• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions (FAQ in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hi! Just wondering if this combination will work against battle maison:

Name: Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Item: Gengarite
Nature: Hardy
EV: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4HP
Moveset:
- Will-o-wisp
-Protect
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb

Name: Togekiss
Ability: Super Lucky
Item: Sitrus Berry / Heal Bell
Nature: Calm
EV: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Moveset:
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt / Tailwind
- Follow Me
- Roost

What can be the weakness of this combo? Or this is not good as an all-around team? Thanks!
Gengar needs to be Timid so it can outspeed as many things as possible. Hardy and other natures like it don't even do anything to a Pokemon's stats.

Super Luck is a pointless ability for Togekiss, really. Serene Grace has to be the ability so it can have a 60% chance to flinch slower targets.

You'll have to re-breed both Gengar and Togekiss, I'm afraid.

You can't rely on 2 Pokemon alone in the Battle Maison. It's better to bring in the maximum of 4 Pokemon per team so you have backups in case Gengar and/or Togekiss fall.

Years
Gengar needs to be Timid so it can outspeed as many things as possible. Hardy and other natures like it don't even do anything to a Pokemon's stats.

Super Luck is a pointless ability for Togekiss, really. Serene Grace has to be the ability so it can have a 60% chance to flinch slower targets.

You'll have to re-breed both Gengar and Togekiss, I'm afraid.

You can't rely on 2 Pokemon alone in the Battle Maison. It's better to bring in the maximum of 4 Pokemon per team so you have backups in case Gengar and/or Togekiss fall.

Thanks PlatinumDude! I knew it will not work, I just got those two pokemon from GTS anyway and trained them. Maybe I really have to work on breeding those two. Anyways, what do you think of their EV spread? And moveset?

As for the other members, I'm still thinking of appropriate combo partners for them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 30, 2015
Special Lucario Build

Hi everybody, so I'm working on a specially oriented Lucario. His attacks will be:

• Nasty Plot
  • Flash Cannon
  • Aura Sphere
  • Dark Pulse

I've maxed his SpAtk EVs, and I've put 200 into Speed. Now, before I put the last 52 in, I was wondering if it would actually be viable to instead pour the rest into SpD? I want him to be able to take some hits better, since his defenses aren't that great.

Thanks!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Lucario lacks reliable recovery and has poor bulk, so you have to put basically all its EVs into bulk in order for it to take a hit reasonably well. Those 52 Sp.Def EVs aren't going to do anything for it really.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Sep 25, 2017
Should Drapion Count for an All Bug Team?

Title says it all. This isn't actually pulling a Lance, because Drapion evolves from a Bug type. But it does seem like walking the line of a mono type team.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Title says it all. This isn't actually pulling a Lance, because Drapion evolves from a Bug type. But it does seem like walking the line of a mono type team.

Drapion shouldn't count as Bug for a mono-Bug team, as monotype rules are strict in that all Pokemon in a team have to share a type.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Sorry for quoting from out of a sudden, since you're the expert I'd like you to help me. :)

If I attach a Wide Lens to Azumarill, does that automatically boost his Play Rough and Aqua Tail to 100 Accuracy? I've been hearing 'yes' and 'no' around the web, which is confusing.

Thanks in advance for reading my question!
I know you were kinda asking him but I thought I'd answer anyway. The answer is no.....but it'll be 99% accuracy instead lol. Wide Lens isn't a straight +10 to the accuracy. Play Rough and Aqua Tail have 90% accuracy. 10 percent of 90 is 9, 90+9=99.

Reactions: Sun

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
Do you guys think I should put flamethrower or overheat on Mega Manectric? The other moves are HP ice, volt switch, and thunder.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Do you guys think I should put flamethrower or overheat on Mega Manectric? The other moves are HP ice, volt switch, and thunder.

Overheat. It lands the OHKO on Excadrill, while Flamethrower can't. Special Attack drop isn't much of an issue, as Mega Manectric frequently switches in and out of battle. Also, use Thunderbolt over Thunder, as the latter is very unreliable outside of rain.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Name me some Pokemon that have both decent longevity/aren't worn down super easy and have decent offensive presence, like Mega Altaria or Toxicroak. In any tier below Ubers.

Years
Good moveset for Magmortar?

Ok, so I got a Magby and I'm thinking of its moveset when it evolves into Magmortar. Here's the information needed.

Magmortar
Sassy Nature
Ability: Flame Body (unless that changes)
Moves:
Lava Plume
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Earthquake

Thanks for taking the time to read this! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ok, so I got a Magby and I'm thinking of its moveset when it evolves into Magmortar. Here's the information needed.

Magmortar
Sassy Nature
Ability: Flame Body (unless that changes)
Moves:
Lava Plume
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Earthquake

Thanks for taking the time to read this! :)
The extra power of Fire Blast is preferred over the burn chance of Lava Plume. Vital Spirit is also the superior ability, as blocking sleep is very helpful. A Sassy nature makes Magmortar's middling Speed even worse. Magmortar can function as an Assault Vest tank or an all-out attacker:
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast/Hidden Power (Grass)
-Flame Charge/Earthquake
Nature: Modest
EVs: 104 HP/252 SAtk/152 Spe
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit

or
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast/Hidden Power (Grass)
-Earthquake
Nature: Mild/Rash
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
Ability: Vital Spirit

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 24, 2016
Best nature for Hoopa's forms?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what the best nature for each of Hoopa's forms is? I heard hasty is the best nature for hoopa's unbound form, but I'm not sure what the best nature is for hoopa's basic form? Thank you for all of your insight and advice, it is greatly appreciated!!!!! :)

Years
Hoopa Confined's best stat is Sp. Atk, with Sp. Def and Attack close behind, while its very slow and is really frail against physical attacks. Most sets tend to recommend a Modest nature, so go with that to make use of that massive Sp. Attack.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what the best nature for each of Hoopa's forms is? I heard hasty is the best nature for hoopa's unbound form, but I'm not sure what the best nature is for hoopa's basic form? Thank you for all of your insight and advice, it is greatly appreciated!!!!! :)

Just wanted to let you know I've moved this over to Battling & Team Building, since that's where you're likely to get the best advice :)

BigPaws

Banned
Years
Depends on what you want really. Physical/special and mix sets all have different natures. I personally like the mix best, so hasty is a good option.

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 15, 2019
Name me some Pokemon that have both decent longevity/aren't worn down super easy and have decent offensive presence, like Mega Altaria or Toxicroak. In any tier below Ubers.

In OU, Latias can deal some damage while healing with Recover. Serperior can be surprisingly difficult to take down if it uses Giga Drain, after getting a few boosts from Leaf Storm. Conkeldurr can also do a lot of damage while healing with Drain Punch. And I believe bulkier Charizard-Mega sets (X or Y) can take resisted hits easily and then Roost to heal damage taken.

I'm not too sure about other tiers but perhaps Roost Hydreigon in UU? Hope this helps you a bit!

Reactions: Nah
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back