• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worries, fears and phobias.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Do you ever get worried about a certain thing and it takes over your life?

Last year, I began worrying about deadly cancers (esophageal and pancreatic cancer respectively), I had previously worried about bowel and stomach cancer, those fears pushed me to stop doing certain things, (which I have taken up doing again, atleast in moderation) and made me depressed. Not sure if I am completely over worrying, but I think about a month of not worrying over the top means I am getting over it.

I did have a big fear of doomsday at the end of 2010 over the whole Dec 21, 2012 thing and in early 2011 over Harold Camping's supposed rapture.

I have had phobias of germs, poisons as in pesticides, household chemicals and other things like that, carcinogenic material, asbestos and a stint of pyrophobia which lasted about a month in 2006.

Years
I'm currently fearing that I'm going to fail one of my classes because I took the exam for that class yesterday and it was quite possibly the hardest one I took in my entire life. I'm also worried that I won't meet the standards for future classes that I have to take that are even harder.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I literally have a phobia of driving, where if I dunno exactly where I'm going (driven the route a couple times before), I get anxiety attacks to the point where I shouldn't even be in control of a car. :/ Which is lame, and I still drive unfamiliar routes sometimes when I'm calm enough to try to get over it.

Phobias are pretty extreme and kind of pointless, since people don't even know why they have them sometimes, sooo.. phobias aside, I'm not really afraid of anything. I used to have a lot of fears when I was younger, but not so much anymore.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Bugs. I hate them. Very much. If a cockroach (even a small one) landed on me, I would have a heart attack. If a fly whizzed past my ear, I'd fall on the floor and put myself into a ball.

That and a fear of being alone in a closed location. I can't handle being alone in a bedroom...

Shhmew

Years
One big fear I have is that I'm going to get Diabetes, because a few of my grandparents had it and my mom is always freaking out that I'm going to get it because it skipped her generation. Most times I get really thirsty, or start urinating a little too often, or get weak due to lack of sugar, I panic. I've been tested for it recently and it came up negative, but I still worry it'll come to me any day now... like a ticking time bomb. One of my grandparents died from it and it's probably my number one greatest fear. I don't want it, and I don't want to pass it onto my kids, either.

I've always been kind of a hypochondriac; one time my lymph nodes on one side of my neck were swollen, and I totally thought it was a tumor or something.

As for phobias, I only have one: Emetophobia (extreme fear of vomiting or seeing someone vomit). I've had it since about 7th grade when my little sister got the stomach flu on a road trip and she threw up in the back seat while I was talking to her, then got out and I just watched her throw up multiple times on the sidewalk. I think it was extremely traumatic for me or something... no one likes to see that stuff happen or have it happen to them, but it's been more than that for me, from that point on I would start panicking if I got a stomachache or heard someone around me say "I don't feel well" or something of the like. Actually seeing or hearing it happen puts me in full panic mode. It's gotten better in recent times, but it still just freaks me out. I no longer panic if I get a simple stomachache, especially since I get them so often from digestive issues, but if I start feeling nauseous I still get a little on edge.

Oh, I feel I should mention that when I just see the word "vomit" or whatever, or see it happen on tv shows/movies, it doesn't really bother me.

I get scared of bugs, but I wouldn't really call it a phobia. If there's a bug flying, I'm going to leave the location ASAP and immediately lock myself in the nearest lockable place, but I think that's pretty rational, right? :P Edit: Lol, just realized if I saw a butterfree or beedrill in real life I would be TERRIFIED.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
My principal worry is getting kicked out of school cause of Physics grades.

After we count cockroaches, spiders and death.

Years
Failing to live up to my parents' expectations and my own standards are incredibly worrisome; grades especially are triggers to my depression majority of the time \: Phobias would be spiders and any kind of insect. Got to kill them the second I see them.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
Years
I've got a fear of spiders but that doesn't really effect my life in any negative way, however, my other fears do. I'm terrified of trains. Its even a little difficult to type the word. I can't watch them on tv, I can't hear stories about them crashing, and I find travel to be very difficult. I'm also scared of people and crowds. I've had to deal with life altering agoraphobia and it's taken me ages to get "better". You never get better. You just cope better.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
While I have a fear of all bugs, I'm absolutely HORRIFIED of bees and spiders.
Heights as well. Last time I went on a plane, I couldn't look out the window, and I cried my eyes out the first 20 minutes of the trip because I was so scared.

Years
I've.. slowly been unearthing more of my fears as time went by.

For starters, I have a huge fear of public speaking, to the point where I will make excuses to get out of it. I've used nearly every excuse under the sun - someone in the family died and I didn't feel well enough to go up, I needed more time on my project, my external drive crashed, etc. It seems like it's gotten progressively worse but luckily I'm totally done with taking classes. It's nowhere near as bad anywhere except school presentations; as far as job interviews and etc go, I'm fine. =_=;

Then there's flying. I just feel a lot safer on the ground and absolutely loathe turbulence.

Aaaand more recently I've been a bit worried about the future. Will I find a good job? How much time will it take? Will I be able to live my dream of moving to Japan? Only time can tell which makes it harder to handle.

Years
Remember back in 2008 when there was that theory that the Large Hadron Collider was going to create a black hole that would kill us all? That was one thing I feared. :x

But in all seriousness, I can't stand big dogs, because they always chase me and I always feel like they want to attack.

Years
I'm terrified of wasps. I don't wanna get stung! D: What's funny is I've never been stung before. Think that's my only major fear.

tbh I think I might panic if I ever learn to drive, just thinking about it makes me a bit anxious. I know I tend to space out already. I need to get a permit and actually learn before I know if it'll be an issue.

I tend to overthink everything and panic at the first sign of something going wrong, but a lot of the time it doesn't really effect me too much.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I have no real phobias. I'm terrified of death, though.

And the future worries me a lot. More than I like to admit.

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
Bugs, especially spiders, no matter how big or small they are. Also not a fan of fire, probably one of the reasons I haven't learned to cook (as well as laziness).

Also a fear of heights, but I think I'm improving compared to in the past.

Back