• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Years
  • Hey everyone, do you guys discuss the anime more or the TCG more in this club? From a glance, it looks like the TCG dominates discussions, but I want your opinions. I'm just trying to determine if this club fits better in Tabletop Gaming or if it fits better in A&M.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Hey everyone, do you guys discuss the anime more or the TCG more in this club? From a glance, it looks like the TCG dominates discussions, but I want your opinions. I'm just trying to determine if this club fits better in Tabletop Gaming or if it fits better in A&M.

Although we have briefly discussed the anime from time to time, the TCG discussions have definitely been the driving force of this club since the very beginning! (And I believe this thread has been alive for over a year and a half now, ahaha.)

I personally think this club would be great in the Tabletop Gaming section! :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I agree to a point, but while it may be a TCG driven club, it does give people the ability to freely discuss both the anime and TCG. It may just be best to open an entirely new YGO thread in the new section rather than moving this one to it, especially considering the new section is only temporary for now.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Ah, you might be right about that! I guess I was just remembering how this thread used to be in General Entertainment, and then even after being moved to Anime & Manga, it was still running side-by-side with another YGO thread that exclusively discussed the anime. But since that other thread seems to be dead now, your point holds more weight than mine! ^^

I summon you, Flushed! What do you think about this?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Welcome Duzzy to the club! And welcome back Revise after a long absence!

As for the topic at hand, I've always maintained that you should be free to discuss whatever aspects of YGO that you want. It's just I myself, and I'm guessing some of the others are the same, don't have much to offer in terms of anime discussion. Whether this thread remains put or gets moved is fine by me, whatever works.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Thanks for the welcome! >u<

And on the topic of decks n' stuff.
    I've been running a PK Fire build that focuses on getting our Dark Requiem XYZ Dragon.
    But, I've been considering removing or changing or switching a few things around, but not entirely too sure where to do so. I'm thinking maybe get rid of Astral Force and a Phantom Knights of Launch, but I wouldn't know what to replace them with.

Anywho here's the build:
    Spoiler:

Any and all comments/advice are welcome for it. ;u;

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Never played the deck, only against it. Is RotA still a thing? And Rhino (if it was ever played, idek)?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Rhino is used in B.A, pretty sure.

Wait we have a tabletop area now? Sorry, I was in San Francisco. I still think the best place is in General Entertainment, because were TCG and Anime/Manga, though we mostly do TCG.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Revise/Meadow has set that up in the past, I'm not sure if he's planning something currently or not.

Years
  • Although we have briefly discussed the anime from time to time, the TCG discussions have definitely been the driving force of this club since the very beginning! (And I believe this thread has been alive for over a year and a half now, ahaha.)

I personally think this club would be great in the Tabletop Gaming section! :D

Thanks for your input!

I agree to a point, but while it may be a TCG driven club, it does give people the ability to freely discuss both the anime and TCG. It may just be best to open an entirely new YGO thread in the new section rather than moving this one to it, especially considering the new section is only temporary for now.

On the flip side, if you guys keep returning to this thread to discuss the TCG while it's in A&M, Tabletop Gaming is missing out on potential activity that could help its case for survival past the end of its trial run.

Welcome Duzzy to the club! And welcome back Revise after a long absence!

As for the topic at hand, I've always maintained that you should be free to discuss whatever aspects of YGO that you want. It's just I myself, and I'm guessing some of the others are the same, don't have much to offer in terms of anime discussion. Whether this thread remains put or gets moved is fine by me, whatever works.

I'm strongly thinking of moving it there.

Rhino is used in B.A, pretty sure.

Wait we have a tabletop area now? Sorry, I was in San Francisco. I still think the best place is in General Entertainment, because were TCG and Anime/Manga, though we mostly do TCG.

Yep. One of two sections to win the most recent Forum Frontier vote.

I'd be iffy on throwing it in GE because we have places for both of those topics currently, and GE is for entertainment topics that don't have their own dedicated homes.

countryemo

Years
  • Yep. One of two sections to win the most recent Forum Frontier vote.

I'd be iffy on throwing it in GE because we have places for both of those topics currently, and GE is for entertainment topics that don't have their own dedicated homes.

