• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Eh I just popped 20 down on them and popped them all open. I got Jingle Tracer and various other non season legendaries so It was a pretty good haul. Might buy a few more on the last day of the event just to test my luck,

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Eh I just popped 20 down on them and popped them all open. I got Jingle Tracer and various other non season legendaries so It was a pretty good haul. Might buy a few more on the last day of the event just to test my luck,

You:

gif-steam-sale-Reaper-%28Overwatch%29-3186992.gif

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Wanted to play Overwatch all day. Played one game, MVP'd the hell out of that game as Reaper, and then took the Christmas decorations down early.

So... Overwatch tomorrow then!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Terry Crews voicing Doomfist would be amazing, but I'm too bummed out about the recent changes to D.Va on the PTR to be excited. I've heard that she's pretty bad now, and I can see why given the changes they've proposed. The HP and armor swap is a bad idea in my eyes. With only 200 armor, she's going to get her mech popped left and right, especially when you consider the size of her critical hitbox. The slight damage reduction, while not as big of an issue as the loss of armor, sucks too. She already hit like a wet napkin, and IDK why they felt the need to reduce it even more. If this is to stymie the tank meta, I hope they realize that the real problem is Ana and not the tanks. I'm praying this change doesn't go live because I don't want to see one of my mains fall out of the meta after she finally became somewhat good.

I enjoy the changes to Roadhog. This is how the hook should've worked to begin with. Seeing them improve Sombra is nice too. I'm glad they're taking the incremental approach with her instead of giving her a huge buff à la Ana. Hopefully the next thing they look at is her damage output or bullet spread.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Dumb fucks need to nerf Symmetra. She's absolutely ridiculous.

I actually don't think that Symmettra needs a nerf. The devs wanted to make her a viable attach option, which I think they finally got it right. I guess if anything, give her shield a little less health bc attacking on Eichenwalde is almost impossible when the defense has a Symmettra that keeps shooting a shield through the gap with a Bastion shooting behind it.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Terry Crews voicing Doomfist would be amazing, but I'm too bummed out about the recent changes to D.Va on the PTR to be excited. I've heard that she's pretty bad now, and I can see why given the changes they've proposed. The HP and armor swap is a bad idea in my eyes. With only 200 armor, she's going to get her mech popped left and right, especially when you consider the size of her critical hitbox. The slight damage reduction, while not as big of an issue as the loss of armor, sucks too. She already hit like a wet napkin, and IDK why they felt the need to reduce it even more. If this is to stymie the tank meta, I hope they realize that the real problem is Ana and not the tanks. I'm praying this change doesn't go live because I don't want to see one of my mains fall out of the meta after she finally became somewhat good.

I enjoy the changes to Roadhog. This is how the hook should've worked to begin with. Seeing them improve Sombra is nice too. I'm glad they're taking the incremental approach with her instead of giving her a huge buff à la Ana. Hopefully the next thing they look at is her damage output or bullet spread.

Are there patch notes available that list all the changes in the most recent update?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
The Worst Reaper in the world is reporting in. I need to constantly remind myself that I should pick Reaper when there are problematic tanks or there's a Winston in the field. But i did fairly well, stylin and profilin on some kids with him just a couple of hours ago.
Spoiler:

Anyway, D.Va right now isn't bad in any sense. Heck, she's pretty strong right now with the right hands. Heck, its not a surprise that you can get carried by a really good D.Va in your team considering how the numerous buffs she got during the latter half of last year just made her insanely good at the right hands.

However, I'm not liking the D.Va damage nerfs. Reducing her bullet damage from her fusion cannons from 3 to 2 is a big deal considering how one needs to spray someone endlessly. But in exchange, having added "pellets"? Nope. Not seeing it.

However, there is a reasonable thing about the Armor and Health exchanges.

Developer Comments: D.Va's armor often made her feel like she had no weaknesses, even against heroes that are often effective against bigger targets (like Reaper).

Yep. its somewhat reasonable considering that remember, patches ago, her Defensive Matrix was changed into something that actually made her a tank. And considering that D.Va has the maneuverability of a frickin Gundamn, she was quite difficult to kill even in highly concentrated fire.

Then again, I wasn't really having any complains about D.Va at all considering that I usually don't have any problems whatsoever with most of the heroes. I mean, I need to play more in order for me to have opinions that matter for the game right?

But yeah, NERF THIS.. well I'm sorry D.Va if these changes go through :( A certain friend of mine is actually quite triggered by these D.Va changes and she has already slapped me for it. Don't ask why though.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
The Worst Reaper in the world is reporting in. I need to constantly remind myself that I should pick Reaper when there are problematic tanks or there's a Winston in the field. But i did fairly well, stylin and profilin on some kids with him just a couple of hours ago.
Spoiler:

Anyway, D.Va right now isn't bad in any sense. Heck, she's pretty strong right now with the right hands. Heck, its not a surprise that you can get carried by a really good D.Va in your team considering how the numerous buffs she got during the latter half of last year just made her insanely good at the right hands.

However, I'm not liking the D.Va damage nerfs. Reducing her bullet damage from her fusion cannons from 3 to 2 is a big deal considering how one needs to spray someone endlessly. But in exchange, having added "pellets"? Nope. Not seeing it.

However, there is a reasonable thing about the Armor and Health exchanges.

Yep. its somewhat reasonable considering that remember, patches ago, her Defensive Matrix was changed into something that actually made her a tank. And considering that D.Va has the maneuverability of a frickin Gundamn, she was quite difficult to kill even in highly concentrated fire.

