• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Your First Shiny in BDSP?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Got my first shiny... a Lickitung! I really wish its tongue was the same light greenish color as its skin. That pink tongue looks so weird. Lol.

Years
  • Congrats!! A shiny is a shiny. :D Are you planning on evolving and using it?

I haven't gotten any yet, but I'd really like a shiny Ponyta to use. It's so pretty and would've been awesome to have on my team.

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    - My first shiny came outta no where while I was surfing. Manage to catch a shiny Seel. Now it's a good IV Dewgong. Not the best but I'll take it.
    - Had to edit this. Just completed and captured another shiny. Got my shiny Giratina after 95 or 96 soft resets! I'm so happy right now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    The only shiny I knowingly used was a shiny, lonely Starly in Gen. 4. It was going to be part of my team irregardless of being shiny or not. Don't really care for shiny pokemon but I really like a Shiinotic shiny caught in SwSh. The only other shiny used in a game was a Groudon from Gen. 3 that I didn't even know was a shiny until much later.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't have any luck with shiny pokemon. I remain hopeful, but it doesn't ever seem to happen.

I've found a couple on emulators, but it's been so many years since I've found an actual shiny on a legitimate copy.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    My first shiny in this game is Geodude :) and I got a shiny buizel on the day after
    Considering that i am still at the second badge, I was so surprised that I got a shiny this early

Years
  • no shinies yet for me :c kinda envious how so many people on social media seem to get a shiny starter?? wish i had the patience for that lmao

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
    Years
  • My first shiny was actually a Shiny Stantler, I did it because I hope to be able to transfer it to Legends Arceus when that comes out if possible, and use a Shiny Wyrdeer on my team. I was actually really lucky and got it only on my 10th Pokeradar chain.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I have never been a fan of the Radar for gathering shinies but I have reluctantly started learning to chain. Imagine my surprise when in a totally normal non-sparkling patch in a chain of THREE (3!!!) murkrow, I got one.

That was my first shiny in BDSP and my second full odds encounter ever :D

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Likely my only shiny from this game is a Primeape I caught in the Grand Underground. By coincidence, it's the second one I have but the first I caught myself- the other is one I received in a Pokemon HOME Wonder Trade and that I was never able to figure out if it was legit or not. I may keep both, but at least I have one I know is the real deal.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have not caught a Shiny Pokemon yet. I already have many Shiny Sinnoh Pokemon. I think one I don't have is Turtwig, so I may try to get one. But I also want to catch a Pachirisu since it doesn't show up in many games.

I also want a Drifloon and Riolu, but I may continue to do that in SwSh.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • My first shiny was a Mareep! Followed by a Buneary, a few days ago. Got both of them through pokeradar chaining!

Years
  • I haven't gotten one yet :/ I tried some hunts via radar but can't keep a chain going for long lol.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2022
    The first Smoochum i ran into in the underground was my first shiny in BDSP, and it happened today! I named her Lip Gloss haha

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2023
    Where trying to get a pefect 6IV Pokemon by Hatching eggs and I got a Shiny Ralts.

Back