• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
For staff feedback, Ill start with the negative and go on to the good.
For one, this staff does not know how to take feedback without getting butthurt. In fact, I have no idea why this thread even exists, maybe just for the mods to tell off whoever says something bad. Just by scrolling through the pages, I've found that everytime someone says something bad (which is the point of this thread kind of, to tell the mods what you do and dont like), they are responded with a snarky comment and telling them that they are wrong. I strongly dislike this and me thinks the staff needs to work on that. Also, most of the staff is so uptight about everything... but there are good things too.

Theres a few mods I would like to mention by name for their excellent work. For one I would like to say Endless is one of the best mods I've seen in a long time. She (or he, who knows) gets involved in a hell of a lot of topics and always provides a nice, mature post that has some good meat to it. Shes extremely active, considering all the sections she monitors and is very friendly when she goes about "enforcing the law." If you're reading this, keep up the great work!

Also Zach is a pretty great mod too. Hes always really informative and isnt too strict.
Also, Necrum, who rules the challenges forum with an Iron fist, despite my many questions and confusions is still pretty lenient and friendly.
And lastly, Oryx is a great mod too. Very fun, friendly, and informative. She clearly knows what shes doing ;) whoops lol nvm

Last edited:
Years
For staff feedback, Ill start with the negative and go on to the good.
For one, this staff does not know how to take feedback without getting butthurt. In fact, I have no idea why this thread even exists, maybe just for the mods to tell off whoever says something bad. Just by scrolling through the pages, I've found that everytime someone says something bad (which is the point of this thread kind of, to tell the mods what you do and dont like), they are responded with a snarky comment and telling them that they are wrong. I strongly dislike this and me thinks the staff needs to work on that. Also, most of the staff is so uptight about everything... but there are good things too.

Theres a few mods I would like to mention by name for their excellent work. For one I would like to say Endless is one of the best mods I've seen in a long time. She (or he, who knows) gets involved in a hell of a lot of topics and always provides a nice, mature post that has some good meat to it. Shes extremely active, considering all the sections she monitors and is very friendly when she goes about "enforcing the law." If you're reading this, keep up the great work!

Also Zach is a pretty great mod too. Hes always really informative and isnt too strict.
Also, Necrum, who rules the challenges forum with an Iron fist, despite my many questions and confusions is still pretty lenient and friendly.
And lastly, Oryx is a great mod too. Very fun, friendly, and informative. She clearly knows what shes doing ;)

There's a clear difference between constructive criticism (emphasis on constructive) and the whining, complaining or general nonsense replies you're referencing. You'll notice that the constructive posts are usually received well, and we try to work towards fixing it. People coming here solely to start problems are dealt with. It's as simple as that.

And, for the record, Oryx isn't a mod.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
There's a clear difference between constructive criticism (emphasis on constructive) and the whining, complaining or general nonsense replies you're referencing. You'll notice that the constructive posts are usually received well, and we try to work towards fixing it. People coming here solely to start problems are dealt with. It's as simple as that.

And, for the record, Oryx isn't a mod.

Damnit, I keep confusing people with blue names as mods :3c
So shes just a supporter?

Years
Damnit, I keep confusing people with blue names as mods :3c
So shes just a supporter?

Yeah, although she was a mod a while back. I do know some of the supporters get confused for mods since it's happened to me before but it's really nice to see you enjoying the forum so far and that's a good thing.

Supporters are those who donate money to the forums, which really helps Rukario pay for the vBulletin costs in the long run so they're like making their mark on the community as well given the stuff you get for giving your share of donations. In fact, it all shows you don't have to be a mod to make an impact here.

Braxien

Banned
Years
I don't think I can say too much, seeing as I am quite new to these forums, but I can say a few things:

Olli is a friendly Moderator who is fantastic at what he does. Unlike some Moderators who I have met in previous games/forums, he actually interacts with the members 'below' him instead of acting like a robot.

Endless is also an extremely friendly Moderator. She gets involved in as much as she can and doesn't just sit back and watch things fly by. I praise her for being so active, despite all the work she must do.

Thank you for reading.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
I'd like to compliment any and all staff members involved in dealing with users who blatantly ignore rules repeatedly. The reaction of merely suggesting a reading of the rules - is a very fair and measured response. I apologize if this comes off as making fun of the user who reposted the same thread three or more times today despite it being locked by several moderators, I'm not just talking about you. Although honestly I must admit to finding that specific situation humorous.

Years
Guess this would be a good opportunity to discuss one of the newest additions to the mod team, Necrum. On one hand, he's been a very active challenge member and I remember joining the Monotype early in my time here, so his promotion was well deserved and it does feel interesting having Syd's name carried down.

