• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon game

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I'd say my favorite is either HeartGold or SoulSilver. Although I'm still partial to the nostalgic GSC graphics, having a larger pool of Pokémon to choose from is always great. If there had been a Retro Goggles item to pair with GB Sounds, and if they hadn't removed room-decoration, these games would've been perfect in my eyes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
FireRed/LeafGreen.

Why? Because they are the 1st Gen games that I started with, but with a detailed and consistent 32-bit pixel art.

My second favourite would be Crystal.

Years
Favourite main series game? Pokemon Platinum. For the simple reason that hardly a thing beats the Battle Frontier experience I've had then. Plus I've had tons of memories playing it with my friends irl that's also fun.

Favourite spinoff is PMD: Explorers of Sky. Nothing much needs to be said that hasn't already been said about this game; it's been praised enough as it is and for good reason. To be honest, I really think this might be my favourite Pokemon game overall, over all the main series ones.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i love emerald and crystal. i never get tired of them and can always easily go back to them. as far as spin offs go, i'm going with pokemon colosseum. even though there's a significant limit on what you can use on your team, it's still my favorite spin off and i replay it at least once every year, typically. was actually planning on starting a new file tomorrow.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
Pokemon White 2 is my favourite pokemon game because its selection of pokemon was the widest up until that time. Also, the gyms (themes) are fabulous there.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
It definitely have to be HGSS, with Platinum being the close call. Giratina and Distortion World was so amazing. But at that, HGSS really filled up my memories of playing Pokemon Yellow albeit being able to have alllllll the existing Pokemon back then follows you through. I really love having my Shiny Miltank walking w/ me for sure. And the PokeWalker that came w/ HGSS was fun.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
GSC/HGSS with one set being stronger than the other in various regards. Silver was my first game so it has nostalgia points, while HGSS were pretty darn good games in their own right and full of content.

Credit to Platinum and particularly B2W2 as well; they were very fun games too and like HGSS full of content.

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
If its about official game, then its Black/White 2
The feeling of Unova along with new story and so many pokemon, i just love it!
And if its about fan game,
Then my only choice is Pokemon Adventures Red Chapter
Yeah its not completed yet and it will take some time(maybe by 2025)
But its fascinating storyline and gameplay always keeps me engaged with the game-to play more and more

Years
Emerald's Battle Frontier is still the most fun I've had playing a Pokemon game, so I always rank Emerald as my favorite game. HG/SS were really good though, and if they had just copy + pasted Emerald's Battle Frontier instead of Platinum's, it would easily be #1 on my list.

Years
My favorite is Pokemon mystery dungeon eos
Reason: 1. Amazing story
2. Beautiful OST
3. Unexpected plot twists
In the core series heart gold is my favorite because of 2 regions, nostalgic OST's, following Pokemon's etc.

Last edited:

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Emerald. Ruby was the very first Pokémon game I got, but Emerald was an expanded and revamped version of it. It'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Explorers of Sky and Platinum would be a close second and third. Their storylines were so good.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Pokemon Emerald still holds up as my favorite followed my HGSS. Emerald cause it takes everything so great about Ruby and Sapphire and made it even better. The Rayquaza storyline is probably one of the best plots in any Pokemon game and the available Pokemon and the inclusion of the Battle Frontier make it my most replayed Pokemon game ever. HGSS takes everything I love about Gold and Silver and enhances it. The Pokeathalon is one of the funnest and enticing features in the games and such a nice new feature. Plus the added nostalgia that these games bring make it even better.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
My favorites are the 5th gen ones, both B/W and B2/W2. They've always had a special meaning to me: the soundtrack, the story, the gameplay, the Pokémon animations... I'm just in love with all of that. :) It also feels nostalgic whenever I play either of them, even though they're not the first ones I've played

Years
My favorites are the 5th gen ones, both B/W and B2/W2. They've always had a special meaning to me: the soundtrack, the story, the gameplay, the Pokémon animations... I'm just in love with all of that. :) It also feels nostalgic whenever I play either of them, even though they're not the first ones I've played

Exactly this. And Pokémon Black was the first Pokémon game I ever owned, so it's doubly as excellent.

Otherwise, it's Omega Ruby. A genuinely great game that kept me hooked. There's nothing I can criticise about it, and the lack of character customisation is as refreshing as it gets. It also felt like you really could catch them all, what with that deal in the sky with all of those outer-region 'mons. The difficulty spike was also a neat surprise, but maybe that's just me.

Thirdly, Pokémon Pearl. Nostalgia.

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
For me it's a surprisingly difficult split between ORAS and BW/B2W2. Sapphire on the GBA was my first ever Pokemon game when I was seven, so that obviously has special meaning for me, so seeing the remakes on the 3DS was like a dream back in 2014.

Gen 5 on the other hand is just amazing in its own way. For the first time we got a really good story that didn't follow the typical Pokemon formula (which didn't last because it reduced sales), and Unova is a beautiful region with tons of contrast in each area, so it always feel fresh wherever you go. Of course, the soundtrack in those games was also flat out perfect in my opinion, really capturing the feel of every route, town, and city.

With all these amazing aspects to both games, I really can't decide between the two. I'm currently playing through Black 2 again after more than a year, so maybe I'll have a more definitive idea after that.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Pokepark (1) Wii - a really emotional child friendly game with no agressive side (unlike it's sequel)

Back