• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Karajan

I randomly caught a shiny Scraggy and didn't even know it was shiny till I looked in my pokedex xD Only shiny I've caught so far.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I am currently MM breeding eevee. I hatched one from my first batch of 30 eggs. Sadly, not one with its HA so I have to keep trying
    Spr_5b_133_s.png

Eevee / Male
    "Run Away"
    31/00/31/xx/31/31
    EM: Wish
    Bag_Love_Ball_Sprite.png

Years
  • Got myself a nice shiny Ralts yesterday throught the DexNav chaining method, I tried the day before and got up to 100 chains before my tailow decided to evolve on me and break my chain. So I tried again yesterday and got it on the 14th chain :D

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Got a shiny reshiriam yesterday, took almost a full week of resets though. I have seen people getting legends shiny non stop though in mirage spots so maybe there are increased odd as suggested before.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    The only Shiny Pokemon I have EVER encountered in over 10 years of Pokemon is the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage

Meanwhile there's people raking in the Shinies left and right and I'm just sitting here wondering: "Does my game somehow know who's playing it and decides to laugh at me and give me nothing but bad natures and characteristics?"

Years
  • I caught a shiny Zorua! I chained for a few hours (I keep breaking my chain) and I finally got it at a pretty low chain and a search level of 404 (It's supposed to be a NOT found error though!). I caught it in a premier ball at level 16, it's a Zoroark now with its nature being docile and having 2 ivs. One is speed and one in sp. atk. Not bad!

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • And, now, I have obtained the Eevee I've been MM breeding for. He is now a lovely Sylveon and I'm just so surprised that I got this IV spread since most of the Eevees I checked didn't have this IV spread.
    Spr_5b_133_s.png

Eevee / Male
    "Anticipation"
    31/xx/31/31/31/31
    EM: Wish
    Bag_Love_Ball_Sprite.png

I'm probably going to try for a Phantump next.

Years
  • The only Shiny Pokemon I have EVER encountered in over 10 years of Pokemon is the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage

Meanwhile there's people raking in the Shinies left and right and I'm just sitting here wondering: "Does my game somehow know who's playing it and decides to laugh at me and give me nothing but bad natures and characteristics?"

this was literally me until like ten minutes ago

i was hunting for a horsea with a dragon scale and at the same time watching anime, so i wasn't really paying attention, and one second i looked down at my 3ds and bam shiny seadra! which is esp. crazy bc it was only the first seadra i had encountered in like two hours, bc its rate at regular alone is 5% in the route

im in tears right now

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • After going through the vast majority of the game, I'm proud to announce that my first shiny in OR/AS is a Numel encountered through DexNav. I didn't even try for it; I was looking for a good-IVed Numel as a breeding partner for the Numel I brought over from X/Y.

Years
  • I was just walking casually on fiery path then suddenly a shiny grimer appeared and caught it!
    well, it's the first time since i saw a shiny zubat in pokemon diamond 2 years ago :D

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    My first shiny that I caught myself was a Skorupi. False Swiped it then used an Ultra Ball on it.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Sadly my only shiny is the the Beldum event :( I do plan on doing all of those magical techniques of getting lots and lots of shinies once I finish the main storyline though. So far I'm still literally checking every nook and cranny of Hoenn to see if I can find something interesting, haha.

Dunnydude

Too Spooky
    Years
  • I got a shiny Feebas in only 5 chains, really surprised.

Evolved it into a Milotic, found out it had a decent nature for competitive, and I Horde trained it. Practically my first actual competitive-ready Pokemon :D

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023

Did you get the Oshawott in a trade? I'm asking because it's definitely hacked. He is in a Friend Ball, which although it's in the games code in all the games, it's only useable in GSC and HGSS, which Oshawott didn't exist in either.
    And Oshawott itself, even through Pokeball inheritence, is only available in a standard Pokeball.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to keep on topic of this thread. I have caught a shiny Sandshrew in a horde on Route 111.
    I also MM'd a Shiny Feebas which I bred specifically for a Milotic Solo Run.
    I'm currently trying find a shiny Shuppet through hordes in Mt. Pyre's Interior, should get one soon enough because only Shuppet hordes appear on the inside.
    Oh, and of course the Event Beldum.

Years
  • My third shiny of ORAS, not soon after I hatched shiny Chansey yesterday. Reshiram after about 2 hours of soft resetting.

Spoiler:

IVs are actually pretty good. 24-25/28-29/28-29/31/31/31. Used a synchronizer.

AmadeusB

Bafford
    Years
  • Chain fishing is actually such an easy way to get shinies, it's just time consuming. I used it 2 times to get myself a shiny magikarp and a shiny wailmer. I traded my magikarp for a zoroark tho :P

Back