• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Kanto: Back to Basics (M)

Years
I maaaaaay be, or may not, be interesteeeed.~
But i haaaave one question in the first plaaaaace.~
Mind eeeeexplain, what you meant, in the followiiiing~
Wheeeere you said it was fine to catch a Pokemon as long as it's normally in a routeeeee?~

I'll stop faking my singing.

What i want to know is what you meant that Capture was fine as long as a certain Pokemon existed in that route? Did you mean you can only catch it if it's there in the Games? Or do you include other media like Manga and Anime and TCG (Yeah, sometimes it depicts areas) as well? And if it's in the games normally, which game? And does that mean i can't catch a Pokemon that doesn't exist in that route in the games?

Ill be putting the available pokemon in every place we go to, and if you want to capture that pokemon, go ahead!

Years
Technically it's Saturday for everyone but hey

I shall now do the first round of accepting in no particular order because I'm on mobile and I can't do multiquotes without breaking the thing

adventure
gimmepie
Magnificent Magilou
Dragon
Kung Fu Ferret
IcyIce
Lycanthropy

Are the major seven (why isn't it 8? idk yet) players of the first round. Those who haven't been accepted are open to wait until the next accepting batch (which honestly won't be for a while or when someone pops out, as I do better in small batches), or opt to guest rp in the future. All are still welcome to join the discord to spectate and help me with the gming thing :p

To those who haven't been accepted, feel free to message me (on Discord or here) and I can explain why and help you out. :)

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I get encouraged to sign up and dont get accepted, yeah i aint rping on the forums, never have never will. More like never had a reason to.
(not trying to sound like a downer or anything, sorry if it does)

Hope you all have fun though! Good luck in there!

Years
I get encouraged to sign up and dont get accepted, yeah i aint rping on the forums, never have never will. More like never had a reason to.
(not trying to sound like a downer or anything, sorry if it does)

Hope you all have fun though! Good luck in there!

Sometimes you don't get in, it happens. I don't think not getting into one RP is reason to be salty and give up on the idea entirely. Especially this one because from the sounds of it you're not exactly denied from participating since there's "guest" slots - you'd have to ask Chura how those work though. She said she was aiming for eight participants anyway and that's only seven spots listed, so definitely talk to her.

Alternatively, if you have an interest in RP, you can always try to get into a different open RP.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Wohoo! The adventures of Deen may re-commence!

Years
Guest slots work as a one time (or few time) thing should people want to try rping without the hassle. It won't happen now but say an event/mission happens I can let people in and play a random person to help them get their footing and learn without committing. I'm not going to deny anyone a guest slot, as long as it exists.

@FC, sorry about that. If you do want to refine your SU (as what gp said does go) or wait until the next batch is up or have something else in mind entirely, feel free to message me and I can help you out with that and work things out. :)

Being denied in one rp does not make every forum rp shit in general. This is something we all have to face.

In any case, people in the discord : I'm going to have to ask you a bit of questions to help in the IC creation haha.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Awww, I thought this RPG was based strongly on Pokemon Let's Go. But I guess it isn't. Sorry, for posting my wondering here, I couldn't find an OOC thread for this RPG.

Years
Awww, I thought this RPG was based strongly on Pokemon Let's Go. But I guess it isn't. Sorry, for posting my wondering here, I couldn't find an OOC thread for this RPG.

This is counted as the OOC thread, no worries! ^^ It has it's inspirations from LGPE actually, but it's also heavily influenced by the manga and RP wise, a previous RP existing here that Shak and Jay GM'd called Z.

Years
Somebody wants to talk to you about the beach to the south. He's sort of asking for help, see.. It's really hard for him to admit this but he lost his Pokeball containing an actual Pokemon under the sea. He's not sure where it is exactly but yeah... Could you do him a huge favor and get it back? It's his only partner. Yes that was pretty stupid of him yeah.

I'll be taking this one.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Since nobody seems to be too keen on catching a Pidgey, Benjamin Fields shall go make an attempt to free the greenhouse from pesky birds.

Years
I was allowed to post my character here. Yay!

Name: Kari Forsberg

Appearance:
Spoiler:
This blue-eyed girl is average height at 5'5'' and has pretty slim body. Despite her name meaning "covered with snow", she has medium long straight black hair (not only mentioning that they're almost always wet) and prefers darker tones for her clothes. Speaking of clothes, she always wears black swimsuit instead of underwear, because she feels like she's closer to the Water-Types and ocean this way. Her favourite outfit, aside from swimsuit, contains black hoodies with either green or blue stripes and jean shorts. She used to wear black cap, but it now belongs to her partner Pokémon Poliwag - Po. But she still wears it when Po is in his Pokéball.

History: Kari was born in Undella Town, but lived with her father, who was a scientist investigating certain legendary Pokémon, in Humilau City for most of her live. She had a huge crush on local Gym Leader Marlon since she was young. She wanted to be surfer like him, but failed miserably on her first try and because she could barely swim, she almost drowned in Undella Bay. She was saved by a wild shiny Mantine that help her get to the beach. That was the moment she fell in love with the ocean and Water-Type Pokémon. She quickly learned how to swim and spent years exploring Undella Bay in hopes for meeting that shiny Mantine again, but she never found it.

When she was 14, her father went to the Olivine City for a big scientific convention and he took her with him. She spent her whole time there on the beach and in the nearby sea, discovering new Pokémon and underwater ecosystem. This was also 1st time she met with Samuel Oak, who put an idea of adventure in her head with his talk about other regions and about legendary guardian of the sea Lugia that resides in the islands near Olivine City.

Next year, she went back to Olivine City with her father again. But that time she came prepared for big adventure. She sneaked out of the convention and went to Whirl Islands on her small inflatable boat, but the whirlpools all over the place proved to be strong enemy and she was cast off the boat. She doesn't remember what happened then, but she swears that she was saved by a weird dragon that she has never seen before. Her father was angry at her, but was glad that nothing happened.

She was sad and angry at herself for being always saved and wanted to start her own Pokémon journey to prove that she can take care of herself, but her father didn't want to let her anywhere. She was forced to stay at home even when he went back to Olivine City. When he returned, he brought her 2 gifts. Mysterious Silver Wing and a letter from Professor Oak, inviting Kari to Kanto. And so her biggest adventure of her life is slowly starting...

Goals/Interests/Dreams: Her biggest dream is to marry Marlon of course. But her goal is also to catch as many Water-Types as possible, become the greatest Water-Type Trainer and find out about that mysterious wing she got from his father. She would also want to find shiny Mantine that saved her life or catch one Mantine herself.

Strengths: She is great swimmer. She also can hold her breath for several minutes and can see without any problem under the water. Because she spent a lot of time with Water-Type Pokémon, she can "understand" them. Given her energetic nature, she is easily motivated to do something and do everything with passion.

Weaknesses: She is carefree most of the time, but can get angry, if someone stands in her way. She also tends to ignore other people if she doesn't like them. She also doesn't think her plans through and it can make situation even harder. She is also terrified by Electric-Types, after being shocked by a Chinchou during one of her underwater adventures.

Quirks: She gets nervous if she's in a drought place for a long time. When she gets in the pinch in the battle, she may sweat and toss away her hoodie. Which can confuse her opponent.

poliwag.gif

Starter Pokemon: Poliwag
Nickname: Po
Ability: Water Absorb
Moveset:
- Water Sport
- Water Gun
- Mud Shot

Back