• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen today
What? "Shiny Gold" is literally right in the title of "Shiny Gold Sigma", he's never once tried to claim it wasn't an edited version of Shiny Gold.

I just find it so dumb that the SGS creator gets so much crap just because he "has the nerve" to actually finish a hack as opposed to abandoning it like everybody else in this community.

He can't even hack properly himself, he pays others to do it for him (source: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9853763#post9853763). Which results in a buggy and disjointed hack once you get to the parts he added.

Of course, finishing a hack is not the part that bugs people, but the fact that he asks for donations and takes stuff without permission. Asking for donations and taking stuff from others without permission is against the fundamentals of this community. If everyone would do that, barely no one would have been able to make anything sufficient.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
bro, have you played even played SGS, that abomination? I rarely indiscriminate other hacks because I know the creators have put in a lot of effort and hard work, but SGS is the complete opposite. Hacking SGS for a guy who DEMANDS DONATIONS FOR PROGRESS is more than insulting the rom hacking community. But let's not talk about that, let's focus on the actual game itself.

First off, it sucks. Here's why; the TM lists are worse than the original GSC ones (who tf seriously considers Sweet Scent or Vine Whip useful?) None of the newer mons have cries, and it's worse that all of them up till gen 7 are jammed into one single game that obviously doesn't need it.

It also adds another region, which is VERY highly unnecessary. The edits he made to Johto are already unbearable and you expect me to go through Hoenn and Orange Island, when I already gave up trying Kanto? Huh, what's the story here? Furthermore, all the characters added as bonuses are what you call: retarded-decision making. They're just there for the sake of being there but hey, money's the priority.

Overall, SGS is the embodiment of quantity over quality, and it shits on the masterpiece remake that Shiny Gold aims for. Comparing hacksrepairman to SGS' creator isn't any better, it just shows that you can't judge people.

Oh yeah, I once gave feedback on the countless problems SGS has. I ended up getting banned from their FaceBook. Then again, what else did I expect from a group which slogan is "Donate to see more. "

It's not a donation anymore; it's a payment for a ripoff. That's no less evil than pirating the game itself.

to be fair i don't mind shiny gold sigma but i agree the donation part of the hack is stupid. and now that i've read about it i'm a little upset about SGS as well. i think asking for donations for a game is asking for it to get taking down. i'll still play SGS but i don't like the creator and his abomination of asking for donations. honestly rom hacks are to me an art. and don't have to be completed but demanding for money for a hack to be completed is ABSOLUTELY WRONG. i like SGS as a game but the creator is a disgrace for asking for money. he should just go get a job or something.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
bro, have you played even played SGS, that abomination? I rarely indiscriminate other hacks because I know the creators have put in a lot of effort and hard work, but SGS is the complete opposite. Hacking SGS for a guy who DEMANDS DONATIONS FOR PROGRESS is more than insulting the rom hacking community. But let's not talk about that, let's focus on the actual game itself.

First off, it sucks. Here's why; the TM lists are worse than the original GSC ones (who tf seriously considers Sweet Scent or Vine Whip useful?) None of the newer mons have cries, and it's worse that all of them up till gen 7 are jammed into one single game that obviously doesn't need it.

It also adds another region, which is VERY highly unnecessary. The edits he made to Johto are already unbearable and you expect me to go through Hoenn and Orange Island, when I already gave up trying Kanto? Huh, what's the story here? Furthermore, all the characters added as bonuses are what you call: retarded-decision making. They're just there for the sake of being there but hey, money's the priority.

Overall, SGS is the embodiment of quantity over quality, and it muks on the masterpiece remake that Shiny Gold aims for. Comparing hacksrepairman to SGS' creator isn't any better, it just shows that you can't judge people.

Oh yeah, I once gave feedback on the countless problems SGS has. I ended up getting banned from their FaceBook. Then again, what else did I expect from a group which slogan is "Donate to see more. "

It's not a donation anymore; it's a payment for a ripoff. That's no less evil than pirating the game itself.

Can't believe I'm about to ask this considering I made my views against that poor excuse of a hack before but...how are the new reigons exactly? Does Hoenn in particular have the entire region to explore or just limited parts of it? Are there even actual stories or any sort of content you go through in those reigons?

Just curious is all, because I don't feel like wasting my time to play the entire hack to find out myself.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Can't believe I'm about to ask this considering I made my views against that poor excuse of a hack before but...how are the new reigons exactly? Does Hoenn in particular have the entire region to explore or just limited parts of it? Are there even actual stories or any sort of content you go through in those reigons?

Just curious is all, because I don't feel like wasting my time to play the entire hack to find out myself.

Last time I played it was early 2019 and Hoenn was only Slateport and the routes up to Mauville. Mauville was a glitchy mess, but the creator said Hoenn was unfinished, so it was expected. Orange Islands are finished, but it's very simple to progress through it because a lot of buildings are locked and are just for show and there's barely any NPCs. The hack should've just stopped at Johto and Kanto, after that it just gets more bare and empty.

I don't regret playing it, but I'm not interested in playing it again.

