• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Opinions

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It can be about anything. I like reading this stuff.

I think the best kind of maccoroni is watery.

For that reason, I think the cheap kind you get in a box tastes better than anything proffesionally made. If it's thick and clumped together, it's not good to me.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Oh no.
    Do I dare...?

Spoiler:

... Don't worry, I'll deactivate my own account

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I imagine that my worldview is a very unpopular opinion.

but for less depressing stuff:

The Battle Frontier is overrated
    Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild does not deserve to be held up as a gold standard of open-world gaming

Years
  • I don't like how sexualized everything is. Like people will just openly talk about how horny they are or whatever on twitter and it's just so uncomfortable. Like obviously I have nothing against sexuality in general but some people just push it.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Wearing shoes inside your own home is horrible. I've been to so many non-Middle Eastern households where my 'true-blue Aussie mate' would tell me to leave my shoes on when I walk in; how on Earth do you stand having those things on all day in your own home?! Mop your floor more often SMH

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wearing shoes inside your own home is horrible. I've been to so many non-Middle Eastern households where my 'true-blue Aussie mate' would tell me to leave my shoes on when I walk in; how on Earth do you stand having those things on all day in your own home?! Mop your floor more often SMH

Some of our family has a "must wear shoes inside" rule. Admitideally, yeah it's a bit backwards.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild does not deserve to be held up as a gold standard of open-world gaming

I got it a few weeks ago. I played it a couple times and haven't picked it up since and I have absolutely no desire to play it again. It's way too open for me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I was going to put political opinions, but no-one else seems to be doing so...

No one should condemn or feel superior to anyone else. It is more of a Christian doctrine, but I believe it even stretches to not condemning racists, pedophiles, and nazis, for we all have the same nature that can produce those kind of people. We are all human, and all have the potential of doing things we ourselves would condemn... we could have been born as someone like that.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    This one is a bit harsh, but... Let's go.
    Spoiler:

Another unpopular opinion: it's simple to lose weight (not easy, but simple).

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well you're not wrong, humans are a part of the animal kingdom.

Here's another. People can change and grow, people can realize things and decide to make a change, people can change. While someone you hurt doesn't have to forgive you, I don't think we should continuously slam, degrade, harass, etc people who are genuinely trying/have made real progress.

"This person did x to me, so I appreciate if you don't associate with them/bring them into my life." is ok
    "This person did x, they're this, that and the other thing, let's harass them off the site/whatever irl thing" is wrong.

Years
  • Though for me, I honestly try and think the best of others until proven otherwise.
    But I think we'd be much better off if our society was more like the ants.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Aren't we already kinda behaving like ants? Humans can be easily manipulated into doing stuff by playing into their emotions; fear being the most prominent one.

There's even an entire industry build around exploiting people's desires in order to sell them stuff.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    - Final Fantasy X is painfully linear and has some of the worst voice acting I've heard in a video game.
    - The texture of ramen tastes mushy and cheap.
    - Disco is a wonderful genre of music.
    - The anime industry is oversaturated with unnecessary adaptions.
    - Parmesan cheese is the best pizza topping.
    - Forums are still the best place to make online friendships.
    - CRTs are the most enjoyable way to play retro games.
    - The Switch works better as a home console than a handheld.
    - The DualShock 4 is actually a pretty comfortable controller.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    ^
    WHAT? Parmesan on pizzas?!!!!! I would give it a try though.

Though for me, I honestly try and think the best of others until proven otherwise.
    But I think we'd be much better off if our society was more like the ants.

We're too clever to behave like ants ^^
    And I don't mean we're bad people because we're animals. Dog are neither good nor bad, they're animals that behave based on their instincts and do what's best for them. I just say we're no different.

Aren't we already kinda behaving like ants? Humans can be easily manipulated into doing stuff by playing into their emotions; fear being the most prominent one.

There's even an entire industry build around exploiting people's desires in order to sell them stuff.

Agreed, that's part of my point. But I also mean, individually we behave like animals. Your primary analysis should not assume that people are rational, but rather, that they're not. Often times I see people around me as animals and I understand better why they do what they do.
    And I also mean that psychology and sociology are probably wrong in anything they say that doesn't involve biology, as we are primarily animals. Well maybe now it becomes an unpopular opinion.
    But don't kill me though, I'm a mathematician, I know only about the sciences that can actually prove stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agreed, that's part of my point. But I also mean, individually we behave like animals. Your primary analysis should not assume that people are rational, but rather, that they're not. Often times I see people around me as animals and I understand better why they do what they do.
    And I also mean that psychology and sociology are probably wrong in anything they say that doesn't involve biology, as we are primarily animals. Well maybe now it becomes an unpopular opinion.
    But don't kill me though, I'm a mathematician, I know only about the sciences that can actually prove stuff.
    Oh, I won't kill you. But that angry capitalist mob would really love to tell you more about rational actors and that people only make well informed decisions. And if you try to refute what they're sayng they will destroy you with facts and logic by screaming words like "communist" at you :P

But yeah, psychology is a mess as fragmented as it is; and it's not going to be better for a long time to come. Funny thing: If you find a psychology book at the store, chances are it's already outdated. I've read a couple of them only to later realize that they aren't relevant anymore. ^^"
    It's the lot of a science that highly depends on proper testing and statistics evaluation. The procedures are surprisingly complicated and it's not uncommon for studies to not be quite as accurate as they should be. < human error, see we're back at the beginning :P

Back