• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Fire (Nov. 14-21)

Who are your favorites? (Choose as many as you want!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • mgfRcWp.png

hmovgZ8.png

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Because of the limited number of poll spaces, not all eligible Pokémon have been included. If you want to vote for an unlisted Fire-type, check the "Other Pokémon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until November 21st, so get voting!

The Finalists:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Can't believe we're nearly at the finale, so I'll show who made my cut for best Fire-types.

I mainly picked some fan faves like Ninetales and Flareon, along with voting a few Fire-type starters (my notable picks were the Tepig, Fennekin, Chimchar and Cyndaquil lines). Pretty much every awesome 5th Gen Fire-type here made my votes due to their amazing power, while 6th Gen candidates Talonflame and Pyroar also got in.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Didn't pick too many here. Fire is not one of my most used types:

Vulpix Line - I really like the design of this line and Ninetales has a great lore and a truly beautiful Shiny.

Blaziken Line - Nice design and has a great Fire/Fighting typing. As cute as Tepig and Chimchar may be the Hoenn Fire Starter beats them out.

Victini - It is adorable.

Delphox Line - My favourite Fire Starter line and has an elegant final form with a great design and a great Shiny Form.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Damnit I wanted to post first I was so close urgh

Magmortar line- Never gave it much thought before in the past but then I tried using it in nuzruns and proved it's worth.

Chandelure- See above. Surprisingly tanky and hits decently as well. Prevented my team from having more than 1 death at the E4, and because of that it's my fav gen5 line

Reshiram- I've always prefered it over it's counterpart. Amazing typing, solid movepool and cool design to boot.

(Lol this was the same 3 I voted for in last year's poll)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I picked a lot of different Fire-types because there's just so many great ones. However, my favorite is probably tied between Chimchar and Torchic.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • I've chosen Pyroar, Talonflame and Houndoom for non Gen Oners. I have complete faith in their strength. For starters, I've picked Charizard and Typhlosion. Sorry, every fire starter from Hoenn on. For Legendaries, it's Moltres, Entei, Ho-Oh and Reshiram. For Kanto starters, it's Rapidash, Magmar, Flareon, and the one I expect to champion; Arcanine. It has been described a being a Legendary Pokemon without being one, like Alakazam or Gyarados. I was able to make Arcanine the strongest in my Red Version, with Bite, Flamethrower and, wait for it, Dig! That's right, you can slay Ghosts in Gen One if you have an Arcanine with Dig! Also, one of the few Roar-users, just try finding someone who'd care. :P

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Just going to keep it short...

Charmander line
    Magby line
    Cyndaquil line
    Ho-oh
    Torchic line
    Chimchar line

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Victini - V-WHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!
    Chandy - Is a chandelier. Also is a great Pokémon.
    Typhlosion - My second ever starter deserves some love here, so here it is.

POKEMON I DIDN'T VOTE FOR:
    Charizard
    Talonflame

Years
  • I absolutely love most of the fire-type Pokemon so I had to narrow it down quite a bit. My votes went to the Charmander, Vulpix, Growlithe, Cyndaquil lines and Victini!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Kept it short and simple on this poll

Cyndaquil line: Such a cool line and Johto starters have a special place in my heart

Chimchar line: Only my favorite starter line and second favorite Pokemon (Infernape). Between its awesome design to its very solid moveset, this line is pure awesomeness

Years
  • Thanks to everyone who participated in this week's polls, but with that, they are now closed!

Always a contender in the Fire type poll, it was Growlithe and Arcanine that ran away with the victory, earning themselves a place in the FPT finale for this year. In second place was the Chimchar family, who had a strong surge in votes near the end, but didn't quite have enough to make it to the top. In third place (tied with the Volcarona and Ninetales families) was Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard, who won't make the finale for the first time since winning the tournament in 2014. In any case, good job to all this week's competitors.

If you haven't had the chance, be sure to take a look at the Water type polls results to see who else will be making the finale. And then be sure to come back to Pokemon General tomorrow, as the final poll of the year will begin, as we vote on PC's favorite Pokemon of 2016. See you then!

Years
  • I am so shocked this is the first time in FPT history that Charizard failed to make the final poll. Guess his popularity fell from grace here, or maybe it's because Arcanine's design appeal is so effective?

Back