• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: E&M Winter Olympics 2022!

Years
Alright schweet~ Does this mean though that only posts we contestants make AFTER this announcement count towards the competition? Or do we count all those that we've done since the original announcement?

From today's announcement time! The posting event and the discord event will last for... two whole weeks! Have fun 😁

Years

8NOkeaD.png

Event 2 - Olympia

Olympians, it's time for the next contest!

This time we want you to take the 12 tests of Olympia! We have selected 12 questions that are all related to winter or the Olympics in some way. Can you answer them all?

Please message your answers to BOTH:

Arcaneum & Starlight

by Sat 12th Feb at 06:59 AM (UTC).

We will accept your first submission only, so make sure you are happy before submitting your answers!

Good luck Olympians!!!

● Question 1: Which of the following sports is not an event in the Winter Olympics: Luge, Skeleton, Swimming, Curling?
SWIMMING
● Question 2: Where did the first Winter Olympic Games take place?
CHAMONIX, FRANCE
● Question 3: Are snowflakes opaque (you cannot see through them) or translucent (can see through them)?
TRANSLUCENT
● Question 4: In the biathlon, how many members are there in a team?
FOUR
● Question 5: Which of these is a fear of snow: Catoptrophobia, Chionophobia or Coulrophobia?
CHIONOPHOBIA
● Question 6: What is the fastest sport in the Winter Olympics?
LUGE
● Question 7: Winter in the Northern Hemisphere typically spans what months?
DECEMBER TO FEBRUARY
● Question 8: Ice hockey made its Olympic debut at which games: 1920 (Summer), 1924 (Winter) or 1928 (Winter)?
1920 (SUMMER)
● Question 9: How many sides does the average snowflake have?
SIX
● Question 10: How many mixed-gender events are at the Winter Olympics this year?
NINE
● Question 11: As well as during winter, what other season sees the most frequent avalanches globally?
SPRING
● Question 12: What was the first city to host both the summer and winter games?
BEIJING

Last edited by a moderator:

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
Years
It closes at midnight tonight Eastern Standard Time (EST). If you prefer Universal Time (UTC) then that's 5am :)

Oooo I panicked then! But I have 10 hrs left to submit my answers and only 3hrs left of work on this cursed Saturday morning so my answers will be in v shortly!

P.S. miss u hope ur okay :fufu:

Years

8NOkeaD.png

Event 3 - Book Beatdown

Olympians, it's time for another event!

In this round, your goal is to complete a challenging crossword inspired by the works of Stephen King & William Shakespeare! You can either write your answers, or get creative and edit them in with an image editor, either is absolutely fine!

Arcaneum & Starlight

by Tue 15th Feb at 06:59 AM (UTC).

We will accept your first submission only, so make sure you are happy before submitting your answers!

Good luck Olympians!!!

Years
me when the event ends at 2am and I don't go on PC in the evening so I don't see the reminder that the event is ending
krabs.jpg

That's why we give everyone a minimum of two days per event!

Handy tip, you can also click on the event closing time and it will take you to a site where you can compare it to your own timezone 😊

Years

8NOkeaD.png

Event 4 - Filmograph

Olympians, the fourth event is here!!!

In this round, we have selected 12 stills from various winter or sports related movies... all you need to do is identify the 12 films featured!

Arcaneum & Starlight

by Tue 18th Feb at 06:59 AM (UTC).

You can click on the time above to compare the deadline to your local time zone! :)

Good luck Olympians!!!

ANSWERS:

(From left to right)

Downhill Racer/Frozen 2/Chalet Girl
Eddie the Eagle/On Her Majesty's Secret Service/Blades of Glory
The Shining/Kill Bill: Volume 1/Cool Runnings
Anastasia/Little Women/Fargo​

Back