• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2022
    Hello all,

Don't know who to tell this to besides the thread, but I found another gamebreaking bug to fix.

Girl above the soul house in Lavender Town destroys the audio and keeps you stuck if you talk to her.

Thank you!

Edit: Make that two gamebreaking bugs. The trainer EditG in the house next to the soul house teleports you to a softlock if you beat him.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hello all,

Don't know who to tell this to besides the thread, but I found another gamebreaking bug to fix.

Girl above the soul house in Lavender Town destroys the audio and keeps you stuck if you talk to her.

Thank you!

Edit: Make that two gamebreaking bugs. The trainer EditG in the house next to the soul house teleports you to a softlock if you beat him.
    All these should be fixed now.

I still remember how much I liked this game. This is why I decided to make a fixed version of this hack which contains a whole Kanto Region. I know someone else tried to do the same thing, but all of them tried to change the original things in this hack. This makes me think I should make a fixed version in which all the creators' ideas are perfectly preserved. So, here it is. A faithfully fixed Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta5.
    The following glitches are fixed:
    A small cave in Ice Path is glitched.
    The glitched border tiles of Route 2.
    You can still enter Safari Zone even though you lost your Pokemon.
    The following things are added by me:
    Gold/Silver style Pewter City, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Vermilion City, Route 1, Pallet Town, Route 21, Cinnabar Island, Route 20, Route 19.
    Trainer Tower, secret areas where you can catch Mewtwo, Rayquazza and Regirock after Red is defeated. (All these things are based on the creator's original map.)
    Rival's events in Mt. Moon, Indigo Plateau and Dragon's Den.
    Some screenshots:
    TmTk7GF.png

Here's the download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips
    The patch was updated for fixing some glitches. Thank jiangzhengwenjzw for his hard work, many glitches couldn't have been fixed without him.

UPDATE:

Changelog:
    • Fixed incorrect map preview screen in RADIO TOWER, MT. MOON and TOHJO FALLS, ROUTE 31, DARK CAVE.
    • Now you can fly to CHERRYGROVE CITY and LAVENDER TOWN.
    • Fixed incorrect fly spot coordinates in MAHOGANY TOWN and BLACKTHORN CITY.
    • Fixed incorrect on-map coordinates for ROUTE 26, ROUTE 27, ROUTE 28 and MT. SILVER.
    • Fixed Name Rator event in LAVENDER TOWN.
    • Fixed incorrect pokemon printer multichoice box.
    • Corrected LANCE and SILVER's battle transition screen (pre-battle mugshot).
    • Correct badge count (0 ~ 16).
    • Fixed National Park related bugs.
    • Fixed Dark Cave Item Event.
    • Fixed Kurt event step count.
    • Fixed Blackthorn CIty/Dragon's Den map tiles.
    • New Region (Leftover in original Shiny Gold, access in Route 41).
    • Gold's avatar on town map.
    • Fixed Power Plant PokeCenter event.
    • Misc minor fixes.

The old link still works:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips/file

Attachments

• ShinyGold Faithfully Fixed Beta5.ips
      1.4 MB · Views: 38
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2022
    Found another bug, unfortunately. The killing route 32 Pokemon Center from Beta 5? That role has been given to a man in the building that leads to the Ruins of Alph from Route 32. He'll try to heal your Pokémon and then once they're healed your game will show funky colors and crash.

Edit: Also because I'm only a little nitpicky, is it possible to lower the volume of some of the custom songs added by zel? The cracking during the battles with Carlos or from the Goldenrod theme for example can be just a little annoying.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Found another bug, unfortunately. The killing route 32 Pokemon Center from Beta 5? That role has been given to a man in the building that leads to the Ruins of Alph from Route 32. He'll try to heal your Pokémon and then once they're healed your game will show funky colors and crash.

Edit: Also because I'm only a little nitpicky, is it possible to lower the volume of some of the custom songs added by zel? The cracking during the battles with Carlos or from the Goldenrod theme for example can be just a little annoying.

