• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What's your favorite gen 8 Pokémon?

pkmin3033

Hmm...either Sinistea or Eternatus, I think. I like the former because it's pretty damn cute - the naming is clever and it reminds me of Chip from Beauty and the Beast only without the excessively obnoxious voice that made me hate Chip as a character, haha - and I like the latter because it's a futuristic neon skeletal dragon thing and even if it has one of the worst alternate forms imaginable the base form is pretty awesome.

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • Either Galarian Rapidash or Obstagoon for me: Obstagoon is such a badass design and they've made one of the most forgettable rodents for me one of my favourite Pokemon and Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash fit with my vibe so much I just adore them :3 (just realised both of them are basically either side of my personality LMAO)

Years
  • Obstagoon for sure, Guts plus STAB Facade claps cheeeeeks. Obstagoon is also pretty fast and gets switcheroo so you can nerf a physical attacker on the opponents team.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Obstagoon for sure, Guts plus STAB Facade claps cheeeeeks. Obstagoon is also pretty fast and gets switcheroo so you can nerf a physical attacker on the opponents team.

Dude, I forgot about Rillaboom! 😂 I think it actually varies between Rillaboom and Obstagoon depending on my mood.

Years
  • SirFetched was one of the main reasons I got Sword over Shield so I like him. I also like Impidimp because...I really don't know I just do. Cinderace I like too because I have that one in Sword.

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
    Years
  • The moment I saw Sobble in the announcement direct, I knew it was my favourite starter. In terms of non starters, Wooloo and Toxtricity are my favourites, in terms of legendaries, Regieleki and Calyrex.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Right now, it's kind of a three-way tie among Indeedee, Falinks, and Dracovish.

Something about Indeedee's design just kinda clicks. I like its color scheme and its horns.
    Falinks is also a really neat spin on a Fighting-type and it's pretty cute too.
    Dracovish is...weird. And that's exactly what I love about it.

Years
  • I love Grimmsnarl. Fairy-type isn't my favorite type, but Grimmsnarl's design really appeals to me. Corviknight is another favorite of mine because I like crows and ravens in general.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Well, Galarian Rapidash became my top favorite Pokemon altogether. I was worried that GF would somehow mess up Galarian Rapidash by overdesigning, but what resulted was actually great. I know a lot of people wanted an alicorn evolution, but I'm perfectly fine with Galarian Rapidash as it is.

We definitely need a pegasus Pokemon, though!

For entirely new Pokemon, I love Zacian. Zamazenta is great, too, but I really adore Zacian. These are probably my top favorite legendaries.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    I absolutely adore Corviknight. It's became my second favorite Pokémon. I like the design, and seeing it on the mini series from Pokémon: Twilight Wings made me fall in love with it even more.

Years
    • Seen today
    My favourite Gen 8 Pokemon are Inteleon, Corviknight, Eldegoss, Centiskorch, Coalossal, Toxtricity, Flapple, Barraskewda, Grapploct, Grimmsnarl, Polteageist, Copperajah, Alcremie, Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd, Perrserker, Cursola, Dragapult, and Regieleki.

Aside from them, I also like Cinderace, Orbeetle, Drednaw, Sandaconda, Hatterene, Runerigus, Falinks, Eiscue, Indeedee, Dracozolt, Duraludon, Eternatus, Glastrier, and Regidrago.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    My top ones (in descending order) are Gigantamax Snorlax, Appletun, Dracovish, Falinks, Gigantamax Orbeetle, Alcremie, Eiscue, Regieleki and Polteageist. My profile picture is my non-competitive team for this generation.

Back