• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your top three favorite types!

Ys

Wandering Spirit
Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    1. Ice: Ice Pokémon tend to be elegant and majestic (Cloyster, Articuno, Dewgong, Glaceon, Lapras)

2. Dark: they look strong and also elegant in a proud way (Zoroark, Mightyena, Absol, Umbreon, Houndoom)

3. Not sure. Maybe Fire because I tend to choose Fire starters and a lot of Fire types look cute and/or strong. But also water because water Pokémon also tend to be elegant and have nice designs.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    1. Flying: It's a type filled with an array of different pokemon. I find many flying types to be aesthetically pleasing and I've always desired to have wings of my own and fly through the sky!

source.gif

2. Psychic: I've always been a huge fan of psychic types! They all have splendid designs and I've always been fascinated with telekinesis, mind control and other psychic capabilities!

giphy.gif

3. Fairy: Fairy types are so adorable! I just love their designs and I've always had an interest with mythology and deities including fairies and sprites!

EarnestUnsteadyHeron-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
    Years
  • For me, I'd have to say that, in order, my favorite types are..

tumblr_odlwbogLqx1ttdkobo1_400.gif

1. Fire
    Favorite Pokemon: Arcanine
    I don't really know why, but ever since my second game I've had a strong preference for fire types, and I've only ever failed to put a fire type in my team for one game, Pokemon Diamond. Anyone who has played Diamond will probably know why this was the case, given I'm not a fan of monkeys. Hilariously, I actually strongly dislike intense heat, and prefer to be in colder climates. It's always easier to warm up than to cool down, after all. And yet, I guess I'm drawn by the warmth of the type, like a moth to a flame. (Har har) Maybe I'm a pyromaniac? Or maybe I just enjoy the warm feeling of a good fire when it's cold out? Who knows. It definitely helps that fire types are usually very easy to locate.

tumblr_n30n1oQ3Aw1rjenv2o1_500.gif

2. Dark
    Favorite Pokemon: Absol
    I know you're probably thinking it. "Fire and Dark are your top two? You must like Houndoom!" ... Well yes, yes I do, but there are plenty of other Pokemon of this type I like. Absol, Mightyena, Honchkrow, Umbreon, Hydreigon, the list is pretty big. I really enjoy the aesthetic of the majority of Dark types, They look tough, like they mean business, like they'll knock you out just for looking at 'em funny. The thing is, many Dark types are also surprisingly soft-hearted. I can kinda relate. Without my glasses on I kinda have a scary face. Many years of ill fortune have basically etched a permanent scowl into my features, which my glasses partially hide. On the inside, though, I'm really sensitive and break really easily.
    Another thing that I really enjoy about the Dark type is the fighting style. They're combat pragmatists. Dark type moves are full of secondary negative effects for the opponent, ranging from flinching to confusion to not being able to use items. Given my usual strategy is nothing more than charge in and throw out all the powerful moves, using a Dark type actually causes me to consider strategizing sometimes.

tumblr_mjfsbbQNQc1rjmd88o2_500.gif

3. Electric
    Favorite Pokemon: Luxray
    Now this, right here? Wasn't always the case. Used to be Water type on account of my constant use of it. But, I have almost always raised an Electric type in every game too, and joining Team Instinct and gaining team pride kinda sealed the deal. On top of being good at stopping opponents from attacking with paralysis, most Electric types are quick on their feet, usually sacrificing defense for speed and power. This is also something I relate to, as while I can be pretty fast as needed, I've got next to no endurance to work with. One thing in particular that Electric types can do that brought them higher in my type fave list is actually how they're used in Pokemon Ranger, using their electricity to either power electrical objects or to recharge the Ranger's Capture Styler. Imagine how handy it'd be to be able to ask your electric type Pokemon to recharge a phone that's low on battery if you can't get to the next Pokemon Center in time to charge it normally! Of course, the better option would be to keep it charged, either by not using it actively or using a power bank. Not all Electric types are good at holding back their power after all.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • 1. Ghost
    I am fascinated by Ghosts and other paranormal phenomenon in real life, and the ghost type is a personification of that. I love Many Ghost types too, like Banette, Jellicent and Froslass.

2. Ice
    I do not like the cold in real life, but I do enjoy ice types a whole lot. They are very rare and often very beautiful, mystical or very cool. Favorites include Froslass, Jynx and Avalugg.

3. Grass
    Nature is very important and beautiful and many grass types show exactly how beautiful but also deadly mother nature can be. Favorites include Celebi, Cottonee and Serperior.

SirDeoxys

Deoxys in a suit
    Years
  • My favorite type (1) is a perfect tie between ghost and dark. I don't know how to choose between the two, but I love myself an edgy boi or a spooky boi.

Second favorite (2) is ice, probably because I just always liked cold and ice monsters in RPG games.

Third favorite (3) is normal. Simply because it's either the "nothing or all" type. It's like a perfect neutral. Except it's weak to fighting type so...

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    1. Water. This one is definitely my favorite. I almost always use a water starter, and I've always been a fan of water type Pokémon and water type moves. Blue also happens to be my favorite color, so the coloring associated with the water type is also appealing.

2. Probably Electric. Thunderbolt is awesome. And I like Pikachu a lot.

3. Probably Fire. It's another basic element, but there's something I like about it, and there are a lot of fire types that I'm fond of.

I also like Psychic, perhaps because of its legacy in gen 1 as this super-powerful type with few counters (because the bug type moves available didn't do much, and the other countering types were limited). I also like the cerebral air it has. Additionally, I really like the moves Ice Beam and Earthquake, though those alone aren't enough to make Ice or Ground top my types list.

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
    Years
  • Normal is definitely my favourite. Because I like their designs and they feel more like "Pokemons" from the original concept. I just like how Miltank is basically a random cow, or Tauros a bull. I played with them for a while.
    Next is ghost, because Gengar rocks.
    Third one would be grass, because Mega venusaur is bae

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I've always liked Grass, Psychic and Ice just because of the terrain manipulation

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Dark and ghost are my top two because I never got out of my goth phase. As for the third, it's pretty hard for me to choose between electric and fire. They're both awesome elemental types!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    1. Dark. Dark types are awesome. Zoroark, Darkrai, Yveltal, etc. Awesome looks and designs.

2. Ghost. I love Pokémon like Cofagrigus, Polteageist, Cursola. They have awesome designs.

3. Water. Sea monsters are awesome. Lapras, Gyarados, even things like Golisopod are awesome.

Years
  • 1. Ice
    2. Fairy
    3. Bug

The first two are just so pretty. Plus, they're great offensive types, and I'm someone that prefers offensive Pokémon to defensive Pokémon.

As for Bug, I'm not really sure why. I think it's just that a lot of my favorites are Bug types. Araquanid, Golisopod, and Yanmega come to mind, as well as my favorite Gen 8 Pokémon, Frosmoth.

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • Really hard for me. In my current mood, I would go for Fighting, Psychic and Dark (ironic that the three are weak against the successive one lol).

Back