• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's That Pokémon? (Week 11) - FINISHED

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • Who's That Pokémon? (Week 11)

It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with our weekly contest of "Who's That Pokémon?"! Once a week every Sunday I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8x. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

(NOTE: From now on, I'll be taking Squirrel's place as the host of this contest, so please bear with me! ♥)

Overview

• Guess the Pokémon whose art is being featured!
    • The clue is a 30x30 px section of the Pokémon's Dream World art (found here) cropped and magnified 8x.
    • Send Revise Librarian a PM with your answer once you've figured it out - you may answer as many times as you want per week, but only your final answer will count!
    • Do not post answers in this thread - you don't want other people to use your answers, do you?
    • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them; that's the fun of this game after all!
    • Submit your answers by next Saturday (June 27) before 11:00 p.m. EST if you want them to count!
    Rewards!

A winner is a winner and a winner is you - assuming you won! Here's what you can expect to win from correctly guessing each week's Pokémon. (Hover over for descriptions!)

KyqhOAr.png
    Lr1vkr8.png
    lL8F9ql.png

Clue - Week 11

As of May 31, 2015, Mega Pokémon are now included as possible answers in the standard "Who's That Pokémon" rounds!

H0wI7x4.png

Good luck, everyone! This is my first time hosting "Who's That Pokémon," so I'm always open to feedback and/or suggestions! :D

Also, feel free to discuss last week's answer/winners in this thread if you'd like! Please note that emblems may be coming in late since Squirrel is no longer a moderator here! Everything will be sorted out once he sends me the spreadsheet with all of the previous winners. Until then, thank you for your patience, and thanks so much for understanding! ♥

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have a question about the previous contest. I thought it was said the sprite is from the th generation? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt that sprite from Black/White, which is...th generation?

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I have a question about the previous contest. I thought it was said the sprite is from the th generation? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt that sprite from Black/White, which is...th generation?
    Alomomola is 5th gen Pokémon but that sprite was from the 6th generation games so it was tricky because Squirrel said just:
    The art for this week has instead been taken from a 6th Gen shiny sprite

Years
  • I submitted my entry for the answer early, but anyways regarding last week's answer the one thing to know is that 5th Gen to 6th Gen is a huge graphical jump because of everything going totally 3D in the latter.

Meadow

Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt that sprite from Black/White, which is...th generation?

5TH GEN

Spr_5b_594_s.png

6TH GEN

Spr_6x_594_s.png

There is a huge difference so I dont get it.

Actually, Squirrel did in fact get it from X/Y! Take a close look at his clue from last week:

8ZCT7xi.png

Now compare the shade of purple from his clue to the shades of purple from the sprites you posted. Both Squirrel's clue and the X/Y sprite have a significantly lighter shade of purple than the sprite from B/W. Hope that helps! :)

EDIT: Okay, I just took another look at Week 10's results, and it seems that Squirrel did accidentally post a B/W sprite at the end. However, the clue itself was still taken from X/Y, and that's the part that matters. Sorry for any misunderstandings!

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • #SoProud #Crying #LibrarianForPresident

Submitted! I passed on last week's because I had no idea where to go from. If we had another shiny challenge, I'd prefer it if we tried to find shiny dream art (which I'd like to think exists? I found a shiny Zigzagoon once), or perhaps if we really want a challenge we could have a "Sugimori" challenge where we have to look through official Sugimori art to figure out the answer.

Regardless, I think pixels are a little too small and tricky to really get people excited. Either that or you'd have to decrease the magnification.​

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't think pixels work so well, as you can't really see shapes on that scale. I was busy and forgot to check last week's one, but I found this one pretty easy. The yellow color is pretty recognizable.

Meadow

Years
  • I've submitted my answer. Btw when will the 2nd emblems be handed out? I got the first ten weeks...

Don't worry! They might be coming in just a little late, but Squirrel seems to have fully updated the spreadsheet, so he's gonna send it to me any time now. After that, I'll contact Ash to send you guys the proper emblems. Unfortunately, I can't give you an exact estimate, but it should definitely be within 2 days. Sit tight! :)

Meadow

Years
  • Hi guys, just a little status update regarding last week's emblems!

EDIT: Everything has been taken care of a little while back, so you can disregard this post now. ^^

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • Hi everyone, just a quick reminder that this week's contest ends tonight at 11:00 PM (EST), meaning you have only 7 more hours to submit your final answers!

Until then, good luck you guys! :)

Meadow

Years
  • Alright everyone, are you ready for the moment of truth? This week's contest is officially over, so it's time to reveal the answer...

Y4ry4gK.png

Grotle!

Specifically the tip of the middle branch on its helmet! Congratulations to everyone who guessed it correctly! Now let's look at some of the other answers that we saw...

This week's winners: Hikamaru, Deejaymil, WriterRaven, Mewtwolover, Squirrel, Kiyoshi the Polar Bear, Lycanthropy, Salvation, jdthebud, banjopop7_7, bluestars83, DyingWillFlareon
    Other answers received: Zapdos

(Please let me know if I accidentally missed your name on the list of winners! If so, I'll be sure to double-check my inbox and get everything sorted for you! Also, if your name is bolded on this list, then that means you have guessed every single week correctly so far!)

It was nice to see so many correct answers coming in this week! Zapdos was a pretty tricky obstacle though, because the clue had a bit of a resemblance to a beak and a mouth. I was a little nervous at first because this is my first time as host, but I've had tons of fun replying to PMs and handling the contest! I want to thank everyone who participated this week for making it such a wonderful experience for me! Keep up the fun times you guys, and I hope you continue to participate in the future weeks to come! ♥

Stay tuned for next week's puzzle, which should be coming up very soon! I'll either edit this post or make a new post as soon as the new thread is open! Until then, feel free to discuss this week's puzzle/answer in this thread! Peace out, everyone! ^^

EDIT: Okay guys, the new thread is up (click here), so feel free to discuss this week's puzzle/answer in the new thread!

Last edited:
    Back