The glitch was fixed, as for the songs, I'm not going to touch them since it was done by Zel.

how about the trainers' name? like Trainer! or !!. is that already fixed?

I don't know if that was done on purpose, maybe Zel did it for some reasons, so I didn't touch that.

I still remember how much I liked this game. This is why I decided to make a fixed version of this hack which contains a whole Kanto Region. I know someone else tried to do the same thing, but all of them tried to change the original things in this hack. This makes me think I should make a fixed version in which all the creators' ideas are perfectly preserved. So, here it is. A faithfully fixed Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta5.
    The following glitches are fixed:
    A small cave in Ice Path is glitched.
    The glitched border tiles of Route 2.
    You can still enter Safari Zone even though you lost your Pokemon.
    The following things are added by me:
    Gold/Silver style Pewter City, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Vermilion City, Route 1, Pallet Town, Route 21, Cinnabar Island, Route 20, Route 19.
    Trainer Tower, secret areas where you can catch Mewtwo, Rayquazza and Regirock after Red is defeated. (All these things are based on the creator's original map.)
    Rival's events in Mt. Moon, Indigo Plateau and Dragon's Den.
    Some screenshots:
    TmTk7GF.png

Here's the download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips

More glitches were fixed recently, there are some gamebreaking ones so this update is necessary.

Changelog:
    • Fixed the gamebreaking glitches in the union gates and the lab of the Ruins of Alph.
    • The wild encounter on Red Route was fixed.

The old link still works:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips/file

Attachments

• ShinyGold Faithfully Fixed Beta5.ips
      1.4 MB · Views: 40
    Last edited:

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    Is there any possibility you will fixed it that (trainer! / trainer !!) thing? btw, thanks for the new update.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2019
    Unsure if this has been answered before, I looked bit but didn't see anything. So, when I Fly to Cherrygrove it takes me to an island to the south of the town. There are some npcs who say its an EV training area- but there doesnt appear to be anything to train on. And there's an old man who says he can tell you your IVs, but he tells me all my Pokes have Ivs of 0,1,2,3,4,5 respectively. Question here being - whats up with this place?

Rudolf723

Jimmy G
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2020
    I really like this hack and I'm pretty far right now. My next goal is to beat Red on the top of Mt. Moon but there is a guy blocking the way (with the green clothes on, inside the building before the Victory road). I did everything I can (I guess), but what can I do to move this guy? I have 16 badges.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I really like this hack and I'm pretty far right now. My next goal is to beat Red on the top of Mt. Moon but there is a guy blocking the way (with the green clothes on, inside the building before the Victory road). I did everything I can (I guess), but what can I do to move this guy? I have 16 badges.

Did you mean Mt. Silver?
    Assuming this is like the original Gold and Silver, have you talked to Professor Oak yet?

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • pokemon shiny gold don't have day/night system and bug contest.

i could be wrong but this is like a 2007 rom hack so the base engine was probably a pioneer, (like early stages of firered rom hacking) nothing compared to the likes of CFRU (complete firered upgrade) so yeah it would probably be impossible to add it in. hacksrepairman i'm pretty sure just used the base firered engine that this hack used. just thought i'd put that in for people who didn't know.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • You would be better off using a new base and just copying assets and adapting scripts to better scripting systems for a complete Shiny Gold experience in 2020. Which I don't see a lot of people dedicating time to, but I could be wrong :)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    i could be wrong but this is like a 2007 rom hack so the base engine was probably a pioneer, (like early stages of firered rom hacking) nothing compared to the likes of CFRU (complete firered upgrade) so yeah it would probably be impossible to add it in. hacksrepairman i'm pretty sure just used the base firered engine that this hack used. just thought i'd put that in for people who didn't know.

thanks for let me and people know about this

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Is there any faithful restoration of ShinyGold X or only the original? Thanks a lot for doing this btw. J played the original ShinyGold many years ago and loved it and when looking to play it again, I realized it was never completed except in some really cheesy way with ShinyGold Sigma. This is a great way to play the real ShinyGold.

Back