• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Mansion Extravaganza [Halloween 2K18]

Years
And since there's only one way forward, our investigation will proceed...to Room 7.
Room 7? If you started in the room 2, you can only move to 14 or did I missed something?
BlissyMKW is lost??
You decided that you want to go to the room 7, but there is no way to get there without going to room 14 first... I'll just put another curse on you for making me check the map and posts again...
z4NBMkn.png

There is just one weird statue. After further investigation, you found a lever on its back. Do you dare to touch it?

Or you can continue to the rooms 7, 31 or 21.

I'll check out the window. That's a valid action, right?
jdthebud through the looking glass!
You slowly approach the window. You can see a room where you were just a moments ago.

Suddenly a pair of ghostly hands appears! It sucks you into the glass! For a while, you're floating through weird reverse dimension and then you're thrown back to the Mansion's reality.
nHQbOjz.png

You're standing in the whole new room. There is only a TV and statue to investigate, but the TV doesn't seem to work. You walk closer to it and a ghostly hand appears again and slaps one Pokéball on your belt.

Or you could go up to the room 5. You could also go down, but that lead back to room 31 and I forbid you to go there again.

I will take the third one, from the left
I really like your team. Do you plan on using both Psyduck and Golduck on the team?
on154288's decision!
"Wise choice". Familiar feeling of the curse being lifted runs through your body.

"Return to me when you complete your quest, stranger. I'll have last thing for you to do."

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Room 7? If you started in the room 2, you can only move to 14 or did I missed something?
BlissyMKW is lost??
You decided that you want to go to the room 7, but there is no way to get there without going to room 14 first... I'll just put another curse on you for making me check the map and posts again...
z4NBMkn.png

There is just one weird statue. After further investigation, you found a lever on its back. Do you dare to touch it?

Or you can continue to the rooms 7, 31 or 21.

...I am very dumb. And now with that extra curse, we can proceed to watch the game screw me over at every possible turn with bad encounters. All we need now is every other required nuzlocke rule and then the despair party will really start. Virbank City, please be gentle.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
Update #1
Spoiler:

misdreavus.gif

Specter lv 17
Astonish
Psywave
Spite
Confuse Ray

Years
alright.

What are you called: Radboy
What do you look like: Mantine
What are you doing: White 2
What is the answer to life: 42
Room you wish to start in: 4

Years
I will investigate the box in 666. While I await my fate for my Elite Four run, I went to my favorite training ground on Cycling Road and level'd to 65 for my run.

Spirit Shackle was in a hurry, screwed up and sent you to the room 666, where you were and were present in the box opening. The valid actions to do from room 69 were to go to the rooms 26 or 17 or interact with the bed. OR we could go with the box opening, but that would have pretty much same effect as the last time. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

First gym down. I await my second curse.
Brewmaster continues...
You continue your journey and find yourself in the pretty crowded room. There are two teleports and a statue in the corner of the room. You can interact with any of those things if you like. Or you could leave to the room 14.

Oh and your new curse arrived! I hope you're SET on the completing the run.

alright.

What are you called: Radboy
What do you look like: Mantine
What are you doing: White 2
What is the answer to life: 42
Room you wish to start in: 4
Radboy enters the Mansion
You know you're late and everyone is probably already at the end, but you still enter the Mansion.

As you enter the first room, a ghost of a woman appears. You're ready to send your partner to fight you, but you can't reach your Pokéball. Is it even on your belt? The curse has find you!

Anyway, you can run from the ghost to the room 29.

So, question. For this new wizard curse, I can pick any of those options and it doesn't matter if the type is banned? Also, I need to get one that is available now, right?

That's an interesting question... I would say that if you want to make the run harder, pick one with the non-banned type. But I don't see a problem with using Psychic-Type if you feel like you need it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Spirit Shackle was in a hurry, screwed up and sent you to the room 666, where you were and were present in the box opening. The valid actions to do from room 69 were to go to the rooms 26 or 17 or interact with the bed. OR we could go with the box opening, but that would have pretty much same effect as the last time. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Ah no biggie. I'll go to Room 26 then.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019

Mansion Zemanahrad - Pokemon Emerald #FINAL (Not really)

