• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Challenger Approaches [Game Over]

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
I have been physically recruited
[##vote] Juno for not playing in a game for a long time!
I am in bae (;
[##Vote] this guy WHO ARE YOU
It might be in our favor, but I'm not particularly fond of the lack of a death.

Starting with an unusual question that will inevitably generate discussion:

Why do you think your factional kill failed?
what

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen today
I'd imagine so for this, but what worries me is the "violent plans into action" does this mean scum could be setting up?
Yeah, I would think so, but there are so many roles that have "set-up" abilities (if I'm understanding set-up as in actions that take more than one night to complete) it would kind of be hard to confirm which roles we actually have in the game.

Is it fair to assume that we have good Lucas and evil Icies? Is everyone on board with this or is this too wild of an assumption to make?

Also what the hell is going on in this thread?

Years
Yeah, I would think so, but there are so many roles that have "set-up" abilities (if I'm understanding set-up as in actions that take more than one night to complete) it would kind of be hard to confirm which roles we actually have in the game.

I'd say that's what he meant, yes.

Is it fair to assume that we have good Lucas and evil Icies? Is everyone on board with this or is this too wild of an assumption to make?

Also what the hell is going on in this thread?

I think it's not an unreasonable assumption, although it's too early to say it's a certainty.

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen today
I think it's not an unreasonable assumption, although it's too early to say it's a certainty.
Ok I guess we should watch the votes then, since Icies do get 2 votes. Though Marth and Ike also tamper with votes and there may be some analysis involved with that as well.

Also I ended up getting ninja'd by you when I posted previously. I think the Aldo situation is odd as well but he clearly stated that it was meant to generate discussion. It is really weird and I would like to know what's going on as well.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Right now I'm mainly interested in how Lulu responds to Aldo. I still want to know how Aldo knows that Lulu has a factional kill and that it failed, unless Lulu targeted Aldo and Aldo's role can alert them of that?

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
Years
It might be in our favor, but I'm not particularly fond of the lack of a death.

Starting with an unusual question that will inevitably generate discussion:

Why do you think your factional kill failed?

I don't have a killing role, so I don't know why you would think this

As for why THE factional kill failed, look at the role list

Lucas can PK Freeze(roleblock someone)
King DeeDeeDee can Puffed Up Mallet(protect AND roleblock someone)
and Ness can PSI Magnet(Protect someone)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Wouldn't be this, mafia kills don't count as a night action.
Waiting to see what Aldo says.
Actually, I've seen games on here where the Mafia Kill can be roleblocked, if they target the person carring it out. I think it's a dumb mechanic (I agree that it's not a night action), but there you go. Not sure if Naku is one of the GMs who sets it up that way though.

Years
Actually, I've seen games on here where the Mafia Kill can be roleblocked, if they target the person carring it out. I think it's a dumb mechanic (I agree that it's not a night action), but there you go. Not sure if Naku is one of the GMs who sets it up that way though.

Well, the general rule is that it is not a night action. I feel like Naku is more the type to stick with that.

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
I don't have a killing role, so I don't know why you would think this

As for why THE factional kill failed, look at the role list

Lucas can PK Freeze(roleblock someone)
King DeeDeeDee can Puffed Up Mallet(protect AND roleblock someone)
and Ness can PSI Magnet(Protect someone)

Hmm? Is that so?
I can't help but feel uncertain about that.

##Vote LuluRina

Years
You're making it painfully obvious that you somehow know something, why are you avoiding telling us how you know? Like, given your certainty I'm fairly sure that you're right but it's a little unnerving.

Years
##vote LuluRina

Honestly yeah, i'd be weird to false claim so early in the game. I still want a proper response to be sure, but I don't think it is likely he's lying.

Years
I mean at least Jolt has given us some insight into part of their ability, so thanks for that. Nice to see you back at your usual playstle also.

Bear in mind that as much as we want Aldo to elaborate, now probably isn't the time; if we get too much insight into the role then the naughty factions may decide it's curtains for Aldo. Happy to trust the claim for now and see instead what the rest of you decide to do with the current situation.