Then again, I wasn't really having any complains about D.Va at all considering that I usually don't have any problems whatsoever with most of the heroes. I mean, I need to play more in order for me to have opinions that matter for the game right?

But yeah, NERF THIS.. well I'm sorry D.Va if these changes go through :( A certain friend of mine is actually quite triggered by these D.Va changes and she has already slapped me for it. Don't ask why though.
I'm not too upset about the damage change from 3 to 2. Like you were saying, considering she has the movements of a Gundamn, infinite ammo, and essentially Call of Dity's second chance by allowing her the equivalent of an extra life after her mech brakes, it makes sense to tone down her damage to balance out her OPness. I think that's a fair counterbalance to say the least.

Also that Reaper ult pic pffffff, that's a typical normal play with him lol :P

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Are there patch notes available that list all the changes in the most recent update?

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20464895

I'm still hating the D.Va changes. Really hope they don't go live. I also agree on nerfing Symmetra to a certain extent. She feels really good right now, but her primary fire's range increasing to 10m from 8m was a bit overkill, and it is incredibly hard to get away from her now. I got a PoTG yesterday with her where I 1v1'd and killed a Reinhardt, Ana and Junkrat because I was able to lock on and bunny hop around like a moron until they were all dead. It's insane. I think if they revert it to 8m she'd be fine.

I really really really really hope they tweak Soldier's damage output. Right now he's so annoying to face. If these D.Va changes go live, he's going to be able to maul almost anything he looks at. I barely even see McCree anymore because Soldier is so much better, when I think the last set of changes were made in an attempt to sort of put them on an equal footing.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
The main reason why Soldier's damage per bullet was buffed in the first place is that pre-patch, Soldier didn't really have the DPS to keep up with the likes of McCree (especially Pre Fan the hammer nerf McCree who instantly destroyed tanks way better than Reaper did) and Genji (especially Pre-mobility and Dragonblade duration nerf Genji). Tanks could easily stick into Soldier's face and soak up his damage. Not to mention, in one patch, Soldier's Spread Recovery was nerfed, making him a bit harder to play especially when spraying people while he didn't get his big DPS boost before the patch that buffed him. The big DPS buff that Soldier got was Blizzo's way of making up for that spread recovery nerf, and also making him competitive/viable as a damage dealer.

With that said, currently at Soldier's 17-20 per shot damage, Soldier's DPS with his 25 round mag and a fully automatic weapon is at a very GOOD spot right now and getting headshots with Soldier is much more rewarding. And just remember, Soldier CANNOT headshot during Tac Visor, which basically prevents him from being completely overpowered during his Ulti.

##BuffReaperBlizzoplsmakehimintoaLegitAssassin##

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I just got back into the game after taking some time off from it. I have a question though...

Since when did Tankers get a health boost? They're all 600 instead of the usual 400-500 now.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I just got back into the game after taking some time off from it. I have a question though...

Since when did Tankers get a health boost? They're all 600 instead of the usual 400-500 now.

For the most part, they still have their usual 300 health 200 armor things. Roadhogg still has his meaty 600 health. But considering how the meta has lately been Ana healbotting for tanks with her currently ridiculous HP% based heal, a lot of them feel that they have 600 HP.

Of course, they are thinking of nerfing Ana's Biotic grenade in the PTR since Blizzard thinks that Ana healing tanks for truckloads of HP is pretty cancerous to the playerbase D:

The fan backlash right now is on a really damn high with the changes to D.Va and Roadhogg. I mean, D.Va who has spent months in the crud-tier got the strings of necessary buffs to make her a decent pick, only for Blizzo to be nerfing the crap out of her in the near future.

Of course, the PTR build right now is still on testing grounds, mainly for the D.Va and Roadhogg changes.

Oh and Jeff Kaplan has stated the following:
Only "0.26% of Overwatch players have tested these changes on the PTR" and of these players, "the average playtime on the PTR (including sitting in menus etc.) this week is 26 minutes.

I encourage people to log in and try these changes for a few nights -- not one anecdotal match -- and see how you feel about them by formulating your own opinion.

To put it another way, 99.74% of the community hasn't actually played with any of these changes.

These statements from Jeff may be outdated at the time of me sharing this. I'm pretty sure there are tons more people trying out the current PTR build with the incoming changes. Though I'm quite happy to see the lead designer of the game to happily respond to the community backlash.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Ayyyy I love Overwatch! <3 I am however put off from playing it recently however...

I have one question though: has the Mei ice wall exploit been patched yet? 3v3 is no longer fun since people started abusing it.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Ayyyy I love Overwatch! <3 I am however put off from playing it recently however...

I have one question though: has the Mei ice wall exploit been patched yet? 3v3 is no longer fun since people started abusing it.
I believe it was fixed. Last I checked they were planning on launching the patch on January 5th; I'm just trying to find the patch notes for it and I'll edit this when I find it.

Edit: I think it's currently in the PTR right now (along with the Roadhog nerf) so expect it soon.

Leviathan

Years
Good to know, thanks! Perhaps then I'll go back to playing it once the patch drops.

Leviathan

Years
Good to hear! (: Who do you like to main as/what's your level mate?

I am level 253 on console and I main junkrat/reinhardt/zenyatta! I'm currently practicing my Ana and Lucio, and I'm trying to decide on an offence main as I kinda use them all except for Sombra.

Back