• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon info in next month's CoroCoro

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Really, I don't get the point of announcing information about Sun/Moon last month, then announcing that there will be information next month. I'd rather have half of that big info dump this month and the other half next month.

Nowadays, sometimes I question Pokemon's marketing methods.

Years
  • Really, I don't get the point of announcing information about Sun/Moon last month, then announcing that there will be information next month. I'd rather have half of that big info dump this month and the other half next month.

Nowadays, sometimes I question Pokemon's marketing methods.

I do sometimes question marketing as well, but maybe keeping new information under wraps for what has now been two months since game announcement might be a setup for a huge information dump to happen in coming months. I imagine June or July could be dropping a lot if May's already going to reveal the boxart.

Also, I did look at the scan closely and I did see part of a silhouette hidden behind that white light that's obscuring the boxart. I believe they'll likely be new legendary mascots, which we come to expect with a new generation.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Releasing info doesn't dry up anything to discover, or at-least it doesn't have too. Do more what they did month, Blurred out box art, Pokemon silhouettes, possibly a part of the region with clouds covering the rest. Build it up slowly, not just "Hey, heres the box art, legendary, starters, protag, 5 new pokemon, and the region map" in just one day.

Years
  • Sigh. I could understand Pokenchi not showing anything new last week despite them hyping Junichi's appearance since I'm used to them showing us nothing of real value. However, I'm stunned that CoroCoro's big S&M game scoop was nothing except Magearna type info. It's as if they're trolling us now...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    This is good news. I was genuinely worried the Sun boxart would be bright pink and the Moon boxart camoflague, so it's good to get some confirmation that they will indeed be yellow and purple respectively.

Joking aside, I think my main line of thought with this leads me to ask why they are taking this route of silence for such a long time. I get the logic behind an almost obligatory reveal during the month of the franchise's 20th anniversary, which could in turn lead to a period with no news if they had intended for the announcements to begin in May regardless. But that still doesn't change the fact that they'd be condensing the news into 6-7 months if they began in May and released in October or November.

X & Y had 9 months of build-up that began with solid information on the starters and mascots. I can't remember ORAS's off the top of my head, but aside from the new Megas, all our information wasn't completely "new," it was revamped from the originals that we already knew. Remakes and third versions tend to have shorter pre-release periods because there isn't as much new information to show, considering the main bulk of the games are already known. But the press release claimed that Sun & Moon are a new generation, so theoretically there should be at least a sizable amount of new content to show.

Not that I think they should reveal everything and leave nothing to the players' discovery, but rather they need to show us some significant features, Pokémon, NPCs, locations, and other details that will secure peoples' pre-orders. I can actually come up with a 9-month schedule that doesn't reveal everything but just enough to keep people interested:

1. Starters
    2. Mascots
    3. Protagonists and rival(s) and general region reveal
    4. A few more Pokémon
    5. A few more Pokémon and two Gym Leaders
    6. Villain info and location info
    7. Info on some major gameplay feature
    8. A few more Pokémon and two more Gym Leaders
    9. Another major gameplay feature, a few new Pokémon, and some significant NPCs

This list doesn't even reveal the last four Gym Leaders, that's how secretive it is. So it's definitely possible to have a 9-month pre-release period without spoiling the entire game, which brings me back to why TPC(i) is choosing to take this route. They could be planning on revealing a lot of information at once--it could work. They may be choosing to leave a lot of information secret--certainly a possibility, but one I don't find as likely because they'd want their potential customers to see what the games have to offer in order to, again, secure their pre-order(s). I don't want to think it's because there isn't a lot of new info to show, but I'll throw it out there too because it is just as much of a possibility as any other.

This brings me to an interesting point. Although many fans value the story and NPCs of the Pokémon world, obviously (and for good, understandable reason) the main focus is the Pokémon. In this day and age, where the games are released almost simultaneously worldwide, it leaves me to wonder--why would they save the reveal of Pokémon so significant as the starters for CoroCoro, a magazine available only in Japan? I can only begin to imagine when it would happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got some sort of Pokémon YouTube Channel reveal of the starters and maybe the boxart with the mascots before the next issue of CoroCoro. That seems like the kind of news they would reveal to everyone at the same time. Information about the protagonists and NPCs, and maybe even some locations, would probably be left to CoroCoro for TPCi to report on not much later.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • This is good news. I was genuinely worried the Sun boxart would be bright pink and the Moon boxart camoflague, so it's good to get some confirmation that they will indeed be yellow and purple respectively.

