• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Magikarp gets its own theme song?!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I didn't realize that tPC actually made these videos (like apparently the Slowpoke one too) lol

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Wasn't this song played on their Magikarp website they had months ago?
    I may well have. I think the song existed a while ago but only in Japanese, and now has a dub.

I prefer the Slowpoke song personally. Also Sunkern rivals Magikarp in weakness and particularly potential. :V

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I may well have. I think the song existed a while ago but only in Japanese, and now has a dub.

I prefer the Slowpoke song personally. Also Sunkern rivals Magikarp in weakness and particularly potential. :V

...but Sunkern has a limited use. Doesn't it learn moves like Absorb? And if we're talking about useless with moves other than Splash what about Feebas?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ...but Sunkern has a limited use. Doesn't it learn moves like Absorb? And if we're talking about useless with moves other than Splash what about Feebas?
    Yeah, but its base stats are lower than Magikarp, and while Magikarp can evolve into Gyarados (who even has a Mega Evolution), Sunkern gets the almightly Sunflora. Magikarp meanwhile can get Bounce if we're talking one-on-one fights, so it can still do something despite a type disadvantage.

I believe Feebas learns HMs/TMs such as Surf and Ice Beam.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • somehow the magikarp song is still better than 99% of the songs on the popular charts

I didnt know the pokemon channel did this. pretty cool if ya ask me!

Years
  • I still prefer the Slowpoke song over this, but it's great nonetheless. Hopefully we see them do more silly songs like this more often, and hopefully next time it doesn't take them nearly a year to translate it.

Oh, and Magikarp No. 1 the Jumpion forever!

y8seNpB.png

Back