Spr_3e_289.png
Spr_3e_354.png
Spr_3e_055.png
Spr_3e_330.png
Spr_3e_306.png

• Finally, at the beginning of the Victory Road. My final challenge before I face the Elite Four and the Champion.
  • Met Wally and had finally battle with him.
  • Surprisingly, all of his Pokemon are all over level my strong team member - Slaken.
  • It is really a difficult battle, specially without using Item but I managed to beat him with only 2 member at pinch.
  • Grinding Time!
  • Took Mushin and Leon as HM Slave
  • Finally Reach to Ever Grande City.
  • Fist attempt: Lost to Sidney's Shiftry spamming Double Team and Swagger
  • Grinding Time!
  • Traptrix evolved into Flygon!
  • 2nd attempt: Phoebe is Ghost-type, Slaken useless againt her team. Lost.
  • Grinding Time!
  • 6th attempt: Defeated Phoebe but all member down, no revive.
  • Grinding Time!
  • 10th attempt: Lost to Phoebe...
  • 14th...
  • 20th...
  • 23rd attempt: Finally got all team member to level 50+. Time to beat the Elite Four! (even still so under level)

Elite Four Battle
Spoiler:

And finally,Champion Battle

Spr_B2W2_Wallace.png

Spr_3e_321.png
Spr_3e_073.png
Spr_3e_272.png
Spr_3e_340.png
Spr_3e_130.png
Spr_3e_350.png

• Start of with Slaken's Hyper Beam that can 1-shot Wailord
  • Traptrix take care of Tentacruel with higher Speed and STAB Earthquake but took Toxic.
  • Milotic's Ice Beam killed Traptrix but Traptrix deal damage enough to yellow bar.
  • Slaken spam Hyper Beam on Milotic, Whiscash and Slash on Ludicolo.
  • Gyarados's Critical Hyper Beam got Slaken fainted.
  • Swith out Psyren but deal only 1/4 HP each time while he spam Dragon Dance.
  • Psyren got Eathquake and fainted.
  • Switch out Yami.
  • Yami's Thunderbolt got Gyarados to red bar while he used Dragon Dance.
  • "Champion" start spamming Full Restore. Killed him with the Last Thunderbolt.
  • I AM FINALLY BEAT THIS CHALLENGE!! Steven! I will challenge you!!
  • But maybe later

Spoiler:

Current Team

Spr_3e_289.png

Slaken@Silk Scarf | Adamant Nature
Level 50 | Truant
Hyper Beam
Slash
Faint Attack (re-learn)
Slack Off

Spr_3e_354.png

Yami@Cleanse Tag | Bold Nature
Level 52 | Insomnia
Will-O-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Spr_3e_055.png

Psyren@Mystic Water | Hasty Nature
Level 52 | Could Mine
Disable
Confusion
Surf
Blizzard

Spr_3e_330.png

Traptrix@Soft Sand | Calm Nature
Level 51 | Hyper Cutter
Crunch
Screech
Fly
Earthquake

Spr_3e_306.png

Airon@Exp. Share | Careful Nature
Level 44 | Sturdy
Rock Tomb
Take Down
Iron Tail
Protect

I have finished my journey. I am here to see you one more time and for the reward, Game Master - Spirit Shackle the Absol and The Spooky Overlord - Zemanahrad the Phantump

Last edited:
Years
Ah no biggie. I'll go to Room 26 then.

CodeHelmet's final moments??
After little bit of wandering, you end up in the room with a couch and a armchair...
91lxm2b.png

There is also a curse lying on the floor, so you pick it for yourself.

It has been a while since you relaxed, so maybe you could sit on the couch? Or you can leave to the room 5 or go back to the room 69, but why would you do that?

I have finished my journey. I am here to see you one more time and for the reward, Game Master - Spirit Shackle the Absol and The Spooky Overlord - Zemanahrad the Phantump

on154288!!!!
"First thing - congratulations! Second thing - Your price is that your post will no longer be tagged as spam (honestly I have no idea why is this happening).

Lastly, there is one more decision to make: Will you lift one curse you have from all the players that also suffer from it OR would you rather put one of your curses on few random players?"

As you're leaving after your answer, Absol stops you: "Don't leave just yet. You might be finished with the run, but Mansion is not finished with you..."

