• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long did it take you to capture Ho-Oh/Lugia?

Years
Ho-Oh was an absolute pain in the butt to capture for me.. but at least I had a good battle theme to listen to while I killed my arms chucking all of those Ultra Balls, right? >_>; How long did it take you to capture these guys? What Pokeball did you use? Did you have to reset and retry?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
It took me forever to capture Ho-oh. I had to restart the battle a couple times, and I went through like 30 Ultra Balls before I finally caught it.
If only I had taken the time to toughen my team up a bit before the battle, because I was super under-leveled.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
Years
I got really lucky with Ho-Oh with just a single quick ball!
Lugia, however was a pain. I probably reset around 5 times using all my balls each time.
I have always had trouble with Lugia back in the original GSC games.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I got Lugia after two Ultra Balls. Ho-Oh, on the other hand, is an absolute annoyance. Always takes me like 20-25, but I decided this time round (on Soul Silver) I'll just Master Ball it.

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
Years
I caught Ho-oh easily, within ten Ultra Balls. Lugia in Soul Silver was more of an annoyance. I think I used almost all 30 of my Ultra Balls.

Years
It's been a long time, so I don't really remember. Last I caught them for myself was probably in 2011 or 2012, and in that I managed to catch it within a few Heavy Balls I think. Given how massive that thing is it made catching it easier.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Um...who knows. I remember I had to reset my game quite often for both of them. ;(

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
They didn't take too long surprisingly! I'm quite lucky when it comes to capturing Legendaries (except for Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit in Diamond @_@). Proof would be that I've captured all my Legendaries in simple Pokeballs (aside from Mewtwo)!

Years
I just decided to be lazy and use the Master Ball on Lugia. Nothing else I could have really thought to use it on anyway, at least at the time I was playing.

TheGhosteon

Geeeetttt dunked on!!
Years
I just used the Master Ball on Ho-oh.
Catching Lugia, on the other hand, required three resets from either Struggle recoil or a stray Critical. I didn't catch it until my 4th attempt.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'm not sure if I'm lucky or what, it took me for less than 10 Ultra Balls to capture Lugia. Lugia's HP was low and he was asleep too though, the same technique was applied to Ho-Oh long ago and funnily it didn't work so well that time.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I recall fainting the Ho-oh in HeartGold so that I could later soft reset or RNG abuse for a good one. I never went back to it. I'm a procrastinator when it comes to legendaries!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Ho-Oh hard crazy really i battled him 3 times to catch him and ended up running out of pokeballs the first time and killing him on the second haha so that was bad
Lugia was easy took about 4-5 turns after i got it in red haha

Back