• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular opinions.

Years
  • Can you elaborate on this one a bit? I'm not quite sure what you're saying here... you say that religion shouldn't be in school but then you say that the bible should be read, religions should be studied in depth, etc.

I think what he's trying to say is that there's difference in students learning about religion and "forcing" religion upon students.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • I practically got thrown out of my church a year ago after I started a small campaign thing to explain to others why Religion should not be an excuse to not get vaccinations for potentially deadly and dangerous diseases.

I also hate the freedom of speech. Where I live, it's like a get out of jail free card for people who want to talk **** about people of different races, cultures or sexual orientations.

I also have strong opinions on why guns shouldn't be banned. My main argument is that the government can only do so much and if they really want to lower gun crimes, they have to do more than create 'stricter' profile checks that are just being ignored by 50% of gun shops in the country who will read accept whatever someone writes down on a piece of paper as the truth. I also think banning guns wouldn't help gun crimes because if someone wants a gun and has the drive to commit a gun crime, it's not very hard to buy an illegal firearm in this country. The black market will continue to supply guns, all the gun ban is doing is pissing off people who otherwise wouldn't give two ****s about gun control because they think it is taking away their constitutional rights (rights they never bothered to exercise but won't think twice before opening their fat mouth to oppose anything that will change them).

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • Organised religion can never be a force for good. .

That's the normal opinion of young English people. Almost every English person I've met online was atheist.

Most of my friends are Christian and hardly any of them go to church regularly. The only one who does is my best friend. (He's quite conservative, but he doesn't look it - he's not all prim and proper like the Republican Party.)

One unpopular opinion I have is that Islam can influence people positively. I even love saying Allahu Akbar sometimes.

Last edited:

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I strongly dislike Lady Gaga and think her music is overrated tripe.

I think Nintendo is dying.

I hate anime.

I don't think guns should be banned.

I think gambling restrictions should be eliminated completely.

I don't feel strongly for or against Obama.

I am completely pro-choice.

I don't fear death.

Old age is a far worse fate than death. I'd rather die younger than live out my remaining days wasting away in a nursing home.

I believe organized religion is a product of weak-minded peoples' desire to be ruled over.

Though I highly dislike religion, I'm agnostic rather than atheist.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    The Republican and Demarcate party are two sides of the same coin, and nothing will ever be changed with those two in power.

Years
  • The US government sucks. It serves rich white people and has no empathy for anyone else. Our social programs pale in comparison to almost every other developed nations'.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Hmm....

I believe in pro-choice for most things in life. The government should not have a say in what you do with your life. You want to kill yourself? Do it. Want that abortion? Get it. Want to do drugs? Have at them. Want to sell your body for money? Why the hell not? etc. etc.

Guns laws only hinder the law abiding citizens. You really think a criminal is going to be stopped by putting stupid restrictions on them? They're still going to get them the same way they have been, by breaking the laws and they're still going to murder and shoot public places up. You know how you stop that? By lightening the gun restrictions, make it mandatory to take gun classes to educate people on weapon safety and maintenance, and go to the range if you own one so that you can become proficient. The next time an idiot shows up at a school to shoot it up, the teacher in the classroom can light that f*cker up before it happens.

Remove the warning labels from everything and let society sort itself out.

The Beatles suck. So does country music.

Religion should be removed from all public places.

It should be illegal to be fat and out of shape in the military, as a police officer, as a fire fighter, as an EMT, etc.

There should be no cyber-bullying campaigns. Turn off the f*cking computer or mute the person. It's not hard you idiots.

Capital punishment should be easier to obtain for first degree murderers, multiple (2+) offense rapists and child molesters.

You should not be put in jail or fined for doing drugs unless you do them while potentially harming someone other than yourself.

Suicide is a joke. Stop feeling sorry for those people. It is not a sickness. They are reaching for attention. If they wanted to die, they'd do it right the first time.

And that's about all I can think of for now. Maybe I'll be back later.