##vote LuluRina

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen today
I'm not entirely convinced by Aldo's argument here - definitely not enough to make a vote. I think he's being a bit suspicious, and it's making me slightly uncomfortable. Of course, LuluRina's defense isn't anything special, but what else can you give at this point? Isn't it entirely possible that Aldo is scum (and therefore knows with high probability who isn't scum) and is just randomly pointing fingers? I'm not saying I think LuluRina is for certain innocent or Aldo is for certain scum, but personally I'd definitely want something more substantial than "Hmm? Is that so?"

Maybe I'm inexperienced and these types of situations are common, but something about it just rubs me the wrong way. Aren't there characters that show up the wrong way on reports anyway? the only for certain way he could know is if he were Kirby? Am I understanding these abilities correctly?

I'd also like to hear from any of the people that didn't comment yet: Charlie Brown, Del, Juno, and Doof. Mainly because I want to determine whether they're being inactive or if we're dealing with the Cult person as well.

EDIT: crap got ninja'd again

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023

Well, the general rule is that it is not a night action. I feel like Naku is more the type to stick with that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do think Naku uses the "mafia hammer vote" mechanic, which means that whoever actually carries out the vote has the kill treated as a night action. Maybe he could elaborate on it.

I'm not going to jump on the Lulu wagon just yet, mainly because I still want to know how Aldo knows about the factional kill and all that. Literally any evidence would persuade me at this point, because Lulu's defense was rather flimsy.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Right, I've seen all I needed to see here.

##Vote LuluRina

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I'm not entirely convinced by Aldo's argument here - definitely not enough to make a vote. I think he's being a bit suspicious, and it's making me slightly uncomfortable. Of course, LuluRina's defense isn't anything special, but what else can you give at this point? Isn't it entirely possible that Aldo is scum (and therefore knows with high probability who isn't scum) and is just randomly pointing fingers? I'm not saying I think LuluRina is for certain innocent or Aldo is for certain scum, but personally I'd definitely want something more substantial than "Hmm? Is that so?"

Maybe I'm inexperienced and these types of situations are common, but something about it just rubs me the wrong way. Aren't there characters that show up the wrong way on reports anyway? the only for certain way he could know is if he were Kirby? Am I understanding these abilities correctly?

I'd also like to hear from any of the people that didn't comment yet: Charlie Brown, Del, Juno, and Doof. Mainly because I want to determine whether they're being inactive or if we're dealing with the Cult person as well.

EDIT: crap got ninja'd again

yeah it is possible aldo is scum but if lulu flips inno then aldo is almost certainly dead tmr. i think it would be too risky for him to softclaim cop with such certainty like this if only to buy one inno death

also should i PEWPEWPEW lulu from memory there's a maf role that can sabotage guns so i would like to use mine today so it doesn't potentially turn useless

also
wary of GP AND EC Largely
jumping onto the bandwagon without much comment eps EC- what exactly have u seen that is enough
sorry mobile post and i'm
late for work so not fixing formstting

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
[##vote] Juno for not playing in a game for a long time!
Good to be back, missed u too :fufu:

I, too would like to hear more from Aldo if he's willing to elaborate on what he knows, but for now it's not looking good for Lulu. 5qwerty and CB both have a point - on one hand, there's really no sound defense for Lulu at this point, either they are inno and Aldo is making a wild claim, in which case all they can really do is deny the claim (which they did - or I suppose they can also reveal who they are), but on the other hand, I also doubt Aldo would make a claim like that unless they are fairly certain Lulu will not flip town. So with that said, I'm currently leaning more towards voting Lulu, unless more info comes to light.

##vote LuluRina

Just wondering, but like for Jolt's role then, would that be how the "vote counts twice" mechanic works regardless of alignment? I was under the assumption he would just vote for the same person and that vote would be counted twice, but if he is willing to show who he is this early on, I assume he's inno (or he's actually maf and that's what he wants us to think) and that would also mean Lucas is inno?

Back