• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Do you think there are any left-handed Kingler out there?
Theres probably one or two but theyre probably either exceedingly rare or extremely week due to their corrupted genetics :P

If Kingler could actually fully utilise its gigantic pincer, how powerful do you think it would be?
Lets just say i dont wanna be in its way when it wields that thing he could probably chop anything that would fit in it in half :o

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
If Kingler could actually fully utilise its gigantic pincer, how powerful do you think it would be?

Well, we're screwed. A bunch of people could be evacuating the beaches right now. Kingler would probably even be stronger than Mega Gyarados. XD

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I like Kingler quite a bit, though I've never really had the opportunity to use one since it's hard to use in early games without the Physical/Special split.

Do you think there are any left-handed Kingler out there?

There are definitely mutated Pokémon as we know, so probably.

Let's just say I wouldn't piss it off in a crowd.

blue

gucci
Years
I love Kingler as a Pokemon, my second favourite from Kanto right behind Gengar.

Very powerful! I could imagine it would utilize this in some sort of awesome mega evolution that would boost its attack stat massively.

Years
Oh crud I've missed several days... x'D

I wanna talk about Wobbuffet a little. I can't believe it never occurred to me until this thread, but yeah I can totally see how it's based on a wobbly punching bag.
wobbuffet_by_peekingboo-d89t0en.gif

I also have to say that I was really amused when in Gen 4 they gave female Wobbuffets lipstick. I remember when I first saw one, I just had to catch it for the novelty of it! xD

I don't have much to say about Pyroar, other than that the male version looks cooler, just like real lions. Interesting that it has an exclusive move.

Kingler's big claw is scary... Also what's up with this Red/Blue sprite where it has two big, meaty claws?! o_O
Spr_1b_099.png

pkmin3033

354 - BANETTE

354Banette.png

"Strong feelings of hatred turned a puppet into a Pokémon. If it opens its mouth, its cursed energy escapes."

We toys can see EVERYTHING. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Banette! A toy thrown away by a child and driven to life by a powerful grudge, Banette wanders the world searching for the one who disowned it, and spends its spare time sticking pins into itself to lay curses on those unfortunate enough to cross its path. Originally a Sapphire exclusive to mirror the Ruby exclusive Dusclops, Banette has the highest base Attack stat of all Ghost-types. Despite apparently needing to keep its mouth closed, this doesn't deter it from opening it in Pokemon Amie in Gen VI. Three generations later and it was obviously unsuccessful in seeking vengeance, as it gained the ability to Mega Evolve...although, this unfortunately did little to improve its utility. Banette appeared multiple times throughout the Hoenn and Battle Frontier arcs of the anime as one of Harley's Pokemon, where it went up against May's Pokemon in Pokemon Contests.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Banette! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• If Banette opens its mouth, its cursed energy escapes. Where do you suppose that energy goes if that happens?
  • What do you think Banette would do if it ever found the person that threw it away?

Adam Levine

Years
What do you think Banette would do if it ever found the person that threw it away?

It would probably violently mutilate the child and stuff them in a plush toy as well, Five Nights at Freddy's style. Or it can just be a forgiving person and just hug them. Or maybe when the child grows older, it could....do either.

Wicked3DS

Years
Banette is one of the creepier Pokémon out there, and I like it. I remember not liking it that much in the beginning, but now that I understand it a bit more (and I like it's sprites better than the Gen III sprite), it's probably on the lower end of my favorites list.

If Banette opens its mouth, its cursed energy escapes. Where do you suppose that energy goes if that happens?

It sounds like some kind of possession/mind control would happen if Banette were to unleash that energy.

What do you think Banette would do if it ever found the person that threw it away?

I imagine it would perform some kind of torture in some way. I wouldn't mess with that thing.

Dedenne1

Years
If Banette opens its mouth, its cursed energy escapes. Where do you suppose that energy goes if that happens?
Probably just into the air mixed in with all other energies and possibly it can navigate itself to somewhere full of curesed energies like Mt. Pyre or a Graveyard *shrugs*

Like The Ghost of You Know Who said most likely stick the person in a plush toy as well for revenge >:)

pkmin3033

463 - LICKILICKY

600px-463Lickilicky.png

"It wraps things with its extensible tongue. Getting too close to it will leave you soaked with drool."

Glomp. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Lickilicky! The evolved form of Lickitung, Lickilicky is one of several Gen IV evolutions of earlier generation Pokemon which appear at the end of the Sinnoh Pokedex, and evolve once they have learned a certain move: Rollout, in Lickilicky's case. Technically, obtaining a Licklicky in earlier generation games should be possible because of this. Despite the fact that its saliva can dissolve anything and cause numbness, it can't learn how to use Acid for some reason. It can, however, learn how to use Rain Dance. Lovely. Lickilicky was a prominent Pokemon of the minor antagonist Baron Alberto in the tenth Pokemon movie, and was also used by Conway in his Sinnoh League battle against Ash.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Lickilicky! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Licklicky vs. Greninja: who would win in a tongue wrestling match?
  • Lickilicky was one of the few pink Normal-type Pokemon not get the Fairy-type tacked onto it with the advent of Generation VI. Is this something you would change?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
*gets too close and has to wipe drool off face* Ew....

