• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Do You Brush Your Teeth?

How do you brush your teeth? (Action) Multiple Choice

• From Lower to Upper Jaw

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • From Upper to Lower Jaw

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • From Any Section/Randomly

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Sometimes or Always use an alternative way of cleaning my teeth

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don't brush my teeth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2024
    Sometimes we brush our teeth twice a day on the regular basis, but it's very important to brush as brushing our teeth can protect us from cavity buildup and gingivitis. How do you brush your teeth?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2024
    ...Randomly? This is not something I even think about, if I'm being honest, the direction in which I brush my teeth.

Let me elaborate: by randomly I'm saying brushing your teeth completely by brushing certain sections of your teeth at one part to another. It's like going to brush one jaw section of a few teeth then going on a different jaw section to brush more of in a fast pace; despite not completing one whole section, as it adds up, your teeth can eventually be clean.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I guess I'm weird, I always start at the top right, then bottom right, then front, then top left and bottom left. Then front again until my toothbrush alerts I've met the recommended three minutes.

It's just like.. the routine I follow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    erratically with my left hand to train my brain, like an Advanced Homo Sapien

Years
  • I always have a set pattern! I go top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left with my electric toothbrush. Then I'll get my regular toothbrush and quickly brush in front and behind my front teeth area, since the electric toothbrush doesn't clean too well over there without making a mess lol. It's oddly shaped for those areas too.

I don't brush my teeth

I'd be surprised if anyone says this, then I remember my dad brushed his teeth like once a week and only got his first cavity in his 40s or 50s.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Let me elaborate: by randomly I'm saying brushing your teeth completely by brushing certain sections of your teeth at one part to another. It's like going to brush one jaw section of a few teeth then going on a different jaw section to brush more of in a fast pace; despite not completing one whole section, as it adds up, your teeth can eventually be clean.

Uh... then I think I brush the top row first, then proceed to the bottom. Front first, then back? I suppose I just never think about how I brush my teeth since it's... a trivial matter to me. Just something I get over with and get on with my day.

Years
  • Starting point is random as I pay no attention to it whatsoever, but I finish whatever half I start with first before moving on to the other.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I start in the lower left, then work my way around to the lower right, upper right, and then upper left. Then I brush the fronts, and focus a lot on brushing the backs cuz I always manage to miss spots on my inside-front teeth. That's for any time I brush. At night, I go a step further and I'll floss, brush through very quickly and gently again, and then mouthwash.

I always brush my teeth twice a day, and sometimes I'm gonna go out or I had a dessert or sometimes I just don't like the way my mouth feels and I'll brush in the afternoon.

I've always had good dental hygiene and I hate bad breath and weird mouth feels so I have to clean my mouth to get it out.

Years
    • Seen today
    My head is usually 10,000 miles away when doing something like this. I'm usually daydreaming or not even thinking about the task.

I think the correct term is autopilot. When you do something so frequently it becomes instinctive.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My dentist told me the proper way to brush is to start from the bottom of the tooth and "flick" the toothbrush up. This removes the most amount of gunk hiding in between them. I do that for a couple rounds, then soft circular motions at the end for good measure. I also stopped gargling with water after. I learned that that removes a lot of the fluoride.

Back