• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Money?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • So, I kinda feel like you never seem to run out of money in this game, or rather, there are many opportunities to gain a lot of money if you feel you're a bit short.

Maybe it has to do with the start of the game, where your mother gives you 20,000 poke, which is an insaaaane amount of money to start with, but gives you more freedom to buy the items that you'll need! There's also the part-time jobs where you show random people dex entries that they're looking for, for some quick cash (like around 7000 ~ 15000 poke).

What do you guys think? Was money easily for you guys to collect in this game? How did it feel for you guys, did it help you out in more ways than other games?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    i think money became a huge problem when they introduced customization, i never had enough to get what i really wanted. i'm glad they changed that now, money has been such a minute detail about pokemon until customization, it's really only useful for that because otherwise you'd never run out.

Years
  • After the nerf of Hyper Potions I'm happy that they are cheaper, because I'm getting close to where even Super Potions will not be sufficient enough. Though I haven't had to really buy anything atm, but it is getting close to where I will have no choice but to start spending my money.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • To be completely honest, ver since visiting Kalos I've forgotten the value of a poke-dollar.

Years
  • I find money farming a little less easy than in 6th Gen where there was loads of trainer rematches but here, we barely got many rematches but then again, there is that once-per-day Pyukumuku sidequest at Hano Beach where you get 20,000 Pokedollars for doing it which makes it a mission worth doing. You can also get Pearls and Pearl Strings by fishing, and you can sell them for good cash. I managed to get some Pearl Strings through fishing and got 30,000 Pokedollars out of them.

Battle Buffet (another once per day event) in the Hau'oli City mall is also great for money as well as training since you do fight trainers who give out decent EXP and prize money when you defeat them. They also only use one Pokemon so they are easy to defeat quickly.

Clothes in this game to me are kinda more expensive than in X/Y, but when you consider all these methods you could easily buy them.

Years
  • I've run out of money a few times. Currently saving to buy out all those TMs and get more clothes, and it really does run out quickly. ;x Even when I buy some healing items for my E4 runs I feel like I breeze through my wallet quicker than before.

It's nice that we have those jobs we can do daily though, like Pyukumuku chucking in Hano Beach. Helps make up for the lack of trainer rebattles as a new consistent means of making money.

Years
  • I can definitely agree with you guys, since I do also admit it's easy to run out of money in this game. Main factors why are due to expensive clothes but also a notable lack of trainer rematches, with the E4 and Hau'oli City Mall's Battle Buffet being the only consistent rematches.

But then again, there's Pyukumuku chucking and getting Pearls by fishing that makes up for it.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I've found that during the story you don't earn much money aside from fighting trainers and those side quests. Even with the Amulet Coin equipped, I always seem to be running low on funds. I think that's part of how expensive some items are since I tend to stock up on Potions before I leave for the next town/route. I suppose I don't need those antidotes since I can use Pokémon Refresh to heal any status conditions that my team may be left with.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • Yeah, I think that cash is supposed to be plentiful, considering the varieties of collectables in-game. I'm sure that Revive osts 500$ more and Super Potion recovers a partner by 60HP instead of 50, giving you 10 extra health points. This is the first time, I've noticed, that items were tweaked. I expected expensive TMs, going back to the revolutionary White and Black Versions.

The clothing is a seperate issue because the diversity of colours/patterns were lacking in X and Y, so I can very well understand the severe price boost. Not a problem, due to the fact that the good folks at GF allow you to catch an Alolan Meowth right off the hop. (Just gotta get as far as the Trainer's School in Melemele to catch him, yay~!) At soon as it hits level 30, much like X/Y and OR/AS, it learns Pay Day! Guess what I did during my playthrough? :D

In the off-hand chance you're broke, go ahead and train a Meowth w/ Pay Day. You won't regret it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The side missions you can do for a few thousand Pokédollars is a nice touch, but I do agree that money seems to be easy to come by in these games. I haven't reached a point where I'm left with no money just yet which is a plus!

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Easy ways to get money

Sure you can challenge the Elite Four, but there are two easier ways to get a lot of money once a day.

Method 1: Pyukumuku Throw
    On Hano Beach, there is a man that will ask you to pick up six Pyukumuku and throw them back into the ocean. Do this and he'll pay you an absurd 20,000 Pokedollars. Easy money.

Method 2: Battle Buffet
    Please note that the levels of the Pokemon go up in the post game, so this becomes a lot harder.
    Go to the Hau'oli City's Battle Buffet. It costs 1,200 Pokedollars, but you can make that back every time. You'll see four of fifteen randomly selected trainer classes before four dishes. Trying to take a dish in front of a trainer will trigger a battle and you'll have 10 turns to get as much food as you want. Trainers will be replaced the turn after you've beaten them and each class has a certain payout. Here's the ranking of the payouts:
    1st. Gentleman & Madam
    2nd. Ace Trainer
    3rd. Sightseer
    4th. Rising Star
    5th. Breeder, Cook, & Office Worker
    6th. Beauty & Black Belt
    7th. Lass
    8th. Youngster
    9th. Preschooler
    Remember there are two Sightseers and Office Workers, but avoid the male Office Worker. His Pokemon has the ability Sturdy, which can waste you a turn. Obviously, you can use soft resetting, the Amulet Coin, and Celebrate to maximize your winnings.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I hate to be a spoiler, but
    Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What game are you guys talking about?
    Sun/Moon, given the age of the thread and some of the comments made. Never got the 7th Gen tag since I only went back so far manually adding them when Previous Generations was created (so I guess I'll go do that now).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i recall complaints with XY about running out of money quickly bc of customization aha. so i mean i'm fine with more money, it makes sense they would increase the output and create players more ways to make money, especially since trainers aren't able to be rematched. i think it's a nice touch, especially compared to older games where money was a little tight. you could argue it makes it easier and i get that, but your first time through when you likely want to buy clothes and customize your trainer and make them unique, it works nicely.

Back