• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Random' VMs.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Do you send a lot of 'random' VMs? By that, I mean VMs with no real topic to start the conversation other than just for the sake of saying hi, or VMs to someone you've yet to speak with who you'd like to get to know a little bit?

And when receiving them, how do you feel? Are you surprised, pleased, or maybe even worried by someone taking so much interest in you? If you receive a random VM from a staff member do you react differently? Do you get a lot of them?

Who was the last person you sent a random VM to or received one from?

gogogogogo.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Do you send a lot of 'random' VMs? By that, I mean VMs with no real topic to start the conversation other than just for the sake of saying hi, or VMs to someone you've yet to speak with who you'd like to get to know a little bit?
>I don't personally send a lot of random ones out. I probably could meet a lot of people if I did, but I guess I am a little shy that way. XD

And when receiving them, how do you feel? Are you surprised, pleased, or maybe even worried by someone taking so much interest in you? If you receive a random VM from a staff member do you react differently? Do you get a lot of them?
>It depends on what the message itself is. XD If it's "Hey! What's up?" I'm like "Someone new to talk to!" But if it's "Hey Pikapal" I am more like "Huh, I wonder what they want?"

And if staff I didn't know randomly VMed me, I would be kinda like "Huh. I wonder what's up. Maybe they just wanna chat? Let's hope. XD"

Pfft, you know. XD But for everyone else, jsyk, it's Razor Leaf himself. XD

Raizhu

the end
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
If I'm interested in getting to know somebody, I'll send them a VM. I'm a fairly shy person though, so that doesn't happen a lot. I occasionally will compliment somebody on their avi, signature, etc., however.
I'm always happy to start a conversation with somebody, so if somebody sends me a VM I'm pleased. If it's a staff member, I guess that's sort of cool. I don't get a lot of random VM's, though.
I believe the last person I sent a random VM to was Meganium90. I was commenting on her cute avi. =P

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Do you send alot of random VMs?
No, I usually VM for a reason. Sometimes I will VM someone when I want to chat, to ask a question, or comment someone's avatar or something.

I usually dont expect VMs. I dontreally recieve alot. Im sometimes taken by surprise. If its from a staff memeber Im usually surprised but please that they've taken interest in me or even viewed my profile. I usually always answer any VMs I receive.

Ayselipera

For random vms that have no topic I send those all the time. As for talking to someone I haven't already spoken to, not usually unless I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm pleased no matter who I get it from. Even if I might think it's dumb or whatever. Adds a little excitement to my super exciting day. Annnd I don't get many.

A random one to a friend: Scarf
A random one to someone I didn't talk to before: Kenshin5

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Do you send a lot of 'random' VMs? By that, I mean VMs with no real topic to start the conversation other than just for the sake of saying hi, or VMs to someone you've yet to speak with who you'd like to get to know a little bit?: Sometimes, if not most of the time.

And when receiving them, how do you feel? Are you surprised, pleased, or maybe even worried by someone taking so much interest in you? If you receive a random VM from a staff member do you react differently? Do you get a lot of them?: For the most part, surprised.

Who was the last person you sent a random VM to or received one from?: Don't remember.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I send VMs but always with some kind of topic in mind, like I liked their signature, saw a post that intrigued me, etc. But my reaction to VMs varies drastically with my ability to pay attention to my computer and my boredom. I like VMs but when I'm busy or don't feel like replying, if anyone VMs me I'm just like "ughhh go awayyy >:/" But then I reply anyway usually, lol.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I rarely send random ones, but when I do it is a gif that I found amusing and wanted to spam somewhere. Or just saying Hi. That's to friends, though. If it's someone I don't really know I actually have some content in there.

It's interesting receiving them, I guess. I mean, from someone new it's somewhat irritating because I personally would have put some proper text in if I wanted to talk or get to know someone. From friends it's fun because it's another start to a conversation, however bland or strange it may be. From staff it always provokes the immediate "what did I do wrong" reaction, which is quickly brushed off. And usually since the staff members who VM me are friends I don't even notice the status lol. I don't get a ton of them, mainly cause people I VM and who VM me do it to talk.

Um the last person I sent a random one to was I think Live cause I had a gif to put somewhere and I was already spamming up Bloo's profile. Last person I got one from was johnny18 cause of my most fantastic avatar. Person I've got the most from is of course Shawn. :>

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I used to send random VMs a lot. I stopped mostly because people didn't reply to them. Now I send VMs with content to start a conversation. It works better.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
lol no I never send random VMs. But I do remember back in the day when the PM system was the only form of individual communication, I would send plenty of random PMs and I made quite a few friends that way, actually. Most of which I don't talk to much anymore, though.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Uh, I don't really send random VM's... But yeah I barely chat with anyone on PC anymore so... And if I get a random VM I usually ignore it. Sorry!

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
I used to sent tooooonsss of random VMs because I was really bored but nowdays I don't do so unless if I really want to get to know that person. xD; And I do sometimes receive random VMs and I reply to all of them :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, I like sending stupid VMs. I spam Hiidoran with them all the time. :| And if he doesn't like it, then he can go climb a tree. If I get them, I'll probably respond, however I'm a little weirded out when it's from someone I've never talked to. Cause it's just like...well, obviously I don't have any inside jokes with that person, since I've never talk to them. So a random weird VM like "port side road skins" would just make me reply with "okay" lol. Last random VM I got was from Live Wire. He was ruffling his feathers.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I send random vms all the time, seriously. Look at my conversations with Toujours, Vrai, Kaori, Opposite Day and... I can't think of anyone else I send/have recently sent really random stuff to longer than like 2 or 3 vms, lol. But everyone else it's like a random vm of idek. I only do it with my friends though cause everyone else I'm paranoid would think I'm crazy and want to delete idk.

BUT, either way, for example last night I went around vming a few people something to do with #tpc in a Drakow-esque way and nobody really cared. :3

As for replying, lol yeah you're lucky to get a reply out of me that is longer than a page in one time period. :x /terrible at replying

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I used to send a lot of random VMs before. I choose a person from my Recent Visitors tab, visit their profile, and just leave them a random HI HOW ARE YOU visitor message. :P Today...not that much anymore...I usually just let people VM me instead of me VMing them. lol

The only person I send VMs to...because I can... is my pair quilzel. He likes them. :P

How do I feel about receiving VMs? I feel pretty happy, actually. More like "omg this person wants to talk to me. yay!" The last person that VMed me was my PC brother Hybrid Trainer. :3 I'm quite happy that we're VMing again. :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I don't really send VMs. The last one I randomly sent was to Skymin. It was indeed a random one actually. Just stopped by to say hi and congratulate her on modship. We talked for a bit, and well yeah. I mostly just respond to those that are sent to me.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I love to random VM people just simply because there is something about their profiles that I like and I want to make friend with them ^^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Usually I'll only send a random VM to a person that I've posted in their Welcome thread and I'm interested in getting to know them more. I don't mind getting getting random VM's myself, and I'll usually reply unless it's clearly spammy.

I haven't gotten too many random VM's from staff, to be honest.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years

I get a small amount of random vm's, and usually by all the same person xD

I am usually pleased someone will take the time out to vm me, Staff or not

The last one was Vaporeon7, giving me my free kick XP

Back