• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

using your phone while on the toilet

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    like ty said tbh where else am i gonna get five minutes of peace from customers

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    It is of my old-fashioned opinion that things should be kept separate. The bed is for sleeping, the kitchen for preparing food, the outside for roughhousing and the bathroom for hygiene and whatnot. When integration occurs, the whole system comes crashing down and suddenly the apocalypse arrives early.

Besides, with stuff like bathing and all, ahem, that, it's a time for deep thought and meditation - not replying to girlfriends and playing Candy Crush.

I guess what disturbs me most is that so many people find it difficult to put down their phone and just think - that they have to be entertained for every moment of every day, or have to be indulging in some activity. Life is its own activity. And yes, its a shame that discharging waste from bodies doesn't come with disco lights and a cabaret act, but not everything is meant to be interesting. In moments of boredom and the like, we have to think. Thinking is what makes the world go around, and the people who don't are the ones that make it stop.

Another fact of life is that there is always somebody to provide the diatribe, and that just happens to be me.

people used to read magazines on the toilet well before smartphones became mass-produced. entertainment on the toilet is nothing new. i hear the larger point you're trying to make, but you are pushing this issue waaaay further than it deserves to go

Years
  • people used to read magazines on the toilet well before smartphones became mass-produced. entertainment on the toilet is nothing new. i hear the larger point you're trying to make, but you are pushing this issue waaaay further than it deserves to go

Yeah, it's old news, but I was hoping the habit wouldn't evolve alongside technology. Yet alas, we are all heathens beneath our Armani suits and Chanel dresses, and beneath even that we're just halfway competent monkey men. I should probably clip my expectations of the world, except when it comes to those who have attended Eton and the equivalent girl school.

But studies have revealed that objects relatively proximate to the toilet show contamination of... certain particles. The gross kind. Grime will thrive if you let it, and boy does humanity let it. If toothbrushes at the other end of the room can get polluted, I don't imagine that iPhones are spared.

I guess I'll leave it there. Converting the masses can wait until I refresh my blood sugar.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, it's old news, but I was hoping the habit wouldn't evolve alongside technology. Yet alas, we are all heathens beneath our Armani suits and Chanel dresses, and beneath even that we're just halfway competent monkey men. I should probably clip my expectations of the world, except when it comes to those who have attended Eton and the equivalent girl school.

But studies have revealed that objects relatively proximate to the toilet show contamination of... certain particles. The gross kind. Grime will thrive if you let it, and boy does humanity let it. If toothbrushes at the other end of the room can get polluted, I don't imagine that iPhones are spared.

I guess I'll leave it there. Converting the masses can wait until I refresh my blood sugar.

it's a thread about pooping

Years
  • it's a thread about pooping

There is always room for debate. The whimsy of the subject shouldn't mean that there is no scope for differing opinions. Just as long as said opinions are posed respectfully and stay relevant to the topic, shouldn't we all have a good squabble?

Anyway, everything branches off into deeper implications. It's now become a question of society's inability to not be entertained for the time it takes to discharge waste, and their blasé disregard to hygiene just because nothing is directly touching each other. That's worth discussing, though perhaps are better reserved for separate threads.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Nope. Celphone addiction is a big problem and I think carrying it to the toilet just because you can't bother to just leave it for a while is a bad sign. Not to talk about the germs and all that.

Years
  • It's happened a few times, but not that often. I try not to take things in with me unless I'm engrossed in something and don't feel like being interrupted (such as if I'm in the middle of watching an interesting video, or reading a book).

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    No ew that's disgusting, going to the toilet really doesn't take that long that you can't take a tiny break from technology. If you do than I pray you clean your phone.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Ye. I don't have books or magazines sitting around in my bathroom, so why not scroll on twitter while you wait for business to finish up?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    People spend far too long in bathrooms. Get in, drop trou, do your business in 60 seconds or less, do any wiping if that's what's required, zip up, wash hands, flush, and run.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    y'all we're not wiping our asses with our phone, ctfo

and yes, I absolutely 100% use my phone while pooping and I have no shame

Back