• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

matching pokéballs

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    matching pok?balls

do you match your pokeballs to the color scheme of your pokemon? even if you don't, which balls go best with which mon do you think? like what looks cool?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I will say I caught a Morelull in a Friend Ball and I couldn't be happier. I wish they had more of the apricorn balls in the game though.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I've never done this, but I'd like to try now! Might be a good use for the plethora of free Pok?ball types that Sun & Moon give you. I think Ribombee would go really well with a Fast Ball so maybe I'll try that first. Unown in a Luxury Ball is also another obvious one that comes to mind imo.

Years
    This is actually quite cool and I never did it before Sun and Moon, I don't necessarily match the colour schemes, but I use the appropriate ball for the type of Pokemon I'm catching, like a dive ball for the Horsea in my team.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Pok?mon that go in my box I tend to do that with occasionally. If they're going in my party though, I catch them all in regular Pok?balls because I'm kinda OCD like that lmao.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Tentacool/cruel I always try to catch in Great Balls because they're basically identical.
    My Kommo-o in my current Sun game is in a Repeat Ball because the pattern on the Ball looks like Kommo-o's scales.
    Anything white I always try to catch in a Premier Ball.
    Anything pink I try to catch in a Heal Ball.
    Caught Lunala in a Moon Ball in Pokémon Moon because obviously, right?
    Usually try to save a Master Ball for if there's a Mewtwo available because of the purple colour scheme and the M.
    That's about it really, other than just generally trying to match the colour of the Ball I use to the Pokémon I'm trying to catch.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    On occasion I will go and catch stuff in a specific ball for aesthetic purposes. Most recently was catching Tapu Lele in a Heal Ball (Modest+perfect IVs in SpA/SpDef/Spe too!).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't care for matching Poke Balls at all. While the aesthetic is nice, I don't like going through the hassle of squandering better Poke Balls to use depending on the kind of Pokemon I'm after.

Years
    Yeah, sometimes. I don't like the look of Ultra Balls on anything that doesn't have a yellow color scheme, and Great Balls don't really look good on anything except Tentacool/cruel, so to keep from being so same-y I'll use other balls on Pokemon I catch just for variety.

Also I got an Eevee in a Love Ball through Wonder Trade. Evolved him into a Sylveon because it seemed appropriate.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
    Hahaha I just throw whatever Poke Ball seems to fit the victim at this point. I never bother to match color schemes or the team's own pokeballs. If anything, looking at my team, it's a random splash of colors; Poke Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, etc.

I really like using the Luxury Ball however, so I tend to see myself using them when I have the chance.

Years
    • Seen today
    I like to make my team's Poke Balls match each other. Which, since the starter comes in a Poke Ball (as did those hatched from eggs, in the older game), it means I catch it in those.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 15, 2024
    I try to catch shinies in matching Pokeballs. Blue in Net or Great. Red in Timer or Repeat. Some shinies like Druddigon and Vileplume are perfect for Dusk Balls. Of course pink shinies are good for Heal. Sometimes I'll use Premier if they are purple or black or white or gray. Luxury is good for most colors.

But in Omega Ruby I don't really do this as I really only buy Ultra or Great Balls.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    I actually do try to match my Pok?mon with their Pok?balls :)

It's just satisfying + I also try to match a Pok?mon with a Pok?ball's display/effect

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I never thought about this before I saw this post.... I tried and catched a Cubone with a Premier ball. I like it.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I never thought about this before I saw this post.... I tried and catched a Cubone with a Premier ball. I like it.
    That's cute! I didn't think of that one.

It'd be cool if the red line in the center of the Premier Ball were more brownish though, then it'd match Cubone perfectly. ^__^

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Everything in Beast Balls.

For those that don't know, when used on normal Pokemon, Beast Balls have a massive catch rate of 0.1, as opposed to the wimply catch rate of 1 of a normal Pokeball.
    That's a whole 1/10th of a normal Pokeball, isn't that great!?!?!?!?!?

Back