Joking aside, I think my main line of thought with this leads me to ask why they are taking this route of silence for such a long time. I get the logic behind an almost obligatory reveal during the month of the franchise's 20th anniversary, which could in turn lead to a period with no news if they had intended for the announcements to begin in May regardless. But that still doesn't change the fact that they'd be condensing the news into 6-7 months if they began in May and released in October or November.

X & Y had 9 months of build-up that began with solid information on the starters and mascots. I can't remember ORAS's off the top of my head, but aside from the new Megas, all our information wasn't completely "new," it was revamped from the originals that we already knew. Remakes and third versions tend to have shorter pre-release periods because there isn't as much new information to show, considering the main bulk of the games are already known. But the press release claimed that Sun & Moon are a new generation, so theoretically there should be at least a sizable amount of new content to show.

Not that I think they should reveal everything and leave nothing to the players' discovery, but rather they need to show us some significant features, Pokémon, NPCs, locations, and other details that will secure peoples' pre-orders. I can actually come up with a 9-month schedule that doesn't reveal everything but just enough to keep people interested:

1. Starters
    2. Mascots
    3. Protagonists and rival(s) and general region reveal
    4. A few more Pokémon
    5. A few more Pokémon and two Gym Leaders
    6. Villain info and location info
    7. Info on some major gameplay feature
    8. A few more Pokémon and two more Gym Leaders
    9. Another major gameplay feature, a few new Pokémon, and some significant NPCs

This list doesn't even reveal the last four Gym Leaders, that's how secretive it is. So it's definitely possible to have a 9-month pre-release period without spoiling the entire game, which brings me back to why TPC(i) is choosing to take this route. They could be planning on revealing a lot of information at once--it could work. They may be choosing to leave a lot of information secret--certainly a possibility, but one I don't find as likely because they'd want their potential customers to see what the games have to offer in order to, again, secure their pre-order(s). I don't want to think it's because there isn't a lot of new info to show, but I'll throw it out there too because it is just as much of a possibility as any other.

This brings me to an interesting point. Although many fans value the story and NPCs of the Pokémon world, obviously (and for good, understandable reason) the main focus is the Pokémon. In this day and age, where the games are released almost simultaneously worldwide, it leaves me to wonder--why would they save the reveal of Pokémon so significant as the starters for CoroCoro, a magazine available only in Japan? I can only begin to imagine when it would happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got some sort of Pokémon YouTube Channel reveal of the starters and maybe the boxart with the mascots before the next issue of CoroCoro. That seems like the kind of news they would reveal to everyone at the same time. Information about the protagonists and NPCs, and maybe even some locations, would probably be left to CoroCoro for TPCi to report on not much later.

This can be very likely to happen. seeing how they didn't show any infomation, except about Magearna. Steel/fairy type. You can't tell me you didn't see that coming. I think it is safe to assume The mascot legendaries will be Orange and Purple. For types, I'm guessing For Sun's mascot Fire/Ground/Grass. Moon's mascot is more likely to be Fairy/Dark/Psychic.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Rivvon;9201587 Joking aside said:
    why[/i] they are taking this route of silence for such a long time. I get the logic behind an almost obligatory reveal during the month of the franchise's 20th anniversary, which could in turn lead to a period with no news if they had intended for the announcements to begin in May regardless. But that still doesn't change the fact that they'd be condensing the news into 6-7 months if they began in May and released in October or November.

Most of what they revealed in those many months prior to XY / ORAS were megas. To keep people hyped, most likely. Personally, I'd prefer if they showed almost nothing but instead talked about how these games are going to be different from Gen 6. I'd like to hear them talk about any mistakes they made in Gen 6 and how they're improving on them. It just sucks when they milk peoples hype for 9 + months and the games are really short/easy/bland. We don't really get to hear anything about the direction the company is taking, which sucks.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Most of what they revealed in those many months prior to XY / ORAS were megas. To keep people hyped, most likely. Personally, I'd prefer if they showed almost nothing but instead talked about how these games are going to be different from Gen 6. I'd like to hear them talk about any mistakes they made in Gen 6 and how they're improving on them. It just sucks when they milk peoples hype for 9 + months and the games are really short/easy/bland. We don't really get to hear anything about the direction the company is taking, which sucks.

