• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a Gym Leader, what would your speciality, City, and team?

Years
  • EHlWhMv.jpg

Based on the above image from the official Pokémon Twitter page and your initials, what type would be your speciality? What city would you gym be located in? What would your potential team be? Feel free to use this team maker to construct your team.

My initials are TS - therefore, I would be a Psychic type Gym Leader in Saffron City. Sabrina WHOMST?

I think my team would be...maybe the below?
    06DR5WJ.png

I know I'd at least have the first 3 Pokémon. Jynx is one of my favorites, and I really loved using both Alolan Raichu and Gardevoir when I played Gen 7 and 6 respectively. I can't say I've ever used Malamar or Exeggutor, but I think they look cool. If we're being honest - the first 3 would probably be my team on the player's first playthrough, and then I would add Malamar and Exeggutor for the post E4 rematch. I'd much rather be a Ghost Type gym leader tho

If I absolutely had to be in Kanto, I'd say Saffron would actually be my preference given the fact that it's literally in the center of like everything. It'd be pretty convenient as far as locations go. If I could choose anywhere else in the Pokémon world to have a gym be, I'd maybe go with Hearthome City in Sinnoh. I love Sinnoh, and really like Hearthome.

What about you?

Years
  • I am BS in Irl, so that requires me to be a Fire leader in a normally Psychic place. Ghost type best type.

However, that being said, this does mandate that I use pokemon from Kanto, along with some choice others:

Delphox
    Mega Charizard X
    Magmortar
    Ninetales
    Infernape or Arcanine

My team is utterly destroyed by water and rock pokemon, but I guess that is besides the point.

I'd chose Lavender town for my Ghost gym, personally, no need to be male Fantina.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    lol what is my name even

I'm a Normal type leader in Laverre City :) I think that is a bit boring maybe haha but Normal types can be really cute and cool, and at least they won't disrupt the pretty environment there. I'd probably have a theme to strive towards balance, but better than Norman did lolol. Balance between nature and humans etc. And between Normal type and secondary types ;D Oh, the gym could be in the big tree with lots of actual physical balancing needed lol.

My team... Could be...
    Pyroar-F, Bewear, Pidgeot, Wigglytuff, Heliolisk, Diggersby! Naturally I wouldn't always use all of them in every gym battle. It would depend on my opponents :3 and how good I gauge their ability to balance is!

Years
  • Fighting in Rustboro.
    Great type, okay city.

I think for a team I'd do what Rika has and rotate for different teams of three out of six.

448.png
    106.png
    560.png
    392.png

454.png
    701.png

Years
  • I'd be aaaaa Psychic type gym leader in Opelucid City!
    My team would be .. I guess I'd have to use at least a Unovan Pokemon so

Reuniclus
    Sigilyph
    Mega Metagross
    Gallade
    Gardevoir
    Malamar

I mean, at least I get Mega Metagross <3 Which would be my only requirement in my team ahahdalkdkfsbja I have no idea what theme I'd go for other than "hey these Pokemon look pretty cool". For the first run I'd probably do Reuniclus, Sigilyph, and Gallade, and add the others post game.

If I had to choose what type I'd be though, it would most likely either be Steel/Psychic/Fairy, and would be somewhere in Sinnoh. Sunyshore, probably! Or I can be a non type leader like Blue and just chill in Viridian. I like that too.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Flying in Canalave City.

...Well, at least it's Sinnoh! And flying give me some crossover with lots of different types. I'll just have a cute gym with Pokemon that would be useless if they knew "Fly". So Hoppip, Drifloon, Combee, etc. 8)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Punchy type in Mossdeep. Meh type, meh city.

rmt:
    punchy poison frog
    punchy fire monkey (not to be confused with passimian, who is exclusively referred to as ffx tidus)
    punchy mushroom
    punchy anubis
    punchy birb
    punchy sword guy

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    As a JP I got Psychic type in Pewter City.
    Psychic is my second (or third???) fave type in the series, so I don't actually have a problem with it. Regarding Pewter City though, I gotta say I'm not that much of a Kanto fan except for Sabrina, so Pewter is a little... meh for me.
    Now, my team would be as follows:
    Delphox
    Gardevoir
    Malamar
    For the first match.

Delphox
    Gardevoir
    Malamar
    Alakazam
    M-Metagross
    For the post-E4 match

To be fair I would've preferred Poison type since it's my favorite type, but as I already said Psychic is one of my faves as well.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Fire type Gym Leader in Azalea Town apparently

....they're probably gonna wanna install some fire safety measures around town and get a fire department going before I arrive.

I'll think up a team later

edit: probably do this for a team:
    volcarona.gif
    blaziken.gif
    incineroar.gif
    rotom-heat.gif
    salazzle.gif

plus a Talonflame permanently stuck in a space-time anomaly where it has Gen 6 Gale Wings instead of Gen 7 Gale Wings

or something

Last edited:
    Years
  • Fire type Gym Leader in Azalea Town apparently

....they're probably gonna wanna install some fire safety measures around town and get a fire department going before I arrive.

...hey wait a minute.

Years
  • Ooh apparently I'd be a dark leader in Mossdeep City!

Although I know that Mossdeep is the 7th badge, I'd like to think I would be a 3rd or 4th badge leader. I think my team would be

Mightyena
    Umbreon
    Dieno
    Zoroark

Years
  • I'm JP as well, so Psychic in Pewter City. I'm not really a fan neither of Psychic-types or Kanto, so this isn't really a YAY moment for me. But I think I would be 1st Gym Leader for new trainers to encounter, so I'll make the battle really memorable.

My team for the 1st battle would be:
    mrmime.gif
    drowzee.gif
    slowpoke.gif

And my re-match team could look like this:
    wobbuffet.gif
    hypno.gif
    swoobat.gif
    meowstic-f.gif
    girafarig.gif
    slowbro-mega.gif

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Hmm a Fairy Type Gym in Goldenrod. [user]Fairy[/user] eat your heart out I think I'd easily beat Whitney in terms of giving people nightmares as Clefairy won't be so easy this time around. I'd also use Mawile for those thinking Steel or Poison would easily sweep me and finish my trio off with Sylveon. Rematch would add Alolan Ninetales, Mimikyu and Gardevoir. Haven't decided if Mawile or Gardevoir should Mega Evolve(leaning Mawile).

Last edited:
    Back