• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily PokéCommunity Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • yeah these days im just looking for part-time work. im forced to miss yet another semester (summer classes) because i dont have a part-time job yet because getting a job will always be a massive pain in the ass, but whatever i guess lol.

pkmin3033

Flexible working hours are a godsend and are typically offered by local councils (at least over here) so that might be worth looking into? Either that, or standard weekend work...although having to work at the weekend after a week spent in education is depressing D:

TY

I basically mixed in work and college, which was tiresome when i had internship as there were 6 full days a week i had to work and on Sunday i was dead tired. Now that internship is over i have the Mondays and Fridays off so a bit more time on my hands to relax a bit.

TY

meanwhile i keep on passing out at 2:30 am this is not even funny anymore

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Mm I wasn?t keen on seeking out a PhD position but then my company offered me one so I was like hey well okay then :) And I?ve got quite flexible hours and a lot of freedom on how to structure my days and weeks.

If I hadn?t been working for several years in between my uni studies and my PhD though, I fear I would be a lazier student now with less routines.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I would only aim for a PhD if I was really invested in the course. The thought of devoting so much of my time to a fruitless degree frightens me. That's why I'm trying out short online courses in various subjects; I want to be sure before I start uni.

Also, am I the only one who goes to bed in the wee hours of the morning? ^_^;

Last edited:

TY

im glad once i graduate, don't really look into getting a PhD at all

but i have a PhD in shitposting

pkmin3033

I suppose in later life I could seek a PhD if the opportunity arose, but honestly doing a postgraduate was exhausting enough for me, and a PhD is like a postgrad to the power of ten in terms of work and stress under most circumstances. xD

TY

will fail horribly xbox just shat itself

Sirfetch’d

I don't dislike my current job but it doesn't pay enough. I am still looking for something more permanent that will let me earn enough to live. Tomorrow I plan to follow up on a few applications and will likely get in a couple more as well.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • oh i always thought pharmacy tech jobs were fancy af

guess i was wrong

Nah we're grunts. We count out pills, tell people what the most general ones do, calculate doses, get yelled at because some doctor didn't send in refills, call patients to let them know whatever.

I get told on a daily basis I'm the reason someone is going to die.

Bay

Years
  • My best friend back in college is a pharmacy technician. She had told me the work was stressful at times, but she like it overall.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I could never work at a pharmacy, or in any medical environment?the bright lights, sick people, awful smells... especially if you worked into the night.

My environment matters a lot to me. If I were to seek work, I'd look for something cosy, such as in a toy shop, trinket shop, pet store; something like that. These places make me happy, at least, even if they don't pay well.

Actually, a cat cafe opened in the nearest city?I'd love to work there if I could!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back