• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular opinions.

Years
  • I know, the title is a bit bland, but I didn't want it to be misleading.

So, what are some opinions you have that you think a lot of others would disagree with?

Years
  • Roses are not red, violets are not blue.
    Roses are roses, violets are violet.

I don't think my general opinions are too far from the common person. I guess one not common to females is that I like bugs (not spiders). From butterflies to roaches; I'm not saying I would like them sneaking around my house, but I don't mind seeing them outdoors or picking them up in my hand to re-locate them... assuming that they don't have stingers!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2022
    I hate shorts. They're uncomfortable and hard to wear They just feel weird. I would only wear them if it were so hot that I would die if I didn't wear shorts.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I like all the starters in Pokemon X and Y.

Other than that, I don't have any unpopular opinions that comes in my mind. I'm mostly a "follow the crowd" person so I don't think I have so many unpopular opinions to begin with

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2017
    Well i think Ash is better than Red. the Manga one to be specific.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love how this is turning into a Pokemon thread, lol. Anyway, I have unpopular opinions about abortion and when life begins. I'm not going to say them though, because in my experience, the backlash is terrible. People are too afraid of other opinions, and I mean, I don't force it on people. So it shouldn't really bother them that much. I'm just going to say I'm pro-choice under very severe circumstances and leave it at that.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • its okay for a male to wear long hair

women are stronger than men

I think beards and moustaches look horrible(most men think otherwise lmao)

money doesnt make the world go around

nintendo is not for kids

pokemon is for everyone

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    1. Partisan politics is a distraction from the real politics at hand.
    2. Old, wealthy shady white men are behind all of the "terrorist" attacks, including 9/11, the Boston bombing, the London bombing, and many others. They are also morally responsible for bombings such as when Timothy McVay blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
    3. The missing link in the genetic line of humanoids are highly intelligent alien species from a distant planet who are masters at genetic engineering. We are a child species and/or experiment of theirs.
    4. All citizens of first-world countries (such as the US, UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, etc) are slowly being enslaved in the mind through methods almost infinite in number and are complicated beyond our knowledge.

Need I say more?

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Metro is not sexual.

Women always look ugly in suits. Period. Stop freakin wearing them. Wear dresses like us normal people.

The gods are an evolutionary race just like us - they just evolved further than us before us. That's right, Star People. You're not freakin immortal.

Anarchy = Freedom.

Anonymous are heroes.

Everything is true. Shove off, Assassin's Creed.

No one can "save" your soul. It's like the heart - an organ, but for your spiritual body. That's it. And it isn't worth jack. Unless, of course, those wanting it don't have souls - in which case, you're worshiping soulless beings. Reality check!

Science and Mathematics have too many contradictions to be warranted as "true" by any means. COLD is NOT the absence of HEAT.

Christ's death ritual did not make things better. It made things worse.

Immigration is not an issue. Mexico's society is.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • A lot of people disagree with my views on adoption. In my opinion, I think that if you raise a child yourself (biological or not), then you are that child's parent. It is one thing to create and give birth to a child but if you are not the one who raises it by giving it up for adoption, then that adoptive couple become that child's parents because they are the ones raising it. Anyone can be a mother or a father to a child, it doesn't have to be the couple that create it.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Well, I guess I do have one that comes to mind. It's about eating right. Nothing bad can be enjoyed in 'moderation' since any processed/junk food causes damage to your body albeit not that much but it can accumulate... More energy is found in natural wholesome foods. Think of fruit, vegetables, honey, berries, nuts, fish, beef, chicken, brown rice, etc.

Also, protein shakes and vitamin supplements are a WASTE of money if you eat the right foods while avoiding processed junk...
    I'm not sure why so many people disagree on this opinion.

Years
  • On religion.

Atheism is a faith not a lack thereof. Any form of denial of a thing's existence is difficult and requires assumptions. Some atheists often make hypocritical remarks as to the illogical basis of religion, when in fact, both are similar in that they both require a number of assumptions.

It is easy to deny an "all" statement, since there are often exceptions. All dogs have four legs is a false proposition, since there exists at least one dog with fewer or more legs. However, it is difficult to disprove a 'some' statement. To assert no God(s) exists, there is no logical basis and requires assumptions, in other words, faith, that no counter examples exist. It cannot be logically proven that no counter example exists, and therefore is not a logically-sound argument.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
    Years
  • I believe the USA as a country, throughout it's history, has done more harm than good.

I believe all religions do harm to society as a whole, and should be banned.

I don't believe that Communism has failed yet.

And that's enough controversy for a Pokemon forum.

Years
  • I love how this is turning into a Pokemon thread, lol. Anyway, I have unpopular opinions about abortion and when life begins. I'm not going to say them though, because in my experience, the backlash is terrible. People are too afraid of other opinions, and I mean, I don't force it on people. So it shouldn't really bother them that much. I'm just going to say I'm pro-choice under very severe circumstances and leave it at that.

Maybe I (or someone else) should make an unpopular Pokemon opinions thread on Pokemon section.

I'm just going to contribute to my own thread now by saying I absolutely love mathematics. (except Linear Algebra)

Last edited:

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    - Appearances don't matter.
    - Obama sucks.
    - Sexuality & gender don't matter either.
    - Pro-choice in most cases.
    - Karma is a constant factor in life.
    - Everything happens for a reason.

And many other things.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There's nothing wrong with men dressing like women and vice versa.
    As well as a minimum wage there should be a maximum wage.
    Hoenn was the best region.
    Organised religion can never be a force for good.
    I don't mind the design of Vanilluxe.
    Pro voluntary euthanasia.
    Peaceful protest is usually futile.
    Capital punishment is never justified.
    Atheism is not a f***king religion. .

Back