• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Valentine's Day Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years

Letters to Your Valentine: Chat Thread
Brought to you in part by Dipu, Kura, and Nica
Coding "borrowed" from Toujours

So Cupid's struck your heart and now you've got a special someone! How adorable :3 Regardless if things are romantic between you guys, or this is just for fun, or even if you're alone, welcome to the Valentine's Day Chat thread!

Note this, you do not have to be paired to be active in this thread! I repeat, do not. If you would like to be paired up with someone, click right here for the Matchmaker thread. Be warned, the Matchmaker thread closes on February 17. So if you're still lonely, go go go! I need a cute girl to be with! Romantic Pair for the win~

The purpose of this thread is that it's a chat thread centered around Valentine's Day, and the general idea of love, perhaps. To instigate some interesting conversation, there are going to be certain topics that you guys can answer. Discussion topics will be entered at regular intervals, so keep an eye out on this first post, as I will update it with another topic or two! Keep in mind though that you do not have to necessarily use these topics as a conversation starter. They're only there as a guide. If I see an interesting topic being discussed that isn't in the list below, I'll add it!

The thread will remain open for the rest of February, so by all means, post and have fun!

Rules:

-All general PC rules apply, such as 4 words and 25 characters and the like.
-You have to be cute (you all automatically qualify!)
-The posts have to be related to Valentine's Day in some way, be it the most obscure way you can think of.
-Have as much fun as possible before this thread closes at the end of the month!

Topics:

1)Do you celebrate Valentine's Day, in real life? If so what do you do and if not, why not?
2)What would be the perfect gift on Valentine's Day?
3)Do you think it's better to be single or married on Valentines Day? In general?
4)Ever liked anyone on PC? What's your thoughts on having feelings for someone on PC?
5)Who do you love the most?
6)Is it wiser to chase love or let love come to you?​

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Great job "borrowing" this code.
Anyway, i usually celebrate Valentine's Day but this year i won't 'cause my exams are too begin soon. To celebrate, i go to a party hosted by people i know to have fun or hook up.
I think the best gift would be one from the heart and not these expensive chocolates.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
;3 He gave due credit :3

I agree that the best gifts are from the heart, though to me.. Valentines day I don't like to really -expect- something. It means more to me to do a gesture than give a gift.

I usually celebrate my Valentines day with buying myself loads of chocolate and gorging myself. But this time I'm going out to dinner on Saturday with my special someone and we're gonna gorge ourselves on desserts there! Just have a relaxing weekend for the most part :3 I think those kind of weekends are the best kinds <3

*___* Though I dunno if we'll get a chance to, but I reeeally want chocolate fondue..
;_; I gave up chocolate for lent, though.. >_> I might cheat a little bit on Sat and make it up somehow.

Maybe I will do another type of fondue instead of chocolate to make up for it. This looks good!

fondue.jpg

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm surprised I managed to make it look so good at all. I meant to "borrow" it from Nica, but the coding she used was too complex for me ;;

Anyhow, I've actually never celebrated it. Always single whenever Valentine's day comes around, boohoo. =/

As for gifts, you guys nailed it, it should indeed come from the heart. But I always thought flowers were a safe way to go, ya know? My school held a flower sale specifically for Valentine's Day, and if I weren't in the jam I am in, I'd definitely have gotten flowers for this one girl.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I was just joking about the borrowing. I know he gave credit. Why did you have to post this pic? You're making me hungry ya know? I decided to stop the sweets for a while 'cause i ate too much these last days. I now realize that it's painful to live without something or someone for others you used to like.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I was just joking about the borrowing. I know he gave credit. Why did you have to post this pic? You're making me hungry ya know? I decided to stop the sweets for a while 'cause i ate too much these last days. I now realize that it's painful to live without something or someone for others you used to like.
Yeah that's why I'm doing lent where I give up chocolate. I literally have chocolate every day so.. >_> this will help me appreciate it more I think.

I
As for gifts, you guys nailed it, it should indeed come from the heart. But I always thought flowers were a safe way to go, ya know? My school held a flower sale specifically for Valentine's Day, and if I weren't in the jam I am in, I'd definitely have gotten flowers for this one girl.

To be honest, I'm not big on flowers like other girls are.. I dunno.. I rather just get a really thoughtful card, or something funny, or a playlist with songs on it more than flowers.