And Chimecho appears out of nowhere!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Not one to complain but... when my curses were re-done, my starter(Electric), Ninetales(Fire) and planned Surf-bearer in Lapras(Water&Ice) were banned from use. That left me with my 2nd(Pidgeot), 3rd(Sandslash) and 5th(Haunter) Pokemon left on my roster. If we slide them down the list, Pidgeot would become first, Sandslash would be second and Haunter would be third. Meaning for this final curse, Bulbasaur would have been #4 and I swapped Sandslash for Rhyhorn(who has since evolved into Rhydon) since it was the only Pokemon who could use Strength and Surf. If this curse was to disqualify Rhydon... um how exactly would I finish the game when I need Strength and Surf to reach Victory Road? XD If its Venusaur(or in this case Shauna) that is disqualified, that definitely makes things harder... but not impossible. I'm going on the assumption its Venusaur(Shauna) disqualified because, as I mentioned, I can't complete the game without Rhydon(Patrick).

So Shauna gets boxed into the PC and I challenge the Elite Four with just 3 Pokemon. Before getting there though, the 2nd to last battle with Blue and Victory Road was relatively uneventful with Revenant as my ace in the hole. Something about being immune to Blue's Sandslash(until the final battle) makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Put so many foes to sleep before using Dream Eater or swapping to Patrick/Valkyrie for the sweep made it all the easier. After surviving and healing up, I stockpile Full Restores and Max Revives for use in between Elite Four matches. I can't use items during battle but I'm not barred from replenishing myself in between(and with three Pokemon, I better not be). Before challenging the Elite Four, I opted to round out the team at level 70 seeing as everyone was level 67 by the time I finished getting through Victory Road(and every bit of leveling will help).

Anyways, here's how the Elite Four and Champion bout went down:

Lorelei: Without Shauna, I had only one Super Effective Counter against her in Patrick. However, Patrick would be crushed by Water attacks so I had to do some set-up. I opt to open with Revenant who immediately puts her Dewgong to sleep. I then swap to Valkyrie who puts three Sand Attacks into it to reduce its accuracy before swapping back to Revenant just as it wakes up from its slumber. I put it back to sleep with Hypnosis and switch in Patrick. I then manage to get up 3 Double Teams before it wakes up and thanks to Accuracy and Evasion stacking, her attempts at hitting me with Bubblebeam are all for nought. I finish maxing my Evasion and go to work on her Ice Types by unleashing one Rock Slide after another. Soon enough her entire team is swept aside.

Bruno: This match was all about Ghost > Fighting. As for the Onix, I put them to sleep and disposed of them with Dream Eater. The only Fighting Type that posed any real threat was Hitmonchan for knowing Elemental punches as opposed to Fighting Type moves. I quickly KO'd him with Hypnosis/Dream Eater combination and repeated it on Hitmonlee. Against the 2nd Onix, I repeat the Hypnosis/Dream Eater effect so as to avoid getting hit by Earthquake. Against Machamp, I had a little fun by KOing it with Night Shade lol. None of its attacks had any effect muwhahahah.

Agatha: Again Revenant shined in this battle and by saving Psychic's PP, I managed to sweep her team in no time flat. The level difference really did help a lot here.

Lance: This was pure strategy here since Gyrados is a real pain. However, Revenant solves that problem by being immune to Hyper Beam so I open with Hypnosis. It fails and Gyrados attempts to attack with Hyper Beam, only to miss harmlessly. I then manage to put it asleep on the 2nd round before swapping to Valkyrie to reduce its Accuracy with Sand Attack. After reducing its accuracy five times, I swap to Patrick just as Gyrados wakes up. Being a Rock Type Pokemon, its resistant to Hyper Beam and only has to fear Hydro Pump. Thanks to the five Sand Attacks, nothing lands on Patrick as he's powering up with Double Team. Once at +3 Evasion, I KO Gyrados with a Rock Slide. The first Dragonair has two electric attacks to go along with Slam and Hyper Beam. Being immune to both Electric moves and resistant to the other two, I simply dispose of this Dragonair with Strength. The second Dragonair is a bit more dangerous due to knowing Ice Beam and Bubblebeam but thanks to +3 Evasion, I'm able to KO it without getting a scratch. The speed demon Aerodactyl is next and it tries to Hyper Beam me but misses. It quickly falls to a bout of Surf. Finally, Dragonite. Level 62 whopper but has just one move that scares me in Blizzard. Thankfully, its accuracy sucks so when it attempts to use it, it misses. I then OHKO it using Rock slide.

