• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you travel?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
  • I've seen my family back in Canada once this year. I am aiming to visit every 3/4ths of a year or so- it is an 8 hour flight. I also visit my boyfriend every other week or so, and that is 3-4 hours on the train.

I want to visit a lot of places in Europe, as well, so hopefully I will get to go sometime soon :3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Outside of family vacations as a child, I've never travelled. I've only been outside of my state twice, otherwise it's just travelling to other places in the state. My dad is a tightass, so that would be why.

Now that I'm old enough, I intend to start travelling... not quite sure when though, but at some point in the next few years :)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I've been all over the United States from childhood to now. My parents always took my brother and I on vacations. When we were younger it was mostly along the Gulf coast (Mississipi, Alabama, and Florida), but as I've gotten older I've traveled to probably about 25 or so states out of the 50 :)

I've never been out of the country though. :(

Z_Z

Zzz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2012
    Normally twice a year. Depends how far and how long, but I use all my annual leave on traveling. Japan on Thursday!

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • twice a year of me and my daughter
    Sweden at Easter holiday because her dad's parents live there
    and England at New year because my parents live there.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Other than family vacations or school trips I've never travelled, but I'd like to! I'd love to go to places like Germany, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, those kinds of places - they seem to cool and cosy xD But nah, other than once a year family vacation usually still in England and a few trips to France I've never really travelled :p

Years
  • I've been to Japan a couple of times, to Hawaii once when I was little, and I've been to Nevada, but only to Reno. Outside of those I just travel an hour or so to San Francisco sometimes. Maybe once every month or two. When I was in Japan though I did travel a lot within the country. I was living in the biggest prefecture so going places often meant several hours of train rides. I've actually been to more prefectures in Japan than states in the United States even though I've lived almost all my life here.

Years
  • Maybe 5-10 times a year tops? I hardly ever leave town since I can't drive, but there are some times that I do. Like right now, I'm actually at my sister's house out of town. :D I also visit Nebraska at least once a year for Christmas, more if I can manage it.

I don't go farther away than a few states. I'm not sure how much mileage that would be, but I'm never more than 10ish hours away from home.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I travel around once or twice a year, usually to the US/Canada to see relatives or to other countries like Thailand or China.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Besides work, the other times I get to travel is when I'm invited to an event (like Wild Waves or Puyallup Fair, or other outside Seattle events).

Very rarely do I get travel outside of Washington state. Maybe one every 4-5 years

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Every two years or so? Usually to Canada, or places by New York City. I've only ever gone places via plane 3 times.

Years
  • Hm, usually 4 or 5 times a year (not counting day trips to another state) to close-ish states. (although occasionally I'll travel across America by plane) Although starting a couple of summers ago, I seem to be going to Europe once every year...hopefully that continues ;)

Years
  • Aside from day/field trips (which I can only remember taking one of in the last 4 years), I haven't really done much travelling at all. The furthest I've ever gone was only about an hour long flight to the next province (which I've done twice in the last ten years, and only a few times before that), and we only stayed about a week each time while visiting family.

I would love to have the opportunity to travel in the future, though. There are so many places I'd like to see, and I haven't even come close to the tip of the iceberg yet.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Mexico is just a 15 min car ride away and I go there almost every weekend to see family.

In terms of long-term traveling, I visit faraway places in Mexico or San Diego or even Los Angeles sometimes. ^_^ Those happen like every 4 times a year or so.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I usually travel 3 or 4 times a year. It's mainly for holidays and to visit family and such. We don't go on vacation alot, the last time we did was 2 years ago.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Only for school functions.

Last school function I had was my senior trip in 2010 to Disney World (I live in Jersey and don't feel like doing the math), so that was the last time I travelled. Unless you're being very technical about it, in which case I travelled to the kitchen for some water an hour ago and am about to travel to the bathroom to pee.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Pretty often? If anything, I try/hope that I travel to one play at least once a year. This year it was to Washington in order to visit my dad. Fact, family is usually the reason why I travel at all but there have been other times when we have travel for different reasons. Haven't really done so since my Graduation when we went on a cruise, however. Before that it was a road trip to Colorado. Everything else other than those two have been family oriented.

But! I've been to quite a few places. A few states in the US (Colorado, Florida, Arizona, Minnesota, New York, etc etc) and a few countries out of states down in Central and South America. Looking forward to the next time I get to travel, even if it's only to a city an hour away or something.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I love to travel. My family tries to get away whenever we can. This summer we went to New York City for the third time. We should be headed to Las Vegas for a second time this October/November. And we're hoping to go to California this December/January.

At the some point in the near future, is our fifth (I think? Might be sixth?) trip to Walt Disney World. We're waiting for the Fantasyland expansion to complete. We're big Disney people. Disneyland will definitely be part of our California trip. And we checked out Disneyland Paris when we went to France.

France was a few years back. Three week trip! One week in Paris. One week in the south of France. And one week driving from Paris down to the south touring and staying at little villages along the way. Great trip.

I went to Washington, D.C. last year. And Ottawa the year before that. Done Montreal in the past too and Quebec City

Close get-aways include a week or longweekend of beachness. Sometimes we do Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake.

.... short answer: Lately, we've been trying for one big trip a year (involving a plane) and one trip to the beach. This year we had no beach trip, but also somehow potentially three big trips.

Back