• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch!

Years
  • I've been pretty addicted to twitch these past few months, and I'm honestly on it more these days than YouTube.

So...how many of you guys go on Twitch? Who are some of your favorite streamers to watch? Do you stream yourself?

Poke Andy

AndyTube
    Years
  • I have tried twitch but its a bit difficult to get viewers i find when starting out. I am use to Youtube and enjoy it for both posting videos and watching.

Years
  • there's always something that's bothering me about twitch, don't know what it is though. but more than that, i think its a great platform and a good (sort of) competitor for youtube.

personally, i have never been interested with twitch and livestreams and such so... yeah. im just stuck here on youtube

Years
  • Unfortunately, I don't use Twitch all that often. :< Unless a friend of mine (or, at the very least, someone that I know) is saying that they're streaming something, I usually don't pay much attention to it.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I sadly dont use twitch, because im either distracted by some game, discord, or just catching up on videos on youtube. I did find a good streamer last sunday, didnt turn out to be good person once talked to for awhile in their discord (not getting into deeds to not start drama and what not) but im hoping to actually use twitch more often as i get more grown, as in i wanna livestream while recording my vids so people can get a fresh live look at what happens during recording, then edit it down normally for youtube vid. Along with finding other smaller streamers and support them. (sorry for small wall of text)

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2023
    When it comes down to buffering issues as well as actually pausing a live stream, I prefer YouTube over Twitch.
    Twitch, no matter what I try, also lags behind real time when I watch.

1. Watch stream for like an hour on laptop (website).
    2. Open stream on phone (Android app).
    3. Notice my laptop's view of the stream is significantly behind the phone's view.

Same happens the other way around as well.

Also note that due to this issue (of getting behind real time), Twitch can hog up a lot of RAM over time.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I never use twitch, and don't think I have the energy for it, really. Like, I do want to watch Finnister and Cy Yu, but I just am too lazy. I'd much rather just watch youtube twitch highlights, you know?

Years
  • since my initial post in the op, amazon has changed so much with twitch in the last 2-3 years (for the worse) that i gradually stopped logging in

Years
  • I don't use twitch lately, mainly because I have other things to do. I don't really explore channels and so on, because I just have my few favourites, that I try to follow here and there.
    However, it's been months since I haven't followed a live streaming by my favourite creators. Sometimes I rewatch them on YouTube as they re-upload them there. I like Twitch, but most of its content creators don't tell me much.

Years
    • Seen today
    I was part of a small twitch community who played Smash Brothers every night.

It was a fun experience that humbled me a little. I was the best player at my school by a large margin, but through participation in this stream I would take defeats and ultimately better myself from it. (in game and off).

I left after the streamer hosting started to became rather...crass and mean. Although it was fun while it lasted and I enjoyed being there.

Years
  • every now and then i'll catch a fl0m stream. he's the only CSGO streamer i still watch on a semi-regular basis. it's not really a platform i can spend hours on everyday like youtube though, since i do get bored of any stream after an hour or so (unless it's a tournament i'm watching). like palamon, i'd much rather skip all the downtime and get straight to the highlights via the aforementioned youtube.

Back