back and forth from two different times hours apart. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just kept on downloading different versions until one worked. Thanks for the help!!! XDD

Last edited:
Years
Alright, downloaded it 0.6.1 which I assume is the latest version, and it works...sort've. Clock's glitchen, and constantly switching back and forth from two different times hours apart. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just kept on downloading different versions until one worked. Thanks for the help!!! XDD

Why don't you visit the Adventure red chapter website for already patched zip file???

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 3, 2021
1) There's a Website for this Hack?

2) I know how to patch it, but actually finding an Emulator that worked with it was something I also needed. XD

MattieDanker

Sexy Bastard
Years
What about the this forum, isn't it technically a "Website"? A pre-allocated site for people to discuss a great rom hack.

MattieDanker

Sexy Bastard
Years
Wait like a few months, should be done by then. POSSIBLY by September. Those who have patience get rewarded; those that don't, get nothing.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
What about the this forum, isn't it technically a "Website"? A pre-allocated site for people to discuss a great rom hack.
This is a thread in the forums of a community, which is definitely not a website for the ROM Hack.
hey,
when will it release...
I'm not saying that "when will it release"
l'm just asking that according to you when will it release..(what do you think)
What exactly, the Beta 13 Part 2 or the completed ROM Hack?
My guess is that Beta 13 Part 2 could be out before May and the completed ROM Hack might take 2 or 3 years, if not more.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 17, 2018
I was wondering how traded pokemon evolve in this game. In earlier versions, there were link cables but I don't see any with the new beta. Mainly because I am looking for a Alakazam

Also my bulbasaur is at level 27 and still has not evolved. How and when will it evolve

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 13, 2019
I've been having a good time with this but I have a problem.

See, I forgot Red's Poliwhirl is supposed to evolve into Poliwrath. Unfortunately, I used a Link Stone to turn Poliwhirl into a Politoed and now I'm stuck outside the S.S. Anne in the water with no way to get out.

I hope someone can help but I fear I will have to restart the whole game.

I was wondering how traded pokemon evolve in this game. In earlier versions, there were link cables but I don't see any with the new beta. Mainly because I am looking for a Alakazam

Also my bulbasaur is at level 27 and still has not evolved. How and when will it evolve

As for your first question, there are Link Stones scattered around the game which allow you to evolve your Pokemon that are normally evolved through trading.

As for your second question, just one more level to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 17, 2018
Thank you. I switched to version 11 as i saw that beta 13 ends after the volcano badge. Is there a location for the link stones. I have gotten past the SS. ANNE and have not seen one

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
See, I forgot Red's Poliwhirl is supposed to evolve into Poliwrath. Unfortunately, I used a Link Stone to turn Poliwhirl into a Politoed and now I'm stuck outside the S.S. Anne in the water with no way to get out.
Interact with the Seel that's in that underwater spot.
Beta 13 Part 2 will have the complete Kanto region?
Yes.

Years
This is a thread in the forums of a community, which is definitely not a website for the ROM Hack.

What exactly, the Beta 13 Part 2 or the completed ROM Hack?
My guess is that Beta 13 Part 2 could be out before May and the completed ROM Hack might take 2 or 3 years, if not more.

Oo thanks dude

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years

Thank you, i wanted to also evolve my Poliwhirl to Politoed but feared it would mess up the game

Funny how cheated Eevees evolve into an Espeon/Umbreon when they are happy, i have to cancel my Glaceon's/Flareon's/Jolteon's/Vaporeon's/Leafeon's evolutions everytime they love me the most

Last edited:
Back