I wasn't single last V-day or the V-day before, but I had a long distance relationship at the time. This valentines day I'm really excited because I'm actually spending time with someone. I enjoyed v-day when single because it just felt really peaceful.. but I'm also really looking forward to this weekend :3

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oof, really? Always thought roses were cute. Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about it this year. Singles Awareness Day for the win! =D

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Can I mention something about the coding? Perhaps you should use a background (behind the text) because people like me who use certain skins can barely read the text. It clashes.

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day with any, single or together. One because single people act friggin' miserable the entire time like come on it's just another day! Couples, no. I don't want to watch them make out the whole time instead of focusing on me, like they should.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Oof, really? Always thought roses were cute. Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about it this year. Singles Awareness Day for the win! =D

What?! What do you mean you dont have to worry? Aren't you getting flowers for your mom? wtf!
Roses are cute! But they're almost like.. expected. I like something a bit more creative for v-day even if it's something silly like "I rented all these funny movies, let's eat pancakes and marathon them" or whatever. I dunno, but I guess I like something a bit unconventional at times.

Can I mention something about the coding? Perhaps you should use a background (behind the text) because people like me who use certain skins can barely read the text. It clashes.

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day with any, single or together. One because single people act friggin' miserable the entire time like come on it's just another day! Couples, no. I don't want to watch them make out the whole time instead of focusing on me, like they should.

What? What kind of disrespectful friends do you have? : | Who the heck makes out in front of their friend like that? Talk about making someone really feel like a third wheel. Ick..

Honest

Hi!
Years
What?! What do you mean you dont have to worry? Aren't you getting flowers for your mom? wtf!
Roses are cute! But they're almost like.. expected. I like something a bit more creative for v-day even if it's something silly like "I rented all these funny movies, let's eat pancakes and marathon them" or whatever. I dunno, but I guess I like something a bit unconventional at times.

My mom has something against flowers, so no actually.

And this is what inexperience looks like. -_-;

Oh, and as for the background, I'll see what I can do.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
What would you do then, Dipu, if you had a potential date suddenly spring up for tomorrow.'

And dude don't say inexperienced; this is my first Vday with someone else here, too .o. To me it's just another weekend of hanging out. For the actual day tomorrow I'm not doing anything- my boyfriend lives out of town.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I only have $20 left in my allowance, so I'll die a little inside if that happened. Buuutttttt, I'd treat her to food, for sure. Pizza's too generic, so maybe a diner. We'd hang out in the park afterwards and then I'll drop her off home, assuming she lives in either Queens or Manhattan. =D

Didn't mean to insult you or anything! I guess that was a joke gone sour, my fault. Hope you and Will have a grand time together, by the way!

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I've never celebrated Valentines' day besides maybe two or three events we did in elementary school. I'm always single when it comes around. :[

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Nah~ I'm just saying that in a way, we're all experienced cause there is no right way or wrong way to these things~ and thanks!

:3 That sounds cute though. A dinner is always nice. I think anything but a movie on Valentines day is good; but that's just me since I like chatting :3

Honest

Hi!
Years
Yeah, I always thought movies were a bad idea for a date. Well, the first date anyway, for sure.

OH. I just realized what I'd do, I totally go ice skating with her. Cause that's cute stuff, you know?

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
yeah, movies = no.
by the end of the night, you won't know anymore about them then you did before the date. they always say "do something fun to break the ice" i always prefer something fun, they give you a topic to chat about and it won't be awkward if you run out of things to say.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
What? What kind of disrespectful friends do you have? : | Who the heck makes out in front of their friend like that? Talk about making someone really feel like a third wheel. Ick..

Yeah, it does. It's annoying and most of the time I ignore them when they do but they're my friends so I don't take offensive to it. Also, that's why I don't hang out with them alone I bring another one of our friends so I'm not the third wheel!

Oh, and as for the background, I'll see what I can do.

Much better, muchas gracias senor!

I don't find movies too bad if you do a follow up at a nearby restaurant. That way you have something to talk about to start off the conversation (the movie) then you can move on to getting to know each while eating. (You can ask them their favorite food, etc etc.)

Honest

Hi!
Years
Much better, muchas gracias senor!

I don't find movies too bad if you do a follow up at a nearby restaurant. That way you have something to talk about to start off the conversation (the movie) then you can move on to getting to know each while eating. (You can ask them their favorite food, etc etc.)

Welcome! And god, that reminds me of a time I hung out with a friend. My friends were like "That's a date" and I was just all "Nooooooooo!"

Sir Codin

1) No, I'm not celebrating "Single's Awareness Day" this year. Don't have a significant other.

2) Sex. Then a movie. Then sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back