Blue: Being the final battle, I open with Valkyrie because Sandslash knows Earthquake and I don't want to risk losing either Revenant or Patrick to the Super Effective move. In exchange for knowing Earthquake, Blue's Sandslash forget's Swift so this makes the final battle all the easier to exploit. I open with Sand Attack x 6 and he lands a Poison Sting that thankfully doesn't poison and a Fury Swipes that does minor damage. He then proceeds to miss on three Slash attacks before I swap to Revenant and put Sandslash to sleep. I then swap to Patrick and power up with Double Team(with the PP dropping to zero after maxing out). I then KO Sandslash with Surf. Against Alakazam, pure strength was the recipe here and no amount of Recover will stop me from victory. His Exeggutor was a pain as it nearly Leech Seeded me but after a couple Strength attacks, it fell. Cloyster was next and I ran over it with a Rock Slide. I repeat the process against Ninetales but run out of Rock Slide PP. It doesn't matter because the hard part is now over. Blue's Jolteon stands no chance with Thunder, Thunderbolt, Quick Attack and Pin Missile as its options. It falls to a Strength attack and I claim victory.

Final Team:

pidgeot.gif

Valkyrie Level 70
Wing Attack
Sand Attack
Quick Attack
Fly

haunter.gif

Revenant Level 71
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Night Shade

rhydon.gif

Patrick Level 72
Rock Slide
Strength
Surf
Double Team

I'll sit on the couch as my final act :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
Update #2
Spoiler:

Bruno lv 19
growlithe.gif

Reversal
Ember
Helping Hand
Flame Wheel

Specter lv 21
misdreavus.gif

Astonish
Psywave
Spite
Confuse Ray

The statue looks creepy, and teleport pads bring back memories of Silph co.
I'll go to room 14.

Years
I'll sit on the couch as my final act :)

CodeHelmet sleeps...
You lay on the couch, waiting for a well deserved sleep. Instead, you have nightmares about all the things you have witnessed in the Mansion.

Then you wake up in different room. There is Absol standing right in front of you.

"Before you leave, there is one choice to make: Put 2 more curses on one random player OR would you rather do nothing and have some more sleep?"

I'll go to room 14.

Brewmaster is going deeper...
Okay, it's time to move! You turn right and go to the next room. There is only one creepy statue in the middle of the room. Seriously, what's the deal with all these statues?

You decides to take a break and eat something, but when you open your backpack, all the items are gone... The curse is on it again...

Anyway, you can investigate the statue here OR go to the rooms 31 or 21. Or to the room 2, but that would be pointless...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
This is my first post hopefully I'm doing this right!
What You Are Called: Coffee Jeans
What You Look Like: Ditto
What You Are Doing: Pokemon Fire Red
What is the Answer to Life?: That's pretty deep and it's like 8 am I'm gonna have to come back to this one
Room You Wish To Start In: 1

Last edited:
Years

Mansion Extravaganza in Pokémon Ultra Moon

NTR8ufJ.png

PART 3

Yay, this was fun! The curse really shuffled with my planned team. I boxxed Harry immediately after booting up the game. And I spent about half an hour evolving Igor to Alakazam.

Now, what Pokémon should I replace him with? I decided to go with Morelull. And because it was almost night in the real life (which means day in Ultra Moon) I had to rush the beginning of the Akala Island with only Fester and Igor. I was also surprised that Lana's Trial starts right when you step in the Brooklet Hill. So I had to complete it before catching Morelull.

The Trial itself was pretty easy as I had newly evolved Charjabug. I love this Pokémon's design even more now when I could see its animations.

Anyway I was able to catch Morelull and nicknamed her Elvira and then return to Melemele Island and caught Tentacool - nicknamed Norman.

With my new members, I wasn't feeling like grinding and so I've moved to the Wela Volcano Park... And it was huge mistake. I didn't realize that 3/4 of my team are in disadvantage in the next Trial and how hard can that Alolan Marowak with Thick Club hit. I got steamrolled by the Totem Marowak on the 1st try. So I didn't grind again and went against it for the second time. And it was really close this time. I started with Norman and it survived with 8 HP after 1 Flame Wheel form the Totem Pokémon. I used Hydro Vortex and took down about 1/4 of Marowak's HP. Norman fainted next round and I sent out Igor and almost took Marowak down, but ti still survived with HP in the red zone. At this point, I thought I'm going to lose again. But then I realized that I was given Revives at one point of the game and so I used one on Igor and was able to finish Alolan Marowak and complete the Trial.

And so I think I'll just move to the room 17 for now AND I REALLY HOPE NEXT CURSE IS NOT LIGHT'S END, BECAUSE THAT WOULD REALLY SCREW MY WHOLE TEAM!!!