Aren't all Pokémon games short/easy/bland by JRPG standards? This isn't something like a SE or Atlus title, where the plot needs to be convoluted as heck or major battles that take more than 10 minutes to complete to be good. Pokémon is already appealing to adults as it is for its deep competitive mechanics that aren't required to beat the game.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Aren't all Pokémon games short/easy/bland by JRPG standards? This isn't something like a SE or Atlus title, where the plot needs to be convoluted as heck or major battles that take more than 10 minutes to complete to be good. Pokémon is already appealing to adults as it is for its deep competitive mechanics that aren't required to beat the game.

Compared to previous titles.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Sigh. I could understand Pokenchi not showing anything new last week despite them hyping Junichi's appearance since I'm used to them showing us nothing of real value. However, I'm stunned that CoroCoro's big S&M game scoop was nothing except Magearna type info. It's as if they're trolling us now...
    As I said prior to the leak, they never promised 'big' news or even 'new' news. Just that'll start running articles/features on S/M with this month's issue. We got that with Magearna and the box art teaser.

Now next month's is hyped up. If my reading of the Japanese is correct the bottom of the mascot scan says Big world news.

Years
  • Have to say I'm really disappointed with this, my only hope is that there will be plenty of information revealed next month to make up for it. Honestly, it's very surprising that they literally provided the least information they could get away with (not that they did) and didn't even give us silhouettes of the starters which would have been an easy escape if they did not want to reveal anything.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    There's a lot of Pokemon games and merchandise being released this year because of the 20th aniversary stuff. They have a lot of other things to advertise instead of pointing to the big shiny thing that's not going to be out for 6-7 more months.

Years
  • There's a lot of Pokemon games and merchandise being released this year because of the 20th aniversary stuff. They have a lot of other things to advertise instead of pointing to the big shiny thing that's not going to be out for 6-7 more months.

This is very true and I think they're trying to still play off the hype of Go which has got everyone excited. I suppose the new arcade game and the announcement of Magearna's typing is something but for them to announce that "from next month, special features on Sun & Moon will begin in the magazine. This will begin next issue, which is released on April 15th 2016." back in March in CoroCoro and not stay true to their word is questionable.

Years
  • This is very true and I think they're trying to still play off the hype of Go which has got everyone excited. I suppose the new arcade game and the announcement of Magearna's typing is something but for them to announce that "from next month, special features on Sun & Moon will begin in the magazine. This will begin next issue, which is released on April 15th 2016." back in March in CoroCoro and not stay true to their word is questionable.

I could imagine that if CoroCoro keeps continuing these "broken promises" then I could imagine a lot of us not trusting the magazine anymore because they kept us speculating based on no information for what will soon become two months since the game announcement.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Overhype seems to be common in the Japanese media we get our Pokémon info from. I've gotten used to it by now.

Maybe we'll get something in the anime. I forget where it was from, but I remember hearing that the anime was going to show new Pokémon before 'anywhere else', of course some of that is most likely hype, and Greninja (ash) and Zygarde ( new formes) fit that.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I hope CoroCoro will take the same route they did with Black and White, by throwing out screenshots and silhouettes of the starters and various new Pokémon.

Years
  • This is very true and I think they're trying to still play off the hype of Go which has got everyone excited. I suppose the new arcade game and the announcement of Magearna's typing is something but for them to announce that "from next month, special features on Sun & Moon will begin in the magazine. This will begin next issue, which is released on April 15th 2016." back in March in CoroCoro and not stay true to their word is questionable.

So they said they were going to start Sun & Moon stuff, and then did. I don't see the "not staying true to their word"

Years
  • So they said they were going to start Sun & Moon stuff, and then did. I don't see the "not staying true to their word"

Except that it was only the boxart whited out, and then said that more information was scheduled for the next month. Anyways, it's already May for some people so that means 8-9 until next issue is expected to leak.

Back