Last edited:

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
  • my disbelief in any higher being (GOD) and my proof that Christianity is a bunch of hogwash if these people would actually take the time to interpret the bible properly instead of picking out "the nice verses"

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I just think that LGBT should be, and I want it to be, LGBTA...

Is that so hard to ask? We Asexuals need a vooooooooooice!

Unpopular opinions.

It actually already is. There is some huge freaking acronym like LGBTQIAA meaning 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Transgender, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Ally' or something like that... but the whole thing is so ridiculously long and politically correct that most people just shorten it to LGBT to avoid having to say that mouthful lol.

The belief I hold that most people don't agree with is that the entire world should have a "one-kid-per-family" rule so that overpopulation doesn't happen. I also believe women should be encouraged to have abortions for the same reason.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    I can't really think of any right now other than the fact that I'm pro-choice and I didn't like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

You're not alone on Evangelion... I don't hate it, but meh does not rank very high on anime I have seen.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I really hate stupid-funny movies like The Hangover and Meet the Parents and I find them unbearable to watch.
    I really don't care if people are ****-shamed for being bragging-ly promiscuous especially if they don't use the proper precautions- if it's announced outside the bedroom it does become everyone else's business as then it's no more of an assumption of someone's character.
    I also prefer my cereal without milk (except rice krispies)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I believe homeopathic remedies are just as, if not more effective than Western medicine in the long run. It just takes awhile to get in sync with your body because it's not invading chemicals like a lot of western medicine.
    I also believe acupuncture works but causes irritation if you move the least bit while the needles are in.
    I saw a couple people say they were pro-choice. Didn't know this was an unpopular opinion- but I am pro choice as well. But my very unpopular opinion is.. I think unborn babies probably do have souls but that it's acceptable to murder them anyway.

Oh right, edit- one more thing came to mind. I don like most animes. In fact most of them get on my nerves. The only anime I watch regularly is Pokemon.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hmm....
    Suicide is a joke. Stop feeling sorry for those people. It is not a sickness. They are reaching for attention. If they wanted to die, they'd do it right the first time.

i wouldn't say this is an opinion as much as being willfully and digustingly ignorant of a very serious issue

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Dance clubs are not fun.

Robin Scherbatsky is the worst character in How I Met Your Mother.

And since I see a lot of comments on the pro-choice/pro-life argument, I'll quickly share my view - I'm pro-choice and abortion is not murder.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I don't like sports. They're incredibly boring and I don't understand how people can get so into them. Playing them yes, but I'm talking about watching them. The athletes are overpaid and the hype is too much. Dedicating your life to playing a game isn't a real career and athletes often don't know how to handle all their money (most of them go broke after two years of being cut off from their million dollar salary). If somebody wanted to end all airing of sports, I wouldn't complain.

omg I agree with you 100000000% <3

My unpopular opinion? Chemistry is easy. 90% of my classmates in high school absolutely hated chemistry and struggled a lot in the subject, but I actually liked chem and didn't really struggle with it at all. Which is probably why I'm doing a university course now packed to the brim with chemistry. T.T

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • God, I am one controversial lilypad. (Read Lilypad as anything.)

Women should not fill 50% of top management positions, as women only fill 47% of the workforce. Also, we should not be concerned about too many women being in nursing or too many men in business (as examples), we should ensure EVERYONE has equal opportunities then let them choose what to do. If suddenly men as a whol get bored of... building and women take all their places, so long as it's not bias hiring, there's no problem.

People who hate all sports are lazy. Not necessarily lazy as in fat and slow, but too lazy to find something they enjoy. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of sports out there. And you hate every single one? Not sure that's possible. You can be unable to do sports ie. you enjoy horse riding but can't afford it or you are too slow to be a runner, but you can't hate all sports.

Also, if you dislike a sport, it doesn't mean the whole sport is bad. It means YOU do not like it. YOU. YOU. Not everyone. YOU. The sport still gives hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, joy and happiness, so don't write it off.

Also, if you get a significant others, don't drop all your friends. You're just a ****. I don't need to expand, you just are.

Wow... I am an odd fellow...

Back