• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: TRYANT STAFF CROSSED THE LINE x2

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The joke is
    well
    There isn't one!

WELCOME TO PC'S OFFICIAL CHANGE, WHERE WE WILL NOW BECOME PJ aka PLAINJANE.

We love our water tepid, our walls white and our lives normal.

Now move along, no pranks will be happening.
    No you like your water to be Tepig, your walls White 2 and your type to be normal. Get it right yo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Sorry I don't deal in terms of Pokémon, it's too exciting. Therefore, my original point stands. Also:

Tepig sucks
    White 2 is a bad game
    Normal type is bad in Monotype

But!

Tepig is super effective against two of your favourite Pokemon
    I would prefer to play White 2 over Rabinov 2
    Monotype is only for those who can't handle OU

#rekd

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    252 SpA Life Orb Articuno Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tepig: 352-415 (129.8 - 153.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252 Atk Choice Band Technician Scyther Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tepig: 366-432 (135 - 159.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rabinov 2 will never be a thing and ew why would someone play me that's weird

You make a fair point, I was just pointing out Normal is bad in it, no need to attack me just because I'm clearly better than you at OU!

Dude I'm a Smogon moderator. I am clearly the expert here.

...not that I deal with anything related to battling but the prestige in the title there. Now that counts for more than battling skill imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ah. Someone from Smogon.

Consider this conversation over.

Technically I am from PC not the other way around but alas I do smell the fear.

You have a lovely non exciting day of fools then.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • dOnWGYl.jpg

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    hello razor leaf are you getting lerroux withdrawal symptoms

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Guys I came back anticipating another toggle and I've been severely disappointed.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • No wonder the forum doesn't have a prank this year. It's always a common occurrence. Why?

The staff come up with this GENIUS of a prank, then half of the forum complain and cry about how it's so bad they threaten to leave the forum, one person creates a complaint thread with 3749739 replies and counting, pressuring the staff to take down the prank and move on to their normal lives.

I was hoping for more than just a Miltank article. More than a Porygon takeover. I am overall disappointed. :(

besides avoid her damn rollout and you're good on beating miltank

I hope it's better next year. :/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I was hoping for more than just a Miltank article. More than a Porygon takeover. I am overall disappointed. :(
    To be fair, we now have a third article on Miltank. ;p (And other articles posted today on other things too!)

But on a serious note, yeah, I get you there, and I personally also want AF to happen on the forums despite the whinges and complaints of past years. Hence why I got something together for Daily with the team again, complete with cute new icon (and logo!) by Jess for the site. And imo the discord takeover has been good fun too. Fun because they're fun to do. Even the PC FB page has had something.

But on the flip side, a lot of what was done on the forums for AF in years past required non-trivial coding skills and setup and serious time, and people have been burnt by constant backlash. Even if you take the viewpoint that people are going to complain regardless, people have a limit, whether that's with pranks, or with people whinging about pranks. At least some parts of PC have taken some of the toll to try and get a laugh or smile, and heck, I've enjoyed doing it as well, which for me is the main thing. Let's just keep in mind that poking and complaining about things over and over is why sometimes we can't have nice things.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I was really excited to hop on and find an April Fool's prank waiting for me...

But remember Slowpoke? That was a good one.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    tyrant staff override user's thread titles

Back