• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #18: Doodle Jump - Jump & Shoot Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years

Doodle Jump
    - Week #18 -
    Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. At the end of the Year of Gaming, the top 3 overall performers will get unique emblems as well. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

"In Doodle Jump, the aim is to guide a four legged animal called "The Doodler" up a never-ending series of platforms without falling. The left side of the playing field is connected with the right side. For devices with an accelerometer, players tilt the device from side to side to move the Doodler in the desired direction. Players can get a short boost from various objects, such as propeller hats, jetpacks, rockets, springs, trampolines and invulnerability shields (some levels only). There are also monsters and UFOs that the Doodler must avoid, shoot, or jump on to eliminate."
    Rules

★. For this challenge, you must use the online version located at this link provided here:
    https://www.agame.com/game/doodle-jump

★. After your game is officially over when the "Game Over" screen comes on, take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said screenshot. Standings will be determined by highest score

★. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

★. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be November 8th, 11:59 PM ET.
    Emblem

Standings
    1. Pendraflare - 216,414
    2. Juno - 150,471
    3. Candela - 115,673
    4. GreenFlame - 22,322
    Year of Gaming Universal Standings
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh hey this'll be fun~

Spoiler:

Just getting started~

EDIT: Here's a better one:

Also, forgive me for switching usernames a lot, now that I'm not using Starlight as my username...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I can't play this game, because I'm on iOS atm and lacking a computer for a few months. Are you sure you can't allow the app (or does the app have different gameplay mechanics?)?

Years
    Alright, I gave this a shot and after a couple tries I came up with this:

I tried several times after that but could not get anywhere near as good a score, so this is what i'll take for the time.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Standings have been updated! Keep it up guys!

I can't play this game, because I'm on iOS atm and lacking a computer for a few months. Are you sure you can't allow the app (or does the app have different gameplay mechanics?)?

The app and the website have different mechanics unfortunately. As a result, scores will only be submitted via the online link provided.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    So I managed to play the computer version on iOS - albeit with verrrry clunky controls and framerate stuttering - using a web browser with flash streaming. This is the best I was able to do under the circumstances:

I guess I could try again, but it's just really hard to do.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    So I managed to play the computer version on iOS - albeit with verrrry clunky controls and framerate stuttering - using a web browser with flash streaming. This is the best I was able to do under the circumstances:

I guess I could try again, but it's just really hard to do.

It still counts for something! Updated you into the standings.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Sorry for the delay! Congrats to Pendraflare, Juno, and Candela for winning this week's challenge! The Year of Gaming is going to take a week break and will resume on November 16th!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back