• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you! (Version 20XX)

pkmin3033

9/10. The only FFIX track you'll see me praise, haha. Despite FFIX being a terrible game, that's a pretty atmospheric and engaging track! Shame about the boss battle it plays in...and that it's in this game at all and not one of the good ones.
    Plus one of my first forum usernames was "The Dark Messenger" because of this track...I was a teenager once. xD

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
  • 7.5/10. Not the best ice track theme, but in its fairness, this one does have a good amount of energy to it that I can appreciate.

Time to be repetitive and post another GilvaSunner ost video musical piece from Nintendo. Remember not to step in water when you're a cloud parent.

pkmin3033

8/10...god, why was this not included instead of Sunshine in the All-Stars collection. It's quite uplifting and puts me more in mind of a Ghibli movie than a Mario game, honestly.

Time to pull something out of the lost and forgotten annals of mobile gaming:

Years
  • 9/10
    The fuck? Why is this game's music so good lmao. It almost sounds like something out of FFX.
    I was not at all expecting that.

Vragon2.0

Years
  • 7.4/10. It's fine, and for a battle it definitely works. I suppose maybe I've been ruined by Dark Souls, but it doesn't really have anything too distinct when it comes to the track. It's good, but it doesn't seem to really jump out at me like other tracks that break the mold.

Remember, it's just a game right....right?....sniffles and reaches for a tissue.

Vragon2.0

Years
  • 6.7/10. While I do like the track itself, I find it really doesn't have too much outside of repeating itself. There is the small different rift, but it does have the same feel as the part before it. Now, this wouldn't be an issue for me since I enjoy bopping to repetitive tunes I really tune (aheh) with, but sadly this one is just one I can enjoy hearing some time but not one that I could listen to for a whole day.

Really tough call for which track I should pick, but why not go for one of the best exploration themes from it.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • 8/10, haven't played any Xenoblade games myself but I still rate the music that I've heard from the series.

This is one from a game that isn't particularly well-known, but I enjoyed playing it and was playing it for at least a month after buying it.

pkmin3033

6/10. It's...OK. Not really my sort of thing, but it has the energy I would expect it to have, so at least it fits the theme!

Last edited:
    Years
  • 9/10

I am thinking to download that game.
    okay my music

I suggest listening to my favorite part of the song, which is from
    01:55 - 02:30

hope you find it gr8!!!

This is the first game I have ever played in which our aim is to wipe out humanity.

Last edited:

Vragon2.0

Years
  • 8.1/10, I like it's rather unsettling ambiance as well as the techno bits that exist throughout. The part you mentioned was a pretty good part in upping the tension up and for a game that's all about making the human race go extinct, it fits really well. I also like how it plays medical equipment throughout it.

When the dungeon doesn't end.

pkmin3033

6/10...I don't think I could listen to that for longer than the 4:14 run time, haha. By which I mean it has a nice ambience, but it goes on and on and it'd quickly progress from being background noise to being "take my earphones right out" after a couple of loops.

Years
  • 9.2/10

Really that OST is gr8.

Ok now Let me allow you to present one of the iconic soundtrack in the world of cod mw series. My favorite nostalgic part starts from 0:19.

Here it is

And if you don't have any idea what had happened in this soundtrack so here is the video from CoD mw2.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    9.2/10

Really that OST is gr8.

Ok now Let me allow you to present one of the iconic soundtrack in the world of cod mw series. My favorite nostalgic part starts from 0:19.

Here it is

And if you don't have any idea what had happened in this soundtrack so here is the video from CoD mw2.

Spoiler:

Hmm I'd give it a 4/10. It doesn't really invoke any emotion and relies heavily on what's happening on the screen to do that for it. I feel like it's supposed to instill tension with the heavy dissonance but I personally don't really think it comes across that well.

Here's one of my favourites:

Vragon2.0

Years
  • 7.8/10 Sounds like a track I'd hear in a movie honestly. It definitely sounds forboeding and perhaps sad. Like the bad ending of a video game or a game that has an unhappy but fulfilling end. Course this could be someone's death or a heavy choice made.

What do you get when you cross a fireman and an axe?

PapaPuff

Professional Procrastinator!
    Years
  • 7.5/10 I really like the eerie yet calming vibe the song has. That's a series I've been meaning to check out.

Years
    • Online now
    7/10 it's a nice theme. I need to play okami

This has probably been posted before, and there's multiple versions of it.

Back