But on the other hand, when it comes to Trade Corner's IRC chat I feel like he can be a bit obnoxious. Not all the time, but some. Now don't get me wrong, Necrum is a cool guy, but not everyone takes comments as he intends. Even Lilith sort of called him out on it the other day. I'm sure someone will comment on how Trade Corner is a world full of ham and jerks on a regular basis (including me) like your average sitcom, but whatever. Felt getting that off my chest was necessary, since Mac and EV are no more, and sometimes I can't stand Keiran's puns. (And if this becomes another take turns attacking me, I am so finished.)

But again, I don't hate him, he's cool and all so I am glad he was promoted in the area that he's mainly about.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Stargazer, are you referring to this one the other day? I wouldn't say I called Necrum out on his behavior because I thought the individuals involved were horsing around. If it's another situation or a combination of some events, please let me know.

[21:11:03] <+Sector> This is the fourth time, I just want my 5 participation battles for this tourney from GT11. I only have 3 of the 7 legit battles in
[21:11:15] <&Necrum> You can fight me
[21:11:41] <+Sector> Don't have DS or have nothing in VGC lol
[21:11:52] <&Necrum> I have an OU team dork
[21:11:55] <&Necrum> On Showdown
[21:12:06] <+Sector> smh Blade he called me a dork ;;
[21:12:21] <&Necrum> most of my battles so far have been on the server
[21:12:29] <&Necrum> I call everyone dork
[21:12:44] <adameastment> N music is awesome
11[21:14:08] <~blade> who called u dork
11[21:14:15] <~blade> aw nec play nice
11[21:14:21] <~blade> dont make me get ugly
[21:14:25] <&Necrum> lol
[21:14:29] <&Necrum> You know I only kid
[21:14:44] <+Stargazer> thank you blade
07[21:15:24] * %Griffy wonders what blade is like when she's angry.
[21:15:44] <&Necrum> I imagine it's very unpleasant

Years
Oh snap, he's viewing the thread right now.

But i'm not trying to make him look bad or anything, like I said since EV and Mac are gone and we have less staff in Trade Corner it just sometimes bothers me, but it's really not much of a big deal in the long run. I pretty much made that post solely for Oryx's Seven Days challenge thing, anyway.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But i'm not trying to make him look bad or anything, like I said since EV and Mac are gone and we have less staff in Trade Corner it just sometimes bothers me, but it's really not much of a big deal in the long run.

I wouldn't say his actions in #tradecorner reflect him as a staff member, especially since he's only been modding for about a week. Remember, this thread is for staff feedback, so it should be relevant to that. If he were causing issues in tc, you should tell Blade or Keiran. But we all know he's really a teddy bear and won't bite. (Maybe.)

Now get back to your event, bird. :3

Years
Otherwise i haven't really seen enough staff activity to criticize or compliment anybody. I guess it's because i hang in the forums that don't really have the annoying members, or the mods did a great job at keeping them out.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I would just like to ask why Braxien was banned. I didn't really notice anything bad about him.

Sorry, the staff don't share information about bans outside of staff and the banned member. I actually did that ban, so it isn't worth contacting anyone to ask about it as suggested above.

...and on that note, despite what the above says, staff tend to not share information on banned members. @_@

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Inquiries about a member's ban should be directed to a member of staff privately. It's then up to their discretion whether or not they share ban reasons with you.
Let me just clarify, we don't share details with people unless they are the ones being banned. It's a matter of staff discretion. It's up to the user who received the ban and whether or not they inform people what they did to receive it.

Years
Let me just clarify, we don't share details with people unless they are the ones being banned. It's a matter of staff discretion. It's up to the user who received the ban and whether or not they inform people what they did to receive it.

Ah okay. I can see why you won't share information like that.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Hi ive been a lurker for a long time and in that time... Ive never been this mad. A staff with the username hashtag is abusing his power. I hope you take this matter seriously because WE shouldnt be limited to what we have to say if its by the rules. I know you guys will act on your best judgment to make things right. That is all thank you for reading this.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hi ive been a lurker for a long time and in that time... Ive never been this mad. A staff(if you can even call him that) with the username hashtag is abusing his power. I hope you take this matter seriously because WE shouldnt be limited to what we have to say if its by the rules. I know you guys will act on your best judgment to make things right. That is all thank you for reading this.
Want to cite some real examples of this before making unjust accusations?

Years
The one thing to remember Splash, is if you have a problem with a particular moderator you can contact one of the higher-ups in the orange or red names. But aside from that, I don't think he's a bad mod. I think he's actually doing a great job, but also he's had the experience of being a mod in the same board a few years ago.

I've been a victim of mod power abuse at another forum shortly before I joined here, and I know that PC's staff team are more open and actually care more for their fellow members as opposed to just being "police".

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
I just want the higher ups to look into what happened in the hack studio's Pokemon Adventures Yellow thread since many things should be rightfully cleared.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I just want the higher ups to look into what happened in the hack studio's Pokemon Adventures Yellow thread since many things should be rightfully cleared.
It was already looked into yesterday and dealt with if you hadn't already noticed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back