• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any games you never completed?

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    Are there any main-series (or even spin offs) that any of you have owned but not completed? For example, I got Action Replay when I owned Diamond for the first time which completely ruined the game for 10 year old me so I stoped playing.

HeartGold, I completed Johto but (big regret) traded in the game before I could start Kanto.

Then Pokemon Black I've only recently bought again. I bought it on launch day back in 2011 and last week I finally finished the main storyline.

Are there any Pokemon games you have/had but yet to complete?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Pokemon Emerald... I still haven't taken all the golden badges of the battle frontier... but only because I started to play it only in this period, after years

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I never totally beat either of the Stadium Games (I haven't even unlocked Round 2), Pok?mon Art Academy (drawing/painting on the 3DS screen gets me tensed up and I'm usually exhausted by the time I finish a lesson, so I kind of gave up once I got to the Charizard shading lesson), Pok?mon Pinball RS (I traded it before finishing it), or Blue (because I obtained it with a dry battery and never replaced it). I only played the first bit of Pikachu's Adventure, then my sister got into it and I watched her beat it. Haven't beaten Orre Colosseum in XD, either.

I think I've finished all the other Pok?mon games I've owned, other than beating the Battle Frontier and completing the Pok?dex in all of the games (I think I only beat HG's Battle Frontier and completed the Pok?dex in Pearl, Black 2, X, and AlphaSapphire).

I haven't played any of the Ranger games and only played one of the Mystery Dungeon games (Red, which I beat).

Last edited:

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    I think I've finished all the other Pok?mon games I've owned, other than beating the Battle Frontier and completing the Pok?dex in all of the games (I think I only beat HG's Battle Frontier and completed the Pok?dex in Pearl, Black 2, X, and AlphaSapphire).

I love the differing views on 'completed' too - I consider the games complete when I've beaten the Elite 4, but for you the postgame/completed pokedex is your yardstick. By your version of events, I definitely haven't completed any of the games I've owned (except maybe Ranger and Mystery Dungeon Blue)

Years
  • Before i even knowed the pok?mon core games, i didn't finished all of the games.
    But of now, i had finished the storyline of pok?mon red and blue and have beaten the elite four and also have done in-game trades with the npcs.
    In pok?mon gold, i had beaten the 6 gyms, i didn't completed the team rocket quest, and i am still in goldenrod city.
    But so many years later, i do remember that i had finished silver, i was about to capture lugia or ho-oh i don't remember because is such a long time that i don't finish this game.
    Of course i do played them in a emulator, just to mention.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Red, Blue, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Firered, Black2, X, Omega Ruby, Moon

Red, Blue and Silver corrupted before I could play much of them. In Crystal I completed Johto about 11 years after I bought the game but didn?t get to do much of Kanto. I didn?t complete Sapphire or Firered because I lost interest. In Black2 I?m stuck at Colress.

In x and Omega Ruby I?m mainly just shiny hunting in them so haven?t really made teams. And lost interest in Sun before the second island.

For the record the only games I completed fully are Yellow and Y.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Platinum to be honest. Loved the D/P sprites better and I was so emotionally invested in my Diamond cartridge to want to play platinum. Atleast with HG/SS I could grab some Pok?mon I'd otherwise miss out on.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Most of them. It's really rare if I complete a game tbh. Not even my favourites anymore really. :( I just can't commit to completing a run.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha. Most of them. Only ever finished Ruby, Yellow and Platinum properly. And with Platinum, I count beating the E4 as properly, I haven't gone into the postgame.

/bad

Years
  • Haha. Most of them. Only ever finished Ruby, Yellow and Platinum properly. And with Platinum, I count beating the E4 as properly, I haven't gone into the postgame.

/bad

Well, of now i only finished red and blue.
    In pok?mon gold i am quite close to get the 2 last badges, price and clair, but i didn't do the team rocket quest.

Years
  • I think Ultra Moon is the only Pokemon game to date that I haven't finished, and it's mostly due to the fact that life is getting really busy for me and I just haven't had the time to pick it up and finish things yet.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I still haven't completed Pokemon Ultra Sun. I am still playing, maybe like 15 minutes a night. I really wish I can finish it because I want to cmplete th Pokemon, breed again and battle again. But there's too many damn cutscenes >.< It's just in my way, I end up not aring for them thus not immerse in the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I still haven't completed Pokemon Ultra Sun. I am still playing, maybe like 15 minutes a night. I really wish I can finish it because I want to cmplete th Pokemon, breed again and battle again. But there's too many damn cutscenes >.< It's just in my way, I end up not aring for them thus not immerse in the game.

You can't skip them either, right?

Cardinal sin of gaming.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd say any Sinnoh-based game. Everything just feels too long, and much worse with 4th Gen's slow speed in general.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I barely played the postgame in Platinum. I recently played through the game but I was underwhelmed by it. I prefer the more basic gen 1-3 or the more upgraded gen 5-7. For some reason gen 4 seems stuck in the middle for me, but that might be because I played that gen last

Back