• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I never played any of the spinoffs, and for good reason because I heard how many of them were badly criticized and that's why I'm never in major hype mode when a spinoff is announced as opposed to a main game.

That's a fair point, but I think they're something you should try yourself personally. IGN gave Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky a really poor review, and practically everyone disagreed with them. It's your choice of course, but at the end of the day it shouldn't matter what others think, it's all down to how much you enjoy the game yourself.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    That's a fair point, but I think they're something you should try yourself personally. IGN gave Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky a really poor review, and practically everyone disagreed with them. It's your choice of course, but at the end of the day it shouldn't matter what others think, it's all down to how much you enjoy the game yourself.

Well, it's IGN, they're biased as all hell.

Honestly, the only criticism towards any PMD I've heard is usually towards GTI, and everyone knows about that game.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Hm. Well, I do have an unopened Xerneas/Yveltal 3DS that I got late last summer, so maybe I could trade that in for New 3DS credit? B)

I'm sure it'll have a main series Pokémon title in due time. I remember getting my first 3DS in late 2011, before Black 2 and White 2 were even announced.
    you could try selling it on Craigslist! I have seen limited editions up there for at least 200 dollars. Definitely more than Gamestop would give you!

That is indeed a scary thought... I know of one Marriland challenger who had two of his Generation VI -Lockes terminated by his little brother not once, but TWICE. x( One of them was one he had put a lot of effort into making cool, and the other was meant to be a very difficult run and he was doing so good (three badges in and no deaths) and his new run hasn't been quite as good for him.

Ouch, I've had something like that happen,,, I let my little brother play my GBA and most of the games.. when I get it back, the screen is chewed to hell, and all my save files where erased- EVEN ON GAMES WITH MULTIPLE SAVE FILES.

Hell, he's erased my games in more recent years. and this is why we cannot share games or systems today. >=(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've been considering to try my hands on Gates to Infinity for a while, but I couldn't get around to that as of yet. Although I have no idea how the game is exactly like, I've seen some game-play footage on YouTube before, and from looks of things, some of its parts seemed to have been sort of lacking to me in comparison to its predecessors (Explorers of Sky, for example). This might be one thing that has been keeping me away from playing.

Coffee

Banned
    Years
    I finished both pkmn md red rescue team and pkmn md sky
    And I will tell you this.... dont play pkmn md gti if you are familiar with the gameplay of md series. Gti has dumbed it down alot!

Also, a new md game got announced called Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Hopefully it will be an improvement on Gti.

Years
    He is a genius, and it's pulled off beautifully. Still feels odd seeing this section modless again, because a modless section to me means activity is hard to keep alive. At least this thread knows how to still be alive and kicking.

Years
    ^ That's because it's so awesome over there. Not that I'm biased or anything.

Pokemon Gaming Central is one of these lucky sections where there's always something to talk about, so you don't really have to worry about big drops in activity. Sure, there might be lulls here and there, but as long as the series keeps going, people will always want to have discussions and have questions about them.

Years
    I'm so surprised that even without an official mod (yeah Ashley will be missed) this section has somehow floated, probably due to activity from certain members here and hopefully we'll finally see a new leader for over here in due time even if it takes forever. But the fact Ashley was the one who created this DCC will at least give her credit for breathing a new life of activity, and allowing for new Pokemon gaming topics that otherwise wouldn't fit in a thread.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    My activity here has dropped a little bit, because of me taking a break from the series. I mean, I could probably create some more threads if I wanted to, but mine always end up dieing after a handful responses, anyway, so I don't feel the urge to do so.

It's a little bit...discouraging.

Years
    This has become my most posted in section, surpassing The Treehouse/General Chat, and I guess that's because I like going to the main root of what this forum is about. :P

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Well, when I make a thread, I always try to make them unique, as in: not already posted a hundred times in the past. I suppose it's just a combination of " too off the norm" and me being unpopular, for some odd reason that nobody ever tells me. {XD}

Years
    Yeah, that's the kind of thing that happens; threads die out after the one month no revival point. I know that several threads on Marriland have been necro'd, but this isn't that. I don't mind seeing the same thread multiple times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I actually had an idea to where we could talk about the starters from each region, but with those threads about the best starter of each type being popular right now, I'm not sure it's a great idea.

Years
    I actually had an idea to where we could talk about the starters from each region, but with those threads about the best starter of each type being popular right now, I'm not sure it's a great idea.

I agree, it would cross too much into the territory of those three threads.

Years
    I think it'll likely be a showcase of new Super Mystery Dungeon material. Chances of a main game coming out this year will probably be none, and I think it's probably based on the pattern of past main game announcements usually being the first half of the year.

But if we get no new main game this year it must mean Game Freak are working on one that should have loads of quality in it.

Years
    I don't get why people want a remake of Pokemon X/Y so badly. The game only came out like two years ago and I can't see it being changed too much other than like more megas or something unless they pull a Pokemon Black/White 2 and make it in the future a few years since the Team Flare incident. I'd rather have a remake of X/Y for the next console instead of the 3ds.

Instead I'd love to have a new Pokemon Ranger game announced. Nintendo is way overdue for another one and I really miss the series.

Years
    Usually the next main game I'd be expecting at this rate is a third version or sequel for X/Y. And please Game Freak, make it a well-polished job compared to the rushed mess that X/Y was.

Years
    Oh yes, I would certainly take that. I mean, I still like XY today, but I get why some people weren't as fond of them. But whatever comes for them, i'll take it.

inb4 a certain member talks about how terrible an idea of it would be...

Years
    I've always wondered if we're going to get another game with multiple regions again. I loved that Gold/Silver let us revisit Kanto again, but it was pretty easy for them to include it, considering they used the first gen games as a base and went from there.

It might be nice if a new set of games would let us visit Kalos again, but what would that new region be based off of? Spain, Germany, and Italy are all close by, and the UK is just across the channel. I think any of those countries could be a good base for a new region, even if I think somewhere like Australia would be a little more exciting (though, that would almost guarantee no travel to past regions).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back