Looks like I missed a lot in SF, new forums, new pokemon, haha. Tabletop gaming makes a lot of sense too. Personally I just don't think it belongs here at all, yes we have an Anime and Manga, and am liking them, but we are mostly a TCG club. I meant GE because I don't really think Card Game = Tabletop, but it is, so I approve of the move. I just kinda wish we have clubs in one forum again.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    So, I've been looking up Majespecter/Magician deck online, Y'know, 'cuz I want to win for once and most of them had one Dragonpulse Magician, and 2-3 Magical Abductors. Do you think that it would be a good replacement for Dragonpulse? I'm not sure, because then I wouldn't be able to Pendulum Summon Majespecter Raccoon, who is level 3.
    I know Magical Abductor was played for a bit in pepe, but I'm not sure why, it doesn't seem all that good. Assuming you're playing Oafdragon, triple Kirin and Pendulum Call, you shouldn't have any problem Penduluming Raccoon, which is definitely an important play.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I know Magical Abductor was played for a bit in pepe, but I'm not sure why, it doesn't seem all that good. Assuming you're playing Oafdragon, triple Kirin and Pendulum Call, you shouldn't have any problem Penduluming Raccoon, which is definitely an important play.

Only thing I could think of would be Performapal Lizardraw, Wisdom-Eye Magician, and Wavering Eyes, to pop other pendulums while keeping her out int he scale to get her more counters, but other than that, it'd just add a much slower search for pendulum cards, especially considering stuff like Monkeyboard, Skullcrobat, and most other Magicians do that faster.

I wouldn't use her. Triple Kirin is OP. Use that for sure, and raccoon is ridiculous, but personally I wouldn't use more than two. Oafdragon is pretty much a required card imo. Ridiculous search power in both Pendulum and Monster effect, he's certainly saved me the trouble of having to try and add more draw power cards.

I always recommend a few Odd-eyes in there, as well. Many of the Magicians are level 7, so getting out many of the Odd-Eyes XYZ monsters will be an easy feat to accomplish. Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon himself is also a great card for the deck, especially combined with Nobledragon and Oafdragon Magician. Oafdragon to search it out, Nobledragon to Synchro into Meteorburst and other dragons.

apart

A bitter-sweet kiss
    Years
  • So, I've been looking up Majespecter/Magician deck online, Y'know, 'cuz I want to win for once and most of them had one Dragonpulse Magician, and 2-3 Magical Abductors. Do you think that it would be a good replacement for Dragonpulse? I'm not sure, because then I wouldn't be able to Pendulum Summon Majespecter Raccoon, who is level 3.

Magical Abductor is a tricky card due to the fact that you have to make a optimal build that can utilize it's effect, otherwise, it's not really going to be the best card to have.
    -
    A couple of spell cards that can go well with Magical Abductor could be, igknight reload, Brilliant fusion, Upstart goblin, Painful decision, Instant fusion, Pendulum rising, Summoner's art (It can be used to add Dragonpit Magician), terraforming - Sky Iris , pendulum call & other common spells, Like raigeki etc.

But the reason why I don't use Magical Abductor in my pendulum decks is simply because there isn't a great way to search for it. Meaning you would have to make a pendulum deck that has a ton of spell cards & then rely on drawing Magical Abductor for it's effect to be useful. Considering that most decks can & will remove Magical Abductor from your side of the field on their next turn.

countryemo

Years
  • We had a banlist topic? Lol

Structure Deck R wise, Dinosaurs. New structure deck wise, hmm Fluffals so they stop going up in price due to haters? :P

Alien and Qli support announced. Metalfoe and Yang Zing left according to leaks, but Alien was a surprise, so who knows?!? This is looking to be a very interesting set.

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Alien support looks to be pretty dang good, not sure how the deck'll function/move on, but the Quick-Play sets up Ammonite plays which is essential for Aliens.

And speaking of Qli, Card of Demise has marked their resurgence, it's honestly the worst thing ever

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • I recently watched the 110th episode of the Yugioh Arc V anime. I said that to show you guys this:

latest

Apparently, there's a new Odd-Eyes in town. Here's the wiki page.
    So it's basically a Fusion Utopia Beyond with an upgraded ability that belongs to the Odd-Eyes Archetype. Number P39: Odd-Eyes Beyond Dragon?
    I want this card so badly! But because the only Warrior-type monsters I have are useful Xyz monsters that I don't want to waste, I'm gonna need another deck revamp.

Back