Anyways!
Question 1: Hmmm hard question...Greninja has the craftiness but Lickilicky has the brute strength I think...I'm going Greninja because it'll find a way to outsmart its opponent with some clever maneuverings and win!

Wicked3DS

Years
Lickilicky is...weird. I was never a fan of Lickitung and this evolution didn't change anything.

Licklicky vs. Greninja: who would win in a tongue wrestling match?

Greninja I'm not biased, I think it has enough strength to hold its own and would be much smarter.

Lickilicky was one of the few pink Normal-type Pokemon not get the Fairy-type tacked onto it with the advent of Generation VI. Is this something you would change?

No, it doesn't resemble a Fairy-type at all.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Greninja. Mostly cause its tongue is longer.

Lickilicky was one of the few pink Normal-type Pokemon not get the Fairy-type tacked onto it with the advent of Generation VI. Is this something you would change?
Definitely no, that would be weird 0-0.

Adam Levine

Years

I'd have to say Lickilicky. Greninja learns Lick at a higher level than Lickilicky, meaning Lickilicky must've been more experience in licking than Greninja. Also the only thing Greninja uses its tongue for is its scarf. Lickilicky has a much stronger tongue, and its saliva can decompose anything.

A tongue wrestling match in general sounds wrong to me (French kissing much?).

Dedenne1

Years
Well firstly id like to state that I am completely biased and that Greninja is one of my favorite pokemon while Licklicky is annoying to me I mean Greninja for sure its got alot more power behind him in my head enough to take out that Licklicky's

Nooooo its not cute or anything so it cant be a fairy type plus i doubt a fairy type would ever tongue wrestle.

Reactions: Sun

pkmin3033

488 - CRESSELIA

600px-488Cresselia.png

"Shiny particles are released from its wings like a veil. It is said to represent the crescent moon."

Fighting Evil by Moonlight, winning Love by Daylight, never running from a real fight! Today's Pokemon of the day is Cresselia! One half of the Lunar Duo – with its opposite being Darkrai – Cresselia is one of the many Legendary Pokemon introduced in Gen IV, and is one of the more annoying in its bad habit of roaming Sinnoh once it has been encountered on New Moon Island. An all-female species, Cresselia has the distinction of also being the only Pokemon that can learn Lunar Dance. Whilst its counterpart got an entire movie, Cresselia has only appeared in one anime episode, in which it helped to dispel the nightmares of the citizens of Canalave City by driving off Darkrai by passively staring it down at the very end of the episode.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Cresselia! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• How long did it take you to catch the roaming Cresselia in Diamond/Pearl?
  • Cresselia was gifted with the ability to learn Moonblast at Level 99 in the sixth generation games...and that was it. Would you give it any additional fairy-type moves (or even the fairy typing) if given the opportunity?

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
ohh i can't believe i never noticed this thread before, i love this idea!!

Cresselia is one of the very few legendaries i really like! I love how it represents the moon and its feminine energy. One thing that disappointed me is that it was just made a side legendary with Darkrai. I thought those two had a very interesting story together and could have made for awesome main legendaries.

Another thing, Cresselia is closely related to the moon, but didn't get a fairy typing... it was a perfect candidate. It even has the dainty pink sweet look that many of the fairies have.

tonbo

~(˘▾˘~)
Years
this one 100% should have been fairy type, i really don't get how it was overlooked. that would make it a bit more interesting too; i've always found cresselia a bit boring. it looks ok, but it wasn't worth the time it took for me to go catch it in pearl.

Dedenne1

Years
How long did it take you to catch the roaming Cresselia in Diamond/Pearl?
Too long since i didnt care for it at first then it felt like i needed it so about an actual 5 or 6 hours id say just chucking pokeballs at it.

Cresselia was gifted with the ability to learn Moonblast at Level 99 in the sixth generation games...and that was it. Would you give it any additional fairy-type moves (or even the fairy typing) if given the opportunity?
I mean its related to the moon so it should probably know moonblast and it should really be a fairy type i mean its one of those pokes where you look at it and you think cute fairy/psychic type :D

Adam Levine

Years
How long did it take you to catch the roaming Cresselia in Diamond/Pearl?

Not so long, I guess.

Cresselia was gifted with the ability to learn Moonblast at Level 99 in the sixth generation games...and that was it. Would you give it any additional fairy-type moves (or even the fairy typing) if given the opportunity?

Cresselia seems like a good candidate for a Fairy. After two three generations of torment because of Darkrai, it most probably needs a Mega with the Fairy type. Also please, Game Freak, give it Dazzling Gleam...or SOMETHING. Besides, Cresselia is the personification of good dreams, so...why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back