• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: E&M Winter Olympics 2022!

Years

• 8NOkeaD.png

Event 5 - Genre Escapade

Olympians, the fifth and therefore final event is here!!!

In this round, we have selected 20 clips taken from songs across a variety of eras and genres. Your task is to simply tell us the song name and the artist/band that is playing it!

Please message your answers to BOTH:

Arcaneum & Starlight

by Sun 20th Feb at 21:59PM (UTC).

You can click on the time above to compare the deadline to your local time zone! :)

We will accept your first submission only, so make sure you are happy before submitting your answers!

Good luck Olympians!!!

Song 1 - Koji Kondo - Gerudo Valley

Song 2 - Alice Cooper - Poison

Song 3 - Taylor Dayne - Tell It to My Heart

Song 4 - Geri Halliwell - It's Raining Men

Song 5 - Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca

Song 6 - Maneskin - Zitti e Buoni

Song 7 - My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade

Song 8 - P!nk - Just Like a Pill

Song 9 - TLC - Waterfalls

Song 10 - Dolly Parton - 9 to 5

Song 11 - Keane - Everybody's Changing

Song 12 - Passenger - Let Her Go

Song 13 - The Weeknd - Earned It

Song 14 - Prince - Little Red Corvette

Song 15 - Donovan - Season Of The Witch

Song 16 - Gossip - Heavy Cross

Song 17 - Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You

Song 18 - Elastica - Connection

Song 19 - Bill Withers - Lovely Day

Song 20 - Madonna - Material Girl

Last edited:
    Years
    Years

• Hello Olympians!

With the final round closed and the points/medals tallied up, the E&M Winter Olympics is coming to an end! You will find the answers to each event in their respective post shortly, along with a summary of medals and the top 3 in earlier posts.

However, it is mine and Starlight's pleasure to announce that this Olympics' winner is...

RONI!!!

Congratulations on your victory and well done for making your nation proud!

Thank you to all who participated and we hope to see you at the next Entertainment & Media Olympics!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Congratulations to Roni.

Was not surprised by missing the podium. Performed about the same as last year, probably. Cannot compare knowledge via cultural osmosis to people who show up and engage in these forms of media, though. Enjoyed tugging at the threads of memory, nonetheless.

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Congratulations to Roni!

Considering I live in a place where the concept of cold is a crisp 21 ºC, I really wasn't expecting to do very well here. Especially since I'm working more with a "cultural osmosis" situation than being actively engaged in a lot of these things lol.

Thanks for hosting the event, Starlight & Arcaneum!

Years
  • FOR THE GLORY OF RONISTAN!

With how awfully I answered in all the mini events, I wasn't expecting to win tbh haha. Was ready to just get 3rd or smth solely through spamming the section and listening to a bunch of music :p

Congrats to everyone who participated, and a big thanks to Aar1n and Taylor for bein' awesome hosts :D This was one of the most challenging events I've ever participated in, and I can't wait to join the next one <3

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • AHHHHH congrats Roni!! I was close but alas, no stoagie

Massive thank you to our wonderful amazing hosts, I am very very excited for the next event! <3

Years
  • Prize giving time!​

Thanks to our wonderful friends at Virtual Pokémon Pet we have some very cool winter related prizes to hand out!

As overall champion, you have won 1 shiny ice Pokémon of your choice! You can also claim 500 points and 2 items from the VPP mart! Congratulations!

As runner up, you can claim 1 standard non-shiny ice Pokémon of your choosing, 300 points and one item from the VPP mart! Congratulations!

As bronze medalist, you are eligible for 1 standard non-shiny ice Pokémon of your choosing and 200 points! Congratulations!

Even though you missed out on the overall podium this time, you can claim 1 item from the VPP mart, as well as 100 points for competing so valiantly!

Everyone please claim these prizes in the obtain thread in the VPP section and link to this post so they can verify your eligibility! :)

The prizes will be standard/non "special", so no Mega, G-max, Regional Variants etc. as per usual VPP rules :)

Thank you so much to all participants, my wonderful co-host, and to Caite-chan & Fairy for the awesome prizes!

See you all for the next event <3

Back