• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race [Part 2]

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I don't really, I don't want to lose my progress. To prevent having too many save files of the same game when doing challenges, I restart them after trading my team and important items to one of my other games. xD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I don't think I've ever done a challenge in a Pok?mon game, let alone a nuzlocke. I guess I'm pretty out-of-touch with the main series games, aha.

Lycanthropy

Years

I haven't done a nuzlocke either, but tried some other challenges. Solochallenges are really easy in my experience, even when I solo'd with Raticate. Currently I'm doing a monoflying challenge in Black 2 for the event in Pokémon Clubs. I surprisingly managed even to beat Elesa pretty easily.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I tried TPP once, but couldn't get into it, because we were in a Poké Center, and I tried my best to get the player out, but people kept pressing Start and things like that.

Meadow

Years

I haven't participated myself, but I recall watching a bit of it and reading the lore about the false prophet and stuff. xD

The Bulbasaur Race [Part 2]

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

I REALLY don't like TPP. When it started, I was pretty busy with stuff/exams. When my exams were done, I still didn't want to participate because I just started to get distracted with reading nuzruns,(as well as documenting my own). And of course, I still had a life. I soon figured that I should start at like after my mid-year exams, because then I probably would be extrememly free, but nope, other things, other things, and other things. So the main reason why I've never started (or liked) TPP was due to how busy I was last year.

Yeah, you can call me a monster for not liking something due to not getting into it when it was new and not willing to join at a later stage. But also kinda dis it for being everywhere. :P

Meadow

Years

Haha, me too. Meanwhile, Omanyte is getting worshiped even though it was never all that popular beforehand. xD

Bird Jesus (the Pidgeot) is awesome, though!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

.... I GUESS NOW IS PROBABLY NOT THE BEST TIME TO SAY THAT I LIKE KABUTO BETTER THEN IS IT

I love Nuzlockes, but I'm not very good at them. I've only finished kne before, and between us I may have used aome Rare Candies at the end..... IT WAS A RANDOMIZER AND THERE WERE NO GOOD PLACES TO TRAIN

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I already liked the Omanyte line before TPP came along. They didn't change anything of it for me.

Lycanthropy

Years

Does anyone remember Twitch Plays Pokémon? That stuff was pretty hilarious, especially with Bird Jesus and Lord Helix. :D

I've never tried it, but I really liked the idea. The fun thing wasn't as much the actual playing of the game, but all those jokes that came to existence thanks to that single playthrough. As I haven't really followed everything, it hasn't changed whether I like some of the Pokémon or not.
    Omanyte was a beast in the first generation though, great special (meaning both special attack and special defense) and defense. Awesome sweeper, which couldn't easily be busted.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

I never watched TPP, except for a few seconds when I wanted to see what it was about. But I have a gripe when I'm watching someone play a video game incompetently, even if it's an experiment to see if a large group of people can play one video game. So I couldn't keep watching.

The lore of TPP is fascinating, and a fun read to see how everything came together. But I'm really glad that the "heyday" of TPP seems to be over, and Pokemon discussions aren't overrun with forced memes about Lord Helix and whatever.

I mean, TPP is still going, but it seems like everyone still enjoys the first season best with Lord Helix and ATV and everything like that. As soon as that magic adventure was over, TPP just kind of became a once-in-a-while mention.

Back