• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
jWCsm8p.jpg

THAT FUCKING ZENYATTA SKIN omg I'm losing it haha

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
If there's no ugly christmas sweater 76 skin I will be so let down.

I am so let down.

Really want the skins for Reaper, Pharah, Sombra and Winston. I also need that highlight intro for Widowmaker. Speaking of Widow, is she ever going to get a seasonal skin that's actually...good?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Opened my first loot box and had the Yeti Winston skin! Super pleased. Really want Sombra, Zen, Mei, and a few others...or admittedly most of them. :D

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Opened my first loot box and had the Yeti Winston skin! Super pleased. Really want Sombra, Zen, Mei, and a few others...or admittedly most of them. :D
I would trade you my candy cane Sombra skin for that Yeti one in a heartbeat. So far I have the Sombra and Lucia ones, but the Winston and Zenyatta skins are what I really want. Like I told Nick, to just want to be able to say I'm throwing my golden balls at people as Nutcracker Zenyatta haha.
I am so let down.

Really want the skins for Reaper, Pharah, Sombra and Winston. I also need that highlight intro for Widowmaker. Speaking of Widow, is she ever going to get a seasonal skin that's actually...good?
Has Widowmaker even gotten a seasonal skin yet? Rio, Halloween, this...I don't think so on the top of my head. But you have to admit, that mistletoe highlight intro she got is fucking gold, Im going to buy that if I can't get it to drop.
I have to say, I am REALLY disappointed with the costumes for Christmas. I mean, lol recolours? 3000 points? I got Reaper in my box and his is p decent, so I guess a win for me there...

The new mode is pretty good, but the MVP for me is...

NEW SYMMETRA.

Oh my god she is so much more awesome now! I've been playing her a lot on Attack and the opportunity the shield grants is great, along with the new shield generator. I've even managed to chunk down some tanks pretty quick; definitely picking up this lady more.

However, it being the CHRISTMAS MEGA EVENT and all, who is up for some games over the festive season?! Hit me up on #Froozer2436 (Battle.net) to watch me perform great feats, such as carry user: Goku to victory!

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Sombra is deadly on offense now. For the first cap on Payload matches she can be a real force when pushing for the point. Been playing against a bunch of really good Symmettras as of late...it's tough sometimes repelling her pushes (lol innuendooos)

Side note: last match last night I destroyed 2 teleporters in a match with a third deployed but couldn't get to it before the match ended. So close to that achievement *sobs*

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
nerf her primary and buff the secondary pls

I agree with this. Her fire rate for her secondary takes way too long to charge up. If they sped up the process a bit, I believe that would greatly compensate for a primary nerf; a good middle ground I believe.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Am I the only one who finds this sort of thing weird in the context of a game with absolutely 0 storyline or character development? Like, I love the character casting in Overwatch and think that their personalities make them really entertaining to play, but I just don't see how this is relevant or necessary.

It's not that I have a problem with it - I just don't get why they've done it.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Am I the only one who finds this sort of thing weird in the context of a game with absolutely 0 storyline or character development? Like, I love the character casting in Overwatch and think that their personalities make them really entertaining to play, but I just don't see how this is relevant or necessary.

It's not that I have a problem with it - I just don't get why they've done it.

It builds upon the background and lore of characters. Destiny did the same thing with a concept called grimoire cards outside of their base game which could be viewable online. It's, in essence, to build emotional connections with the characters to an extent, and is most likely why there is so much fan art content out there as a result.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Hmmm tank meta. I have obviously not seen this before in another game. **Sarcastic Wink wink and coughing**

4 Tanks have been pretty common lately i feel ever since the nerf to Ulti bar generation. I mean, picking Roadhogg isn't as risky as it was once. Remember the days when an enemy Roadhogg was a source of Ult charge?

Also, nerfs to Lucio and Ana may have helped with this Tank Meta that the game is at right now. I mean Lucio heals for less, Ana's roids do not give movement speed anymore, I dunno. With Lucio healing for less, DEEPZERS like Soldier, Cowboy, and WeebJi are at bigger risk than they were. I've been running into 3 to 4 tank comps myself and its either not fun, or pretty fun if we have the 4 tanks. At least I get to play Soldier when 4 people in my team do voluntarily play the tanks.

Also, yeah even with Ana being slightly nerfed, she's still a great subhealer. More people have been playing Mercy too since her substantial buffs and of course this OMGBlizzopls Tank meta.

Also, Symmettra... Rito pls. Nerf? Nah. I usually don't call for nerfs to anyone who has been recently reworked. Gitguud sunny jack and jill they say..

And since we're getting Doomfist as our next hero, we have ANOTHER TANK to play as in the future! Which i don't mind. Rumors buzzing around that Terry Crews may be the voice actor for Doomfist and with that, Doomfist would be the first REAL AMERICAN African American hero for the game, if they decide that Doomfist would be a such ethnicity. Oh and yes I'm being politically correct with the terminology. I don't want to offend anyone.

EDIT:
Chat I'm going to ask something. Since overwatch is definitely one of those "Try Hard or Die Hard" life over death vidya games, I wanna ask if some of you are watching some Overwatch youtubers as a source of reference in improving other than the basic "play every single day" jig. I've been watching nothing but Seagull for the past few days given that he's an actual professional player (DPS main) but he's actually decent with other heroes as well (He has a pretty sick Hanzo) and when he off-roles, he's still pretty damn good with it.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Oh man, got the Reaper and Winston Winter skins in my 5 free loot boxes today.

Log on and get your free stuff folks!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Got Christmas Roadhog (twice) in my five free boxes. That was pretty much the only relevant thing. I might crate grind a bit later because I want Jingle Tracer and Yeti Winston, and also Pharah. Won't be too upset if I don't get Pharah, but I need those two legendaries.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
5 free boxes netted me Tracer's and Pharah's. :) So happy. Only need Sombra and Zen to complete the ones I need. Got Yetinston on my first free box when the event started, but really need that Zen skin haha.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Alsoooo I added a new poll! Please answer it! I wanna get some events going for this game for us, so let's try to see how many of us own it for which system, etc!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, mine were also a bit disappointing as well. The only good thing I got out of the five boxes was a Victory pose for 76. I've gotten duplicates after duplicates. I mean, the 5 free boxes were nice, but I haven't gotten any good luck from them.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Maybe this is just me, but has anyone else been getting absolutely demolished as of late? I play solo for the most part, but for the past two games I've has stretches of losing 9/10 games with me finishing with silver/gold in eliminations in almost all of them. It's getting so frustrating to the point where I've actually had to take a break recently from the game /:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
That's pretty much how my usual solo q experience goes. I go on massive win streaks when I group up with at least one other person and we have a bit of communication going on.

I'm debating on dropping a bit of cash on loot boxes because I really want the skins I don't have, but I haven't had much time to grind for crates lately.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
That's pretty much how my usual solo q experience goes. I go on massive win streaks when I group up with at least one other person and we have a bit of communication going on.

I'm debating on dropping a bit of cash on loot boxes because I really want the skins I don't have, but I haven't had much time to grind for crates lately.

I'd wait till the very last day in order to buy loot boxes. Knowing RNG, you'll probably get every damn skin that you've been trying to get after you use up the loot boxes you buy. In the meantime, you should just do the custom playlists; each three wins you get a loot box, so at least you don't have to grind as much (plus you level up as well, but you probably already know that lol.)

Back