Years
What? "Shiny Gold" is literally right in the title of "Shiny Gold Sigma", he's never once tried to claim it wasn't an edited version of Shiny Gold.

I just find it so dumb that the SGS creator gets so much crap just because he "has the nerve" to actually finish a hack as opposed to abandoning it like everybody else in this community.

Take a look at this. This might help you see how pathetic this game and the hacker is.
gXOQdxk.png

Last edited:
Years
Can we please stop talking about shi tty shiny gold sigma and go back to the great original shiny gold?

SGS does not deserve so much attention and this topic is not about SGS.

For sure if anyone want please play SGS and have fun, but the discussion about it should go on in another topic. :-)

Last edited:
Years
I've created an account here just to report a new bug.

In Slowpoke Well's B1F, you "can get a lot of" Rain Dance. Item pokeballs was replaced by NPC trainers, and one of two appears repeatedly; everytime player calls him, it returns a Rain Dance TM.

---------------------------------

Other thing that's not a bug, but... Is possible to fix volume sound from Zel's themes (Cherrygrove City and Lighthouse)? Are really louder than others used ingame.

I think there is the same problem with an item in dark cave, on top floor going into the cave from Blackthorn City. The item is in the north west of top floor and shows the same problem as with rain dance. May you can check and fix this, too. :-)

Hello hacksrepairman, just wanted to say thank you for finishing up a huge part of my early adolescence. I just wanted to make you aware of a couple minor things. They're not gamebreaking bugs just minor errors.

- A couple trainer's names (up til Violet City at least, that's where I'm at) are a lil messed up. Most have names with an exclamation point at the end, but two trainers are named "1/trainer1" and "2/trainer1" respectively

This is cause you can get phone number from this trainers. Maybe not the best soultion but really helpful. :)

And there is another bug: In New Bark Town the girl talks to me not to leave the city without a pokemon - but I have 16 bagdes and a party full of pokemon :-) Is the bug about the legendary Pokemon fixed? I think in the past I've tested this after a bug fix but still can't find any legendary pokemon including Lugia!

Last edited:

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today
For lack of time, it's hard for hacksrepairman and I to test out more bugs. Hacksrepairman is even more busy and I'm still waiting for his fixes for lots of stuff.

The attached patch fixed a bunch of glitches and we will list all the changes when we want to release the next version. For now, I want people to find if any map has wrong coordinates on world map (town map) or incorrect map preview screen (the picture for map transition, cave, building, etc). TOWN MAP can be acquired from an old man in CHERRYGROVE city.

Reporting other bugs is also welcome, but it's very likely that hacksrepairman has already planned the fix.

So this is not a release but if you want to help us with the above issue, feel free to download and test.
Online BPS patcher: https://media.smwcentral.net/Alcaro/bps/
Please patch it over firered US 1.0.

Attachments

• pokeshinygold_patch.zip
    550.7 KB · Views: 40
  • pokeshinygold.sav
    128 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Years
Thank you for your great work!

For now I only can tell you the bugs I listed above your post, but I will report any other bug if I find one.

It is great to see that you guys bring Shiny Gold to a 100% perfect game after such a long time. I will play the whole game again after there is a final release - if ever possible. :-)

Edit: Okay, the only bug I told above still active is the respawned item in dark cave.

With testing you mean that there is no picture shown when go into a cave, town etc. - you removed them all, right? - Ok I see there are some, all of them look fine. :-)

I think we need a flying point at lake of rage and mt. silver to make it correct like it was in the original games. :-)

Edit2: And another one guys: The game crashed after entering bug catching contest room, there you can heal your pokemon (???) and after it the game crashes. :-(

And - is it possible to trigger Celebi event now correctly? - Tested, works correctly!

Edit3: Again a new one, but a little one: Check the 4th picture, one wrong frame on Mt. Moon :-)

Only one thing about the map - why there is the trainer tower in south east of kanto? Is it possible to go there?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today

I've reported all the bugs you mentioned to hacksrepairman (actually only the last one is what we've missed)

> is it possible to trigger Celebi event now correctly? - Tested, works correctly!
No. It's actually not stable because Zel reused a variable for counting friendship step. hacksrepairman plans to rewrite the script for KURT to make it work flawlessly.

> 100% perfect game
This is not possible and is not worth the effort. The vanilla ROM is very buggy and fixing one thing can cause more severe issue because of data reuse. But we plan to fix every game-breaking bug and some minor ones if not risky (e.g. if a bug can be fixed directly with ASM).

> why there is the trainer tower in south east of kanto? Is it possible to go there?
There's an available trainer tower in kanto but I can't recall its location :/

According to earlier chat history with hacksrepairman:
There're 2 deprecated trainer towers. One is probably what you've mentioned (?) and another one is planned by Zel to be in a 3rd region. Everything about that region is unknown.

Years
Okay, thank you for your answer! In my opinion the bugs in dark cave with respawning item and at mt. moon with the wrong step are not a problem but it would be nice to fix them. But the game crashing event at bug catching contest is really annoying and should be fixed if possile. Adding flying points is also optional, but "correct" I would said.

For me Celebi event looks normal, the only part is that kurt is struggling for a while before the event goes on after giving the GS Ball to him, is this what you mean?

