• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Who's your starter?

Rowlet, Cyndaquil, or Oshawott?

• Rowlet

Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 50 43.9%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 27 23.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Rowlet for me :0 hoot hoot :)

Plus I think it fits a theme of long ago like archers and people similar to Robin Hood :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No idea, honestly. I find the starter selection... Quite odd. A samurai, a blazing echidna and an archer owl? Would have been in the feudal style well enough if they had used Fennekin (magician/shaman) instead of Cyndaquil, imo.

That being said, I most often pick the Fire starter in games so I imagine I would do so here too haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I'm personally very torn between cyndaquil and rowlet, if nintendo finally lets me have multiple saves, I may just run two concurrent games with each.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Very much Rowlet. I liked its final evo in Moon and it served me quite well in that game, as well. I was never a huge fan of Samurott and while Typhlosion has a massive nostalgia factor as it was my first starter ever in the gen 2 games, its design got kinda ruined when they showed its 3D model.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Probably Oshawott, since Oshawott is my favorite amongst the three. To be honest, though, all three are really good, so even if I say that, I think I'll have a hard time choosing since you'll probably only get one since I doubt I can trade with people to get the others.

Years
    • Seen today
    My heart would pick either Cyndaquil or Rowlet, but thing is, my heart has already picked them more than once in past games, so my brain would choose Oshawott because I never had one on my team yet.

Never had Cyndaquil on a 3D main game though, so I'd actually like to see that (IF it has its flames, because otherwise it looks less interesting)

Years
  • Cyndaquill, simpy because it's the one that I haven't seen or used the longest. Used Rowlet multiple times in gen 7. Never really liked Oshawott.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Oshawott is kinda random, since Unova is supposed to be so far away. And Rowlet is just.... eeehh.
    5 things:
    1) japan has otters and owls
    2) Samurott is samurai based and was always meant to be of Japanese decent.
    Sugimori: "Then we do another division of roles for the evolved forms. This time around — because the Unova region has a racially diverse human population — we decided to make the starter Pokémon's evolutions symbolize the cultures of Japan, the West, and China. Snivy's final evolution, Serperior, was designed with the concept of a European knight in mind, kind of like Lady Oscar from The Rose of Versailles. Tepig's final evolution, Emboar, stands up on two legs and becomes humanoid, so we imagined him as Zhang Fei from the Chinese Romance of the Three Kingdoms. After we decided on the Fire and Grass types, we still had to decide on Oshawott's evolutions — so we made them into Japanese Samurai. When we came up with the idea that Dewott can remove the shell from his stomach and use it as a weapon, we felt we'd succeeded in making him a Samurai."
    -http://lavacutcontent.com/ken-sugimori-nintendo-dream-3/
    3) Decidueye is the practically the only ninja among the grass type starters, given that their sticking to the normal 3 elements and one the covert jobs of a ninja was to stealthily eliminate samurai, often at the request of other samurai, its pretty obvious why it was chosen as the only other ninja among the starters is a water type, while the only other starter that was samurai-like was a grass type which doesn't fit as well with the dynamic.
    4) Typhlosion is most likely the Yokai of the group, namely a Mujina
    you can even see the resemblance
    vBPUy7R.jpg

600px-157Typhlosion.png

might also have a bit of monk mixed in and yes feniken might have fit better thematically as yokai, but they also seem to have been avoiding 1st gen, 4th & 8th gen starters while keeping a gap between generations most likely to have the starters cater to different age groups that where not already attended by home/sw/sh/bd/sp while still remaining in theme(gen 2, gen 5, gen 7) gf also seems to try and keep all non-mythical pokemon around in each generation so theres a good chance that the 3ed and 6th gen starters will be available between BD/SP/legends
    5) each one represents part of the land; Samurott represents rivers, Decidueye represents the forest & Typhlosion represents the volcanos

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Cyndaquil has many memories for me Gold was the first Pokemon game I ever really owned and Cyndaquil was my first ever starter the poor thing needs some more love.

Years
    • he/she/they
    • Seen Dec 5, 2021
    im gonna go rowlet all the way! it was the first starter i ever picked (ultra moon stans rise up) and i will forever love my round little owl baby ❤

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    I'm in an odd position where I don't like any of the 3.

I guess Cyndaquill? I'm hoping they make Typhlosion more exciting, since I always felt like it was just as lesser Charizard.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    Cyndaquil definitely brings back memories, but Oshawott is my favourite. (:[/FONT]

Clarabelle

~Elegant and sweet Mademoiselle~
    Years
  • I will probably choose Oshawott or Cyndaquil. They are both so cute and their final evolution is super cool and strong.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Well I think I will pick Rowlet at the beginning. I set a rule for myself that I will only use pokemons that are created for that region only so if I have a chance, I will go with Riolu as my starter

Back