• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What starter did you choose?

Which Hoenn starter did you pick?

• Treecko

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Torchic

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Since we already have a thread for this covering FR/LG I feel R/S/E needs one too.

Which starter did you pick in Hoenn?

Was it the Grass-type Treecko? Maybe the Fire-type Torchic? Or the Water-type Mudkip?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I chose Torchic because, back then, i liked Fire-Type a lot. If i replayed R/S/E, i still would choose him.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I usually pick Torchic when I'm in a challenging mood, Mudkip when I'm in a not-so-challenging mood, and Treecko when I'm in a nostalgic mood. After all, Treecko was the first starter I picked, when was like, 6 years old XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
In Ruby, Mudkip. In Emerald, Treecko.

Sceptile was a tough one to train with due to its single typing, unlike Blaziken and Swampert.

Years
Mudkip in Sapphire and Treecko in everything else! Voted for Treecko though since I've used him waay more. His evolved forms are really awesome and I really grew fond of them. <3

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I know I'm cliche but I liekz Mudkipz xD I like it's design, typing, moveset etc.
Chose it in both Ruby and Emerald, I had such a great time with it in Ruby that I had to pick him in Emerald xD

Years
By power i guess torchic, but by design i like mudkip, their evolution swampert look so cool, and in some way, i like the water pokemons :)

Years
By our powers combined, we summon the cliche, Mudkip! I always chose Mudkip. It's so cutiful and its evos are just winning, duh! I did choose Torchic and Treecko sometimes because I liked all of them but Muddy (always his nickname) was just epic.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I always choose the fire type starters, in this case Torchic, since it is my favorite element out of the three. That and I thought it and its evolutionary line looked better than the rest :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I normally use Treecko all the time, twice I used Mudkip, after a while I left it in the PC storage. I never liked Torchic's design at all.

When I had my original Sapphire game for GBA, I use Treecko, don't know what happened to it, now I play GBA games on the emulator (I can save the game many times and decide which one to play on)

oh yes, I remember, just started playing it again and choose Treecko (with a really unusual Pokemon nickname- Karekezi) again.

Last edited:
Years
The first time I ever played Sapphire I went with Treecko as my starter. Up to that point, I had rarely used any Grass type Pokemon, so I thought that it would be a nice change of pace to use it. It ended up helping me out quite a lot through the games, and is still one of my favorite starters to date.

The only other of the two that I tried was Mudkip. It was alright, but I wasn't really impressed with it, and it was basically replaced in my party before I finished the game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Treecko! I've only played through Sapphire and Emerald once each, and I picked Treecko first and Torchic second (though I have some vague memory of me picking Torchic the very first time?? Though I think I restarted..). If I played again though I would pick Treecko first! Mudkip second, because I've never used it haha.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Unless I feel like changing things up a bit, I've usually always went with Mudkip. Reason is pretty simple, it's the best starter of the three. It may be at quite a big disadvantage when it comes to battling Grass types, but it has great stats, a great type combination and is really overall just a great Pokemon to use. All of the starters are really strong though, probably the strongest of any generation, so any of the three helps greatly in the games.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Treecko, in Emerald. It's because when I was young, I used to think that water beats fire and that grass isn't super effective against water nor fire and vice versa. xD Though it was fake, I was not discouraged and I trained him until he was level 40-59[?] (my highest levelled Pokemon was actually my HM Slave who was close to being level 70, lol). Tbh, despite the number of weaknesses, he wasn't really hard to train yet he was strong at the same time. If I get a chance to play R/S/E again (or a remake), I'd surely pick Treecko. :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back