I only know one trainer tower in Vermilion City in Kanto and I was triggered cause of the location at the town map where I can not go, thats all about my question - but easy to ignore and not a problem :-)

Okay let's say the game should feel 100% for the customer, as you said with no game breaking bug or something - the process in programming and working behind is completely different, I know this for sure!^^

Edit: Is it possible to couting the badges after go to Kanto and the total comes over 8? With 16 Badges is still sais 8. An added trainer card would be also nice but I know how hard it is to make that. :-(

Last edited:

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today
Okay, thank you for your answer! In my opinion the bugs in dark cave with respawning item and at mt. moon with the wrong step are not a problem but it would be nice to fix them. But the game crashing event at bug catching contest is really annoying and should be fixed if possile. Adding flying points is also optional, but "correct" I would said.
What I meant is that hacksrepairman already knew those bugs and planned to fix them.

For me Celebi event looks normal, the only part is that kurt is struggling for a while before the event goes on after giving the GS Ball to him, is this what you mean?
No. Sometimes that variable can be cleared so even when you have GS Ball it won't trigger the right event. I think this only happens if you have a pending ball making request (not always).

Edit: Is it possible to couting the badges after go to Kanto and the total comes over 8? With 16 Badges is still sais 8. An added trainer card would be also nice but I know how hard it is to make that. :-(
All what you've said are actually easy to program but there're non-technique issues:
1) what should be the design of trainer card? new background, tiles and palettes?
2) show all the badges in the same page or use a button to swap them?

After all this is a fan game, and making everything stick to gen 2 will be a heavy burden.
I had a talk with hacksrepairman over badges but we finally decided not to change anything here and keep the original idea of Zel.

Years
I totally agree with you, but what do you say about this: Only count up the number of badges, but not show anything in the trainer card.

This could be really easy to add, and cause of this the player knows how far he goes in his adventure, maybe sometimes helpful before check every area again wheter it is clear. I think this is not against the original idea, what do you mean?

Of course - adding and correcting all this stuff it is heavy - but I wanna discuss some minor things with you about making the game "round and smooth" without changing something to destroy it. Cause I really love the basic idea of this game, in comparison to Liquid Crystal this is very smooth to play and totally overloaded like Liquid Crystal e.g. :-)

Last edited:

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today
I totally agree with you, but what do you say about this: Only count up the number of badges, but not show anything in the trainer card.

This could be really easy to add, and cause of this the player knows how far he goes in his adventure, maybe sometimes helpful before check every area again wheter it is clear. I think this is not against the original idea, what do you mean?

Of course - adding and correcting all this stuff it is heavy - but I wanna discuss some minor things with you about making the game "round and smooth" without changing something to destroy it. Cause I really love the basic idea of this game, in comparison to Liquid Crystal this is very smooth to play and totally overloaded like Liquid Crystal e.g. :-)
I can discuss this with hacksrepairman.

====================================================================================

Anyway, the main purpose of that patch release is for testing coordinates on town map and incorrect map transition scene. Hopefully someone can do it for us.

Years
Hi, there is one in victory road. Check the pictures, you will stuck in this area forever without an escape rope, very dangerous!!!

Edit: And one missing Item Ball (TM33) in the Safari Zone. :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 6, 2019
I'm testing this hack slowly on my way commuting every day, and it never happened to me.
Would you mind telling us at what point did these glitches occur?
I don't know exactly when it was started, but I've gone to Ice Path at 1st time (after the Mahogany Mart quest) with it. Berry pouch wasn't active again.

Maybe because I'm using packed updates, not IPS archives, from GBAHACKS.COM

This source can have any problem, even with updates.

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today
Hi, there is one in victory road. Check the pictures, you will stuck in this area forever without an escape rope, very dangerous!!!

Would you mind gathering all your bug reports in one post? (use the 'edit' feature)

I don't know exactly when it was started, but I've gone to Ice Path at 1st time (after the Mahogany Mart quest) with it. Berry pouch wasn't active again.

Maybe because I'm using packed updates, not IPS archives, from GBAHACKS.COM

This source can have any problem, even with updates.

I can only think of one possibility: have you changed the ROM halfway with the same save file?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 6, 2019
I can only think of one possibility: have you changed the ROM halfway with the same save file?

I've started save game with the 1st version without bad egg glitch, updating since this, only.
Maybe for its reason berry pouch is glitched and (too) Slowpoke Well's and Dark Cave (reported posts ago) is still with bug.

Thanks for reply.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Last time I played it was early 2019 and Hoenn was only Slateport and the routes up to Mauville. Mauville was a glitchy mess, but the creator said Hoenn was unfinished, so it was expected. Orange Islands are finished, but it's very simple to progress through it because a lot of buildings are locked and are just for show and there's barely any NPCs. The hack should've just stopped at Johto and Kanto, after that it just gets more bare and empty.

I don't regret playing it, but I'm not interested in playing it again.

So in other words it mostly sucks, well alright, just as I expected really.

Stick to the original SG folks, its near-perfect enough of a Gen 3 remake as it is.

Back