• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What region has your favorite Pokémon?

Years
  • Well.......I have a lot of favorite pokemon, and I'm not good at choosing absolute favorites in general anyway because I like to make sure I am absolutely sure about it.
    But enough about my mumbling, I'll list some.
    Gen 1:
    Sandlash
    Gen 2:
    Heracross
    Gen 3:
    GROVYLE
    Gen 4:
    Garchomp
    Gen 5:
    Krokorok
    Gen 6:
    Hawlucha
    Gen 7:
    Lycanroc
    Gen 8:
    Toxtricity

Special Mention: Blipbug
    Not because I like it but because dear god it's hideous

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Probably Kanto, tbh. I love Johto, but more of my top favorites come from the original 151. Wartortle, Flareon, Lickitung, Lapras, Sandshrew/slash, Dragonair, Meowth, Omanyte, Mew, Nidoran-M, Magneton...

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Sinnoh, definitely. Magmortar, Electivire, Abomasnow, Dusknoir, Froslass, Garchomp and Rhyperior are all among my favourites.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I've been fond of Hoenn's Pokémon, as well as Unova's.

Treecko's one of my favorite starters, and Tropius is one of my favorite Pokémon conceptually. I mean, it's a flying fruit sauropod; how much cooler can it get?

While a few of Unova's Pokémon might be misses, a lot of them are hits to me. There's something I really like about Pokémon like Vanilluxe, and Golurk has also become one of my favorites. Like, come on, it's a ghost golem mech!

But Alola has probably my favorite Pokémon overall. Even though I'm less fond of Alola's Pokémon overall than Unova's, I don't think Charjabug is gonna stop being my number one favorite, and I really like the Ultra Beats.

Years
  • I think Unova, although I've never tallied my favorites from each generation. I just know that Unova had Samurott (my favorite starter evolution ever), Sawsbuck, Zebstrika, and Litwick among others. It was a very strong generation that many of my favorites came from.

I would be sad if we lost any generation, though... (maybe aside from Hoenn, I don't really have any favorites from there)

Unova is so good and with how underrated it was around release time (or seems like it was in the communities I was part of), seeing other fans makes me happy. Samurott is also epic and he was my original favorite Unova starter until I realized how cool Serperior w/ Contrary was. :'D

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Sinnoh had a lot of my favorites. You have all the cool new evolutions like Gallade and Mismagius but also a lot of new introductions like Gastrodon or Phione. Sinnoh also has a really interesting starter trio. Thinking about it: they may well be my favorite starter trio in all the main games period.

Years
  • huge fan of sinnoh's pokemon selection. what it may lack in fire types, the pokemon it did introduce are largely top tier imo

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • Unova dex is literally untouchable with some of the heat its packing. Sinnoh is pretty good too but most of the ones I like are the ones introduced in Platinum. I acc also quite like the Galar dex but the rest are very hit and miss or just across the bored average and boring like Kanto.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    I created an excel document with every Pokémon and form given points out of 1,000, and according to that, Galar has the highest average for me, with Unova 2nd. Honestly, that is not what I would have said without that resource - I would likely have gone with Sinnoh (which ended up 2nd to last somehow).
    Perhaps I just made some mistake when setting up the calculations...

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Unova. For every Garbodor there are at least two Hydreigons.

Okay, the starters are arguably the worst starter trio ever, but you can just dump them and get better mons of their types (Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, Chandelure, Volcarona, Jellicent, Carracosta and so on)

Plus, it has thousands of great mons whose only flaws are how long they take to evolve:
    Victini, Stoutland, Gigalith, Swoobat, Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Scolipede, Whimsicott, Lilligant, KROOKODILE, Darmanitan, Maractus, Scrafty, Carracosta, Zoroark, Cinccino, Reuniclus, Amoonguss, Jellicent, Galvantula, Ferrothorn, Eelektross, Beheeyem, Chandelure, Haxorus, Beartic, Accelgor, Mienshao, Druddigon, Bisharp, Bouffalant, Mandibuzz, Heatmor, Hydreigon, Volcarona and the legendaries.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I, by default, have to say gen VI due to the introduction of Fairy types.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Unova gave me so many favorites including:
    Whimsicott, Volcarona, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Chandelure, Galvantula, Mienshao, Bisharp, Gigalith, Audino, Lilligant, just too many choices!

PhantorGlam

I change fav pokemon more often than underwear.
    Days
  • I mean, my favorite region is alola, but, many of my fav pokemon have come from mostly kanto and hoenn.

Years
  • Hoenn; my favorite Pokemon are from Unova. But no other region can match the sheer consistency of Hoenn's roster, and while I don't mind Pokemon based on inanimate objects; I feel like Gen 3 struck a better balance between Pokemon based on animals and said inanimate objects then newer gens. It's just an insanely solid set of Pokemon with very few duds, which can't be said about most other generations.

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    This is probably cheating, but alola has the fullest national dex. But this is probably too broad and referring to 1 specific region... Sinnoh and johto have some cool designs in my opinion.

Years
  • Kalos only had a couple duds for me and just has the highest amount of new Pokemon that I like.
    Hoenn comes pretty close though.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • After doing a count with my new list of facourites of each type, literally none. All of them are very balanced in terms of mons I like from them.

Back