Team

charjabug.gif

Fester, Serious Male Charjabug @Quick Claw
lvl 24, Battery
- Bug Bite
- Acrobatics
- Spark
- Bite

alakazam.gif

Igor, Mild Male Alakazam
lvl 26, Inner Focus
- Reflect
- Psybeam
- Kinesis
- Disable

morelull.gif

Elvira, Rash Female Morelull @Tiny Mushroom
lvl 20, Illuminate
- Mega Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Astonish
- Moonlight

tentacool.gif

Norman, Relaxed Male Tentacool @Waterium Z
lvl 20, Clear Body
- Water Pulse
- Wrap
- Acid
- Toxic Spikes​

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019
I want to lift Starter-lock hex from all players. Gettting their starter locked is really sad since it usually the Pokemon you used the most though the journey.
and hi CodeHelmet, look like you made it here too. (how can you train your pokemon so fast anyway)
P/S: Shouldn't you edit the first post as well?

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Well, now that we're even deeper in the soup than before, let's move onto...

Episode 2 - Super Spooky Poison Party

Spoiler:

Years
This is my first post hopefully I'm doing this right!
What You Are Called: Coffee Jeans
What You Look Like: I look a lot like a Ditto after it transforms into me
What You Are Doing: Pokemon Fire Red Mansion Extravaganza
What is the Answer to Life?: That's pretty deep and it's like 8 am I'm gonna have to come back to this one
Room You Wish To Start In: 1
Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll have fun here.

Coffee Jeans enters the Mansion!
As a late attendant, you quickly move through the entrance door.

Cold wind hits you to the face and you hear the hooting of the Noctowl. It looks like there are trees all around you... Is this the curse of the Mansion? Check your character on the map for more informations.

There is only one way out of here and it leads to the room 7

I want to lift Starter-lock hex from all players. Gettting their starter locked is really sad since it usually the Pokemon you used the most though the journey.
and hi CodeHelmet, look like you made it here too. (how can you train your pokemon so fast anyway)

You're too kind to give players their starters back. If I checked it right, it will affect me, jdthebud and Radboy... Which means Radboy won't have any curse for the 1st part of the game. But I'm pretty sure Mansion will find the way to fix this.

And yeah, we should update the first post, I know about it, but kinda hoped that people won't notice until the end of the October, when would I edit it.

Do you hear it? We got our starters back!

But with the second lord of the mansion defeated, it is time to continue our investigation. I may as well try the statue.

BlissyMKW is spooked!
It's finally time for some action! You bravely pull the lever and... nothing happens...

You try again, but nothing happens... Is the statue broken?

What now? Disappointed, you're about to leave, when the statue jumps down the pedestal, glares at you and starts chasing you. It could as well turn into clown now and you wouldn't be surprised.

It chases you for a few minutes and it feels like you've run all over the whole Mansion at least twice, but you finally get rid of it. You find yourself in the whole new room with two tables full of food. You can choose 1 out of 4 plates.

Or you can go up to the room 32 or down to the room 21

Oh and by the way, you should be grateful to us, so this curse is put on you specially by the Event Host (NOTE: The First-encounter clause doesn't apply for the Pokémon you choose for this curse - so you can catch it on any road you've already been).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
CodeHelmet sleeps...
You lay on the couch, waiting for a well deserved sleep. Instead, you have nightmares about all the things you have witnessed in the Mansion.

Then you wake up in different room. There is Absol standing right in front of you.

"Before you leave, there is one choice to make: Put 2 more curses on one random player OR would you rather do nothing and have some more sleep?"

I'll place two more curses on a random player. Feels fitting don't you think? I must confess, that I've never beaten Lorelei with Rock moves until yesterday. Was surreal and the reason why is because Rock Pokemon typically are at a huge disadvantage except for Kabutops and Omastar(who I might use in my next Yellow run just to knock her out that way again).

It's not hard to train in Yellow. I've played it so long that I know good areas to grind and the hardest Pokémon to train are Bug Types... seriously go try a mono-Bug run on Gen 1. It's as hard, if not harder, than a mono-Fighting run.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Yay....but I'm much too far into the game to bring Mudkip back, and also he's part Ground so I can't use him anyway....sad.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Dumb question:
I clicked my character on the map and it says I have forests curse but I'm not sure what it does. How do